Book Two: Seventh Tale

Multitales: ExoMin (NEW UPDATES!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   B o o k T w o  
VII. Min x Xiumin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Being Class President is tough to deal with. I honestly never thought it was going to be this stressful. I thought, I'll use this to boost my already high popularity, get some perks, help organize parties and free days for the senior class and boom! Done. 

Not even close to be the actual case.

I actually had responsibilities. Obligations. And I couldn't get out of them because I was expected to be there for everything. We had a Student Council meeting once a month, where I had to sit there and listen to each President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Historian talk for a few hours about the changes needed to be made to the school or which class should have what fundraiser for what thing. Not to mention how brutal it was to bear  having to socialize with one another since we all had such varying ways of taking our position.

Some of us took it a lot more seriously than others and one of the ones who took it maybe a little too seriously was none other than the Junior Class President, Min. Min was that girl and I'm sure you know exactly who I'm talking about. She's that girl in class that always raises her hand. The one that makes the rest of us look bad whether she intends to or not. She's the girl that inadvertently s up the grading curve in the class because she can't get less than a 100 on anything she does. That girl who's always punctual and leaves class after she's spoken to or helped the teacher with something that no one else could be bothered to offer to do. The one that volunteers all the time, even when no one asked. The one who always has an answer for everything when no one asked. The one who gets along well with all the faculty and staff members. The girl that those said teachers constantly praise and compare all their other incompetent students to. The girl you are 99.9% sure had no life. Min was that girl. And it absolutely enraged me because it was because of her that I was sitting in front of this cafe trying to figure out ideas to encourage learning. I'm a senior. The last thing I give an actual crap about is learning let alone finding creative and innovative ways to encourage it. That should be the teachers' jobs.

"Dammit!"

That's it. I give up.

I had been at this for an hour, burning through notebook paper trying to find an acceptable idea that wasn't along the lines of: "burn the school down" or "throw a rave". Despite both options sounding absolutely tempting at the moment.

Tossing my pen on my book I roughly ran my hand through my hair and leaned back against the metal framed chair. For the first time in my life I was kind of glad when my phone started ringing because it gave me an excuse to stop what I was doing and distract me from this bull work I had to do.

"Yeah."

"Yo, Minseok!" was Jongin's loud greeting. "Where you at, bro?"

"I'm at Marty's."

"What are you doing there?"

The waitress came out and handed me the Philly cheese steak and fries that I had ordered, along with a pitcher of water for me to refill my glass. I gave her a smile before she headed inside and groaned my response. "I'll give you a guess."

He caught on quick. "That chick still giving you a hard time?"

"She needs to give it a ing rest," I brushed a hand through my hair in agitation. "I don't know who she thinks she's impressing by being the way she is."

"She's a little know-it-all junior. Just quit."

"I can't now." As stupid and as pointless as this was it was actually boosting me up academically. I quickly changed the subject and we got to talking about the party that was happening that weekend. After ten more minutes we hung up and after thirty I was heading back home where I would take a quick shower, maybe eat again and sleep the rest of the day away.

 

As usual the weeks felt like they blurred together until they became this one continuous, conjoined line. It all felt mundane and routine so when one thing, no matter how small or insignificant, fell out of place, it was more than noticeable. And I will never forget this one day in specific. The day where the one person I thought had it all together, showed that everyone is just as capable of falling apart.

"Yo, Minseok," I heard one of my classmates greet when I got into my second period Calculus class.

I greeted him and a few others right away as I quickly headed to my seat and counted my lucky stars that despite running late, I had somehow managed to get into my seat exactly a minute before the bell rang.

The Professor gave his greetings no 20 seconds later and started class by going over attendance. It wasn't until nearly five minutes later, before he could get to my name, that the door was abruptly opened, successfully securing everyone's attention to the right side of the room where a familiar girl now stood. I hadn't even realized she hadn't been sitting in that now painfully obvious unoccupied spot in the center front row of the class.

She looked a lot different than usual, slightly disheveled, and regarded everyone in the class nervously before cautiously making her way over to the Professor's desk. It was completely unlike her usual overly-confident self. It seemed humbling. Like some twisted type of poetic justice was finally being served in my favor.

"Good morning," was as far as I heard her say before the low murmurs started around me.

"I don't think I have ever seen her late before," this one girl a few desks down from me started saying before her friend responded, "Yeah but little miss Teacher's Pet will get a little slap on the wrist and all will be well in the world. How's that fair?" I rolled my eyes and struggled to find how it wasn't fair. I didn't like the girl as much as the next person but there was no denying that Min was never late. It wasn't encoded in her CPU, I'm sure.

"If it were anyone else we'd be getting roasted in the middle of the class." And again, although I would love to rag on this girl, I couldn't help but fire in my head how unlike Min, anyone else had already probably been late several times before. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this was common knowledge.

Oh, Minseok, don't play the hero type. I ing caught myself coming to the girl's defense a little bit too much and shook my head before focusing my attention back to the front.

Min was nodding her head profusely before she was given a few more words and then directed to sit in her usual seat toward the front of the class. Without trying to draw too much attention to herself she took out her notebook and pen and started jotting down some notes as if nothing had happened.

I hated to admit it, but it always amazed me how despite being a junior she was in a class with a bunch of seniors. And if that wasn't impressive enough, she was also part of dual-enrollment program and had long been studying nearly three years above her grade-level. As if people didn't have enough reasons to dislike the girl.

I ing loathed calculus and everything about it, but this was something that I needed for my Engineering Major so I took it. But today was a short day, and I had never felt more thankful because it meant that we burned right through the class and in no time the bell rung dismissing us from one punishment class to the next. The only difference was that I actually enjoyed Weight Lifting.

After class the Professor called for Min to stay behind so that they could talk. Usually getting to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter