Chapter 3

Will you be there?

Chapter 3

 

I’m walking in the garden with Soyeon unnie, my doctor. After the day that I know the truth, I suddenly get sick because of what I realize. Soyeon unnie tells me that I get sick from my mind, so I need to take a rest before going back to my normal routine.

 

And she is right, I feel better in this hospital that no one will ruin my peace. I just tell Hyomin that I get sick then ask her to tell my boss that maybe I can’t go to work for a week, and she just tells me to get well soon. That means no one knows where I am right now.

 

Talking about Jiyeon, I really get mad at her. How she dare to do this to me? I really not understand her. She left me when we were young, and suddenly came back to my life asking me to be there, at her side liked nothing had happened.

 

Okay… let’s talk like adult, I admit that I’m acting like a kid, but she really mess up my childhood so I think that it fair enough to get mad at her. I sigh, deciding that I shouldn’t think about her. It will make my condition worse if I keep thinking about her.

 

“It’s cold now, I think you should go back to your room Eunjung.” I nod my head then follow Soyeon unnie to my room, she helps me lay on the bed before walking out to check other patients condition. I close my eyes, relax myself deciding to take some rest.

 

Suddenly, I hear someone is knocking the door. I think it’s Soyeon unnie, maybe she forgets something, but I’m wrong when I see the person. A frown automatically forms on my face, I slowly sit up then cross my arms wondering how she knows that I’m here.

 

“Why don’t you tell me that you get sick?  I’m so worry about you.” She says while hanging her head down, but I don’t give a damn to answer, I’m sulking! So I press the red button calling for Soyeon unnie, hope that she will drag this girl who is the reason of my illness away from my room.

 

“Yah, are you alright? Why you call the doctor?”  She asks with her panic face, walks closer to me, but I quickly lift my hand up as telling her not to come closer to me. A few minutes pass, Soyeon unnie rushes into my room. She frowns when she notices me and Jiyeon in this awkward situation before approaching me.

 

“What do you want Eunjung?”

 

“Can you please ask her out from my room?”

 

“Oh? So… she is the one who makes you get sick, right? That’s great.”

 

“What great?”

 

“Haven’t you heard that? The one who hurts you is the best one who can heal your pain too.”

 

“No!”

 

I frown, pout and throw a death glace at my doctor, but she laughs at my action. What the heck! Don’t tell me that she will leave me to stay with Jiyeon? “Don’t act like a kid Eunjung, talk to her then you will fine and can go back to work soon. Be a good girl, understand?” She then leaves the room without waiting for me to protest!

 

Yah! Damn you Park Soyeon! What a kind of doctor you are!?

 

I can only curse her in my heart before falling into this awkward situation with Jiyeon. I don’t know why she comes here and very doubt that how can she knows that I’m here? “I moved to Busan.” She suddenly speaks out that makes me raise my eyebrow slightly.

 

“What?” I’m confused, I don’t know what she is talking about. Jiyeon gradually approaches me, takes my hand to hold firmly, but I don’t mind to pull my hand back at all even I’m mad at her. “I moved to Busan because of my family business, I tried to find the way to contact you, but that time I was young and I only knew that your name is Eunjung.”

 

“Then, why didn’t you say goodbye to me before going?”

 

“Everything happened all of sudden, that day my parents picked me up from school then we went to Busan, I had no chance to tell you.”

 

Okay… at least she has her reason, but well… I’m still mad for no reason. What the heck is happening to me? Yeah, the rainy day that Jiyeon left me really made me lost and haunted me all the time. I think I need time to make up my mind, the problem isn’t Jiyeon anymore, but myself.

 

“Will you forgive me?” She asks softly, and it’s the first time that she looks straight into my eyes pleading for forgiveness. Hmm… this is new for me, usually she will avoid my eyes contact. “I’m not angry.”

 

“But you mad at me, don’t you? Your action tells me the different.”

 

“Do you really want me to get angry?”

 

“No!!”

 

She immediately cries out, and I chuckle at her action… it still fun when I like in the past. She then lifts up my hand to touch her face, her nose is nuzzling my hand and that makes my cheek burning.

 

“I miss you so badly Jungie.” She whispers softly, I notice that she is blushing furiously as well as me. It’s a bit awkward, maybe it’s because the little girl already grow up to be this pretty young lady. Slowly, my lips curl into a smile then I look straight into her eyes. “I miss you too Ji.”

 

As I expect… she avoid my eyes contact again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thanks to Jiyeon who always took care of me when I was sick, so I can go back to work this fast. I’m walking to Cafenne, I have to work all day to fulfill my working time for this month. I look at the sky, find that today weather is so good, hope it will be like this until I finish my work.

 

“Good morning.” I immediately jump when I hear someone whispers beside my ear, and the person is none other than my one and only stalker. “Yah! You scare me!” Seriously, if I don’t have this healthy heart, I will get heart attack then shock to death already.

 

She giggles at my reaction, but when I stare at her, am about to nag her, she quickly turns her face aside like usual. Seeing her like this makes me chuckle, why so cute? Then I realize that she is a college student, so why she is here?

 

“Aren’t you supposing to be at your college right now?”

 

“I don’t have class today. By the way, I… I…”

 

“What?”

 

“I want to give this to you.”

 

She then hands me a small lovely box, I take it and wonder what is inside. “What is it?” Raising my eyebrow slightly, I’m about to shake the box so I can guess what it is, but Jiyeon suddenly holds my wrist.

 

Tilting my head to one side, I notice that she is a bit panic. Okay… I’m confused with her action, I look at her hand and seem like she just realizes that she is holding my wrist tightly. “I-I’m sorry!” She quickly lets me go before hanging her head down, I guess that she is blushing, right?

 

“It’s okay Ji, you can make a skin ship with me. Anyway, we are friend, so that’s normal.” I calmly say, pat her head gently while chuckling at her adorable action, but it take me by surprise when she suddenly lifts up her face and kiss me… wait, KISS ME!?

 

I can feel her softness on my lips, her warm breath tickles my face, and I’m froze… DAMN IT! I’M FROZE!!! My eyes widen when I realize that she slowly my lips, kissing me awkwardly. Oh my god! I hate myself right now, I don’t know what should I do! Do I need to push her or let her kiss me as much as she wants?

 

Seriously… I think my stalker already changes to be a crazy fan.

 

 And then she parts our lips, steps backward with her redden face. I gaze at her without blinking my eyes, trying to call myself back to my sense. “Dose kiss is a normal skin ship that friends always do?” What? Kiss? Skin ship? Who on earth will skin ship with their friend by their lips? Why she ask me this silly question?

 

I shake my head as an answer, still shock because what happen just now. I blink my eyes rapidly when I feel them become dry. Jiyeon chuckles softly, reaching her hand to cup my face gently that makes me a bit startle.

 

“Yes, it’s not normal for friend, but normal for lover. As I have told you, I want to be your girlfriend Jungie.” She then pecks my cheek before pulling her hand back while I can only stand still like a stone.

 

“Yah, don’t you want to say something?” She anxiously asks after seeing me keep silence for a while, and it makes me fully come back to my sense. “Do I have to say something?” I ask her confusedly, I don’t know what she want me to say.

 

“Yes, you do.”

 

“But I have nothing to say.”

 

“Yah! You have to say something Jungie!”

 

“Er… what’s inside this box?” I awkwardly ask her then lift up the box that she gives me, I notice she puffs her cheek, pouts and folds her arms. Hmmm… seem like someone is sulking. “It’s cookies, I make it by myself. Can you eat it right now?” Raising my eyebrow slightly, I gaze into her eyes trying to find an answer why I need to eat it now, and again… she avoids my eyes contact by hanging her head down.

 

Does she still shy after kissing me?

 

“Why?” I ask her while opening the box, actually I don’t need to ask her at all. “I think your co-works will steal it if you decide to eat later like yesterday snack.” I nod my head as an answer, look at cookies in the box, choc chip cookies.

 

I take one from the box, look at it for a few seconds before eating it. Jiyeon looks so nervous, even she hangs her head down, she still secretly peeks at me waiting for my reaction about her cookie taste.

 

“Hmm… it’s quite sweet, but still delicious.”  I take another one, and Jiyeon breathe a sigh of relief. Suddenly, I recall that I have to work, I look at my wrist watch and find that I will late soon. “Crap! I will late soon, thanks for cookies Ji.” After thanking her, I quickly step my feet, walking to Cafenne as fast as possible.

