Book Three: First Tale

Multitales: ExoMin (NEW UPDATES!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   B o o k T h r e e 
I. The Devil's Law
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Flickering lights signaled his arrival, — although if you asked anyone else, at least anyone that was aware of what he was, 'warned' would be a more suiting term to use.

Of course, to anyone around flickering lights could mean anything but a warning, and to the girl who sported the short, freshly dyed black hair, it was a nuisance. The last thing she needed was the power going off on top of all of the bull she was already having to deal with. Like how she was going to manage to pay for someone to fix her AC in the middle of summer.

Regardless, she continued to roam around the small kitchen of her apartment, scrubbing and wiping every surface in sight. 

He, on the other hand, strode right passed her.

It didn't matter whether he was quiet or loud about it, none of it made a difference. No one could hear him coming, just like no one ever did, and she was no exception. Though he desperately wished she were.

He wished that for once, she could see him. To look at him the same way he looked at her. But that was the Devil's Law. No one knew of his existence or the existence of those like him and it needed to be kept that way.

Still... despite it, he hoped there could one day be an exception.

Like every other mortal, Min was completely ignorant to those that lingered in the darkness and went bump in the night. They were meant to be brushed off as figments of the imagination, fairytales, and myth. And while lesser demons were meant to avoid direct contact with mortals, higher-ranking demons had the power to compel, manipulate, deceive and corrupt. The more rebellious ones would often go against their ruler and go as far as possessing the humans; not as if the True Usurper minded. In fact, he almost encouraged it.

But there was a very rare breed of Demon; the ones that actually admired the mortals and the freedom they were given to do and feel and say whatever they pleased. Untethered from the herculean responsibility of too much knowledge. They were beautiful and emotional and flawed and strong and passionate, and among everything else, unattainable. To these demons who had only known the darkest pits of hell, mortals were the most intriguingly captivating creatures in existence. They needed to be protected and admired—worshiped, almost. And Chanyeol was among these demons, harboring feelings for a mortal that he knew he shouldn't, that he technically couldn't be feeling but did. It was forbidden but it was also unmistakable.

Unaware of his presence, Min continued to do her chores as he studied her the way he had been for the last year and a half when he found her minutes from death in an alleyway at the hands of one of those rebellious imps. Since then he hadn't stopped visiting her in her home every single night like clockwork.

From the sidelines, leaning up against her wall with his arms crossed over his broad chest, Chanyeol watched as she folded her clothes and placed them neatly on her bed before organizing the little she had into her closet. 

The bright red-magenta neon signs from across the street cast the perfect color on her, silhouetting her perfect form. The color was brilliant on her skin and she looked like a devil herself.

He couldn't begin to explain how or when it happened — let alone why — the only thing he was completely sure of was that he had pledged his absolute devotion and loyalty to her that night and made sure to visit her every oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter