Chapter 4

Will you be there?

Chapter 4

 

There have no word during the way to Jiyeon’s house, even I agree to have dinner with Park family, somehow I feel a bit nervous when I think about how Mrs. Prak will act toward me. I’m busy wondering how I can handle the situation, then I notice that Jiyeon keep stealing a glance at me with a small smile on her face. This girl seems to be happy while I’m having no idea what will happen