Chapter 5

Will you be there?

Chapter 5

 

Jiyeon didn’t come to Cafenne for almost a week. She had told me once that she had an exam that was why she couldn’t come here to meet me. At that moment, I didn’t mind it, thinking that finally I could have time to free myself from her, no Jiyeon stalking around. That sounded really great.

 

You know what? My thought was so wrong.

 

This was unhealthy…

 

Every time I heard a bell ring from the door of Café, I turned to look at the person who was coming inside. I felt a bit disappoint because whoever that came in wasn’t her, the one who I had missed even I didn’t want to admit.

 

When my friends and I went back home, I always looked around like a fool to find someone who usually stalking me. I found nothing, there was an empty space replacing her presence. I sighed in uneasy. I wasn’t used to this. She was always around me like my shadow.

 

It was like a bad habit of mine, and it was so annoying.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This place wraps in silence, of course it’s midnight. Who will walk in the playground at this time? It’s no one, except me. I sit on a swing, thinking about what happen to me in this week. I don’t like this feeling, lonely and confused, I hate being like this.

 

“I miss you.”

 

The word comes out from my throat all of sudden, and it somehow shocks myself. I just say that I miss her. I don’t know what kind of miss that word truly means, miss her as a friend or what? No, it couldn’t be in this way.

 

“Stop your stupid thought Eunjung.” I warn myself as a frown creeps up on my face.

 

I close my eyes, tilt up my head to face the night sky. Breathe Eunjung, breathe. Stop thinking about her, you screw up a lot in this week. Let’s focus on your routine like usual, be the one who you are at the beginning.

 

Don’t let her ruin your life… yes, don’t let Jiyeon ruin my peaceful life.

 

And then, I open my eyes, seeing Jiyeon in front of me with her famous eye smile. I narrow my brows, I just tell myself to stop thinking about her. Why I imagine that she is smiling widely at me like this?

 

I shake my head, lift my hand to rub my face. I have been lack of sleep because of her for almost week, I guess that’s why I imagine Jiyeon is here. I think I should go home, take some rest or maybe asking Boram unnie for one day leave.

 

“Ouch!” I feel pain when someone knocks my head.

 

Jiyeon is frowning before me, crossing her arms like a kid who dislikes what she see. “What’s wrong with you, Jungie?”

 

Damn it! I’m not imagining, Jiyeon is here for real!

 

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Embarrassment is what I feel right now. Jiyeon reaches her hands to caress both of my cheeks, and it doesn’t help anything. Her touch calls butterflies to dance in my stomach, and my heart beats so fast.

 

I don’t know how I should answer her question. I can only freeze on my position, my brain is blank. I’m clearly feel the warm from her soft hands, and somehow enjoying it. She is about to let go, but I’m faster to hold both of her hands in my palms before she can do it.

 

Slightly nod my head, I look deep in Jiyeon’s beautiful eyes and see happiness in them. Wide smile slowly shows up on her face, making her more magnificent. I know it will never happen, but I really want to stop the time to stare at her forever.

 

“I have missed you A LOT.” She whispers, a bit loud at her last two words.

 

With a blink of eyes, I find myself being lock in her arms. Jiyeon embraces me tightly, hides her face into the crook of my neck. I feel her hot breath against my skin, and it sends some tickle toward me.

 

“I miss you. I miss you so much, Jungie.”

 

Gosh, I love this.

 

The overwhelming delight that I feel is undeniable, I can’t stop myself from utter this word. “I miss you too.” I return her a hug, squeeze her tightly in my arms. I don’t ever know that I can miss someone this much, and when I have her in my arms will feel like my life’s complete.

 

Is this how fallen in love feel?

 

I’m back to my sense when Jiyeon smiles under my chin, and the fact that her soft lips is against my skin makes me stiff. She notices my reaction, then quickly pulls back with her redden face. Obviously, she is blushing scarlet.

 

“I’m sorry.” She hangs her head down, gripping the hem of her shirt. I notice she is kneeling on the ground, so I quickly pull her toward me, making her stand up. I know my sudden action will confuse her, but I don’t want her knees to get dirt.

 

“W-What are you doing?”