 

When I step into Cafenne, everyone land their eyes on me so I get confused then I realize that Jiyeon is behind me. Okay… I think I know why my co-works look at me like that. “It’s my first kiss.” Jiyeon whisper quietly, and it takes all my attention.

 

“What?” I can’t believe in what I just hear, I’m her first kiss? Well… she is my first kiss too. “It’s my first kiss that I decide to give it to my first love, and you are my first love Jungie.” She says softly, I notice that she holds her hand tightly and her face quite red.

 

“I want you to be my first lover… and it will be great if you will be my last one too.” I feel my face is burning because of her word, it makes me feel tickle but at the same time feel good in some way that I don’t know.

 

“I… I… I’m hopelessly in love with you Jungie!” Suddenly, she shouts out loud that make everyone look at us then I notice she is breathing rapidly, her body is shaking slightly and sweating a lot. “Whoa? Are you okay?”

 

And before I can get an answer… she faints!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I’m busy in the kitchen, I don’t expect that morning shift will have a lot of customer like this. I walk back and forth, doing this and that managing to serve all the customers with my co-works. While I’m making a hot cacao, Boram unnie steps into the kitchen and looks at me.

 

“Your girlfriend already wakes up, you can take 5 minutes break Eunjung.”

 

“She’s not my girlfriend unnie.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, after she confessing to you in front of everyone… I really believe that kid.”

 

I roll my eyes in annoyance, but Boram unnie doesn’t care me even a bit, more over she kicks me out of the kitchen. I then notice Jiyeon is on phone with someone, I slowly approach her. However, I have 5 minutes break, so I think I should check her condition before going back to work.

 

When Jiyeon notices my presence, she quickly hangs up her call then looks at me nervously. I don’t know why she looks at me like that, I decide to give her a small smile and sit beside her. “Feel better?” I ask softly, gently tuck her hair behind her ear, and she immediately hangs her head down.

 

“Y-yeah, thanks.” Her voice cracks a bit, she then hurry covers her face with both of her hands while blushing scarlet. Hmmm… so cute. I chuckle at her adorable action, relieve that at least she is fine right now.

 

“Okay, I think I should go back to work.” I stand up, am about to walk to the kitchen, but Jiyeon suddenly tugs my sleeve. Turing to face her, I raise my eyebrow slightly as asking what does she want. “Er…Jungie…” She murmurs softly, seems like she is nervous.

 

“What’s wrong Ji?” I look at her confusedly, is she sick or something? So I reach my hand to touch her forehead, it’s a bit hot. “Are you sick?” Anxiously ask, but she shakes her head slightly then pulls me to sit back beside her.

 

“Jungie, my mom asks that if you free tomorrow, can you have dinner with us? But if you not free, I…”

 

“I will go. What’s time?” I cut her off, chuckle softly, I don’t understand why she needs to be nervous like this, it’s just inviting me for a dinner. “Erh? Really?” She looks so surprise, I notice that a wide grin slowly forms on her lips.

 

“Yes, what’s time then?” I give her a small smile, and Jiyeon slightly blushes. “6 pm. But I will pick you up at 5 pm. Is it okay?” I nod my head then rise up my eyebrow a bit. “So… can I go back to work now?”

 

“Yes, thanks Jungie.” She says happily, but I shake my head at her. “No, I should be the one who says that. Thanks for inviting me cutie.” I reach my hand to pinch her chubby cheek lightly, and it cause Jiyeon to grin widely, her eyes become half moon shape.

 

Wow… I haven’t noticed that she has this lovely eye smile.

 

“By the way, do you want to order something miss?” I ask her politely when I realize that she still be my customer. “Yes, iced americano please.” I then note her order on the paper before smiling at her once again. “Anything else?”

 

“Can I order Hahm Eunjung?”

 

What…?

 

I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to figure out what is she talking about. After a few seconds, my ears can hear her giggle, I feel like my face is a bit heating up when I realize what her word means. “I’m kidding Jungie. Nothing else, thank you.”

 

“Umm… okay, please wait for five minutes miss.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s already 10 pm. The sky is so dark and we close the café, then we all walk along the street to bus stop because Hyomin and Qri unnie decide to play game at my house and stay with me tonight. “Jungie… I feel like someone is staring at us.” Hyomin whisper softly with her panic face makes me laugh at her word.