 

“Don’t kneel on the ground. Go, sit there.”

 

I point at the swing beside mine while Jiyeon’s eyes following my finger. She seems to think about something for a few seconds, then turns to face me. “It’s cold out here... C-Can I sit on your lap and get hug?” She asks shyly, look aside as avoiding my eyes.

 

She’s too cute to handle.

 

“Come here.” I pull her to sit on my lap, back hug her and rest my chin on her shoulder. I can smell her perfume that making my head light. I can feel the heat from Jiyeon’s body which seem to be hotter than human’s usual temperature.

 

“You are so hot.” Jiyeon chokes at my word. I smile playfully, reach my cheek to touch hers. Then, I can clearly know how hot she is. Jiyeon slightly jumps when our cheeks meet, but I hold her tightly so she can’t go anywhere.

 

“W-What do you mean? So hot? Me?”

 

“I mean a fever, your body temperature is hotter than it should be.”

 

“Oh.” She sighs.

 

“You seem disappoint. Do you expect another meaning?” I tease, tighten my arms around Jiyeon.

 

Her face turns all red in a second, quickly shakes her head as an answer. I chuckle at her action. What an adorable girl. After a few minutes of silence, we talk about random things, almost of them are about Jiyeon and her exam. She doesn’t ask me much, just always says how she misses me in this week.

 

Then, we decide it’s time to go home. I accompany Jiyeon to her house, before going back to mine. I throw myself on the comfort bed, smiling like idiot until I fall asleep. My mind keep thinking about Jiyeon, completely forget that I shouldn’t feel this way with her. Even in my dream, I dream about her.

 

Park Jiyeon… what are you doing to me?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I walk here and there like a mad women, today Cafenne has a lot of customers because of Siwan, the idol, comes here to shoot some part of his drama in our Café. A lot of customers whom I’m talking about are his fans, thanks to him that he brings us a great busy day.

 

Siwan is a handsome, polite, cool, smart and mysterious man. In the list of Top ten male idols surly have his name on it. He is every girl’s idea type, hardworking and gentle. Really. What a perfect man.

 

He has a good personality. Siwan proves to us, all the staff in Cafenne, he isn’t like other idols who is arrogant and headstrong. This handsome man treats all his fans cups of coffee, he never complains in anything that displease him, but waits patiently for explanation or solves what is wrong into right carefully. He even helps us making coffee like a curious student. No wonder he has a lot of fans.

 

If I am a man, he is the last one who I wish to be his enemy in love. Seriously, I have nothing to beat him. I don’t see a bit of light in winning the fight.

 

The bell ring when Caffene’s door open, my smile reaches my ears without knowing myself. Jiyeon is there, at the front door. She seems confused among the crowd. So, I quickly walk toward her, but there is someone faster than me.

 

“Hello miss, I’m sorry if my fans ruin your beautiful day.” Siwan bows at her politely while Jiyeon just waving her hand as she doesn’t mind it at all. “It’s okay, I just confused that why all of sudden there have a lot of people here. Usually, this place is peaceful and not so crowd.”

 

“You come here every day?”

 

“Hmm… you can say that. I come here every day except the day I have exam.”

 

Jiyeon nods to herself while Siwan showing his sweetest smile, and somehow that’s smile annoy the crap out of me. A wide smile creeps up on Jiyeon’s face when she notices me, she waves at me cheerfully, but the only thing she can find is a frown on my face.

 

I decide to go back to kitchen, we’re busy in there with many orders. “Jungie, wait!” Jiyeon shouts, and I stop in my tracks. I never expect that she will bold enough to call me this loud in front of a lot of people here. Usually, she is a shy girl who will only brave when there are only two of us. Oh, I almost forget, except the time she confess to me.

 

“Sorry, you block my way.” Jiyeon says politely to Siwan, he quickly bows to her then steps aside letting Jiyeon run toward me. Her arms reach to lock around my neck, hugging me tightly in front of everyone. Surly, Minnie will tease me nonstop.

 

“I miss you.” Her scent calms me, the annoyance I feel disappears in a second like it never happen. The warmth from her body is calling me to hug her back, and I do wrap my arms around her waist. “We just apart for a few hours, and you already say this again huh?”