 

So I turn back to look, find that my stalker quickly hide behind the pole and it makes me laugh louder. “Don’t worry Minnie, she is staring at me not you.” I pat her head gently, giving her a small smile. Hyomin reaches her hand to link our arms then pouts. “Someone is stalking you huh?”

 

Before I can answer her, I hear a loud noise from behind cause me turn my head to look. I see a small bin is rolling on the floor and I guess that the pretty girl who seems so mad is the one who kicks it. When she notices that I’m looking at her, she quickly lifts up her bag to cover her face then walk to hide behind the pole once again.

 

“Kind of.” I murmur softly, turn my attention back to my friend who is hugging my arm. Hyomin seems to notice nothing while Qri unnie is busy talking with someone on her phone. After a few minutes, we reach at the bus stop, Hyomin is busy talking with Qri unnie and I’m looking for a bus.

 

In the moment that I turn to look at Hyomin and Qri unnie, I see Jiyeon is smiling behind them. When she realizes that I notice her, she lifts up her hand to tuck her hair then looks aside, acting like nothing happen.

 

I chuckle slightly before dragging Hyomin and Qri unnie into the bus when it arrives. We pay the fare then walk to sit, Hyomin chooses to sit beside Qri unnie continuing their conversation while I sitting near the window behind them.

 

I look through the window, feeling the wind is playing with my face, it’s feel so relax. Suddenly, a tall man approaches me, hands me a pepero with a smile on his face. “Someone asks me to give this to you.” I take it from him confusedly while he walking to sit at the front seat.

 

I think for a while, wonder who is the one asks him to give this snack to me then I hear someone is clearing throat. Jiyeon is there, at the back seat, she holds pepero in her hand so I know that she is the one who give this to me.

 

Wait for a moment… how can she sit there, but I not notice her at first?

 

While I’m wondering how can Jiyeon walk pass me, Hyomin moves to sit beside me because Qri unnie is on her phone again. “Huh? Pepero? Can I eat that Jungie? I’m hungry.” She then pleads me with her lovely face, slightly shakes my arm like a kid.

 

“Yeah, yeah, just stop shaking me, you little naughty girl!” I nag her before handing her the pepero. Wasting no time, Hyomin eats it happily makes me chuckle at her childish action.

 

“Yah!!!” We all turn to look at the back seat when we hear someone yells loudly. Immediately, Jiyeon lifts her phone up then pretends to nag someone angrily on the line. Hmm… if I don’t misunderstand, I think she just startle.

 

“Jungie, isn’t she your girlfriend?” Hyomin whispers quietly, peeks at Jiyeon then looks at me. So, I sigh before knocking her head lightly. “Haven’t I told you that she isn’t my girlfriend huh?” I scowl at her, but she doesn’t seem to mind me at all.

 

“This gonna be fun.” She giggles while I’m rolling my eyes in annoyance. Why everyone seem to have fun when it comes to my girlfriend? Tsk! What’s funny? I don’t understand them. Why so enjoy teasing me about my lover?

 

A few minutes later, Hyomin moves to sit with Qri unnie again, sharing my pepero with her. I breathe a sigh of relief, hope that no one will call Qri unnie again, so Hyomin will stick with her and stop teasing me.

 

Wondering what Jiyeon’s doing, I turn to look at her and find that she is taking my picture by her phone. Okay, she is really a stalker… no, she is more like a crazy fan. I sigh then let my lips curl up into a small smile deciding to play with her, so I flash a wide grin on my face and lift up a V sign.

 

I can see she is smiling and giggling softly, but I have to stop my play when I notice that Hyomin and Qri unnie are throwing me weird glances. I feel heat crept up on my face immediately, so I quickly look aside avoiding their eyes. “What are you doing Jungie?”

 

“Er… nothing.” I say awkwardly, rest my elbow on the edge of window before hiding my face in my palm. I peek at my friends, they look at me for a few more seconds then turn their attention back to their conversation. I can hear a softly chuckle from back seat, and it makes me form a small smile on my lips.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Hmm... I feel this chapter is a bit boring lol. Sorry, I wrote it when I was sleepy. There are 3 more chapters before reaching the end, hope you all will enjoy it until last chapter. As always, thanks for supporting me! ^^

 

By the way, I don't know when I will update next chapter, I have to help my friend doing something, so I hope that my dear reader can wait for me. I promise that I won't abandon this fic and also another fics of mine. I will update as soon as possible. byong♥♥♥