 

“Is that wrong? I just want to be honest with you. Even one sec without you around me, I miss you already.” She giggles softly at her own cheesiness. How cute.

 

“Ehem! We are busy in the kitchen. Can you please stop your lovey-dovey then move your here to help us, Jungie?” Hyomin pokes out from the kitchen, shouting at me. “Coming,” I reply, turning to Jiyeon. “Later, okay?” she nods. So, I run to help in the kitchen, and don’t forget to write Jiyeon’s favorite drink in our order, an ice Americano.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jungie.” Hyomin calls me, tugging my shirt. No, it’s more like ripping my shirt.

 

“What?” I ask while busy making an ice Americano for Jiyeon. “Yah, turn this way and look at your girlfriend table!” she nags. Seriously, when will she stop calling Jiyeon as my girlfriend? I stop what I’m doing, walk to stand beside Minnie and look at whatever she point at.

 

And then, I see Jiyeon sits uncomfortable in her seat with Siwan before her. Suddenly, I feel annoy with no reason, and ball my fist automatically. Doesn’t he know that he makes her feel uneasy? “Seem like you have a rival already huh?”

 

“Rival? That’s funny. And let me repeat, Jiyeon isn’t my girlfriend.”

 

“Really? She isn’t your girlfriend huh? So what’s the lovey-dovey scene a moment ago? Tsk, Tsk!”

 

“We’re friend. Next time I will knock your head while repeating this if you say it again. Get it?”

 

“Just forget it for a while okay? Don’t you see that your girl-” I star at her sharply, so Minnie stop in her midsentence. “I mean your friend is feeling uneasy because of your newfound ri-” She stop once again when she notices my dreadful gaze. “I mean Siwan-ssi.”

 

“So what?”

 

“Don’t we need to do something to bring her out of this situation?”

 

Yes, we damn need Minnie!

 

“I will handle this.” I say with a calm expression, but my inside is ready to boil anytime soon. In all of the people in this world, why it must be Jiyeon?  I have never heard that he interests to date anyone, but why all of sudden he changes his mind and flirts with my friend?!

 

If he lays a finger on her, I will definitely kick his !

 

I grab an ice Americano, heading to where Jiyeon’s table is. I smirk when I see Jiyeon smiles at me, her eyes asking me for help to drag him away. “Here you go, miss.” I put a drink on the table, before turning to give Siwan a polite smile.

 

“Why you sit here, sir? As I remember, this table is own by this beautiful lady and yours is there.”

 

“Can’t I sit with her?”

 

“I don’t want to say, but yes. Our Café aim to serve everyone, and give customers their personal space is one of our responsibility. I hope you can understand us and go back to your table, sir.”

 

Siwan stars at me as he dislike my sentence while I just smile at him because my word is nothing wrong. And then, he backs off. “Do you want me to go back to my table, Jiyeon-ssi?” He asks her for the last time, completely ignores me like I’m invisible.

 

Jeez! This man is really annoying!

 

“Yes, please.”

 

Right, Jiyeon. Shoo him away! Shoo!

 

He slowly returns to his table, hanging his head like a seedy dog that makes all his fans scream at how cute he is or something like that. I don’t care it at all, cos I’m busy laughing loudly in my heart like I have won a greatest war.

 

Suddenly, I feel a light tug on my shirt calling me to whoever doing it. Jiyeon is looking at me with an adorable smile on her face. “Thank you.” She says softly.

 

“We aim to please you, miss.” I wink at her, and that causes a blushing Jiyeon who is automatically avoiding my eyes contract. I chuckle at her behaved before going back to the kitchen with a smile that curls on my lips.

 

What a lovely day!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey there, I have missed my dear reader so much! I'm sorry for my long lost, I have been busy with my college activities. I was writing this cos I was bored of review my study before my exam in next week. I had been review them for seven days nonstop. Seriously, I thought I couldn't finish review all of them in any time soon, definitely not before my exam!! Jeez! I was going carzy, and that was why I was here to released my stress. LOL

 

As I have siad, this story has only six chapters. So... please wait for the last one. I don't know when will I update, I hope you guys can wait. Thank you!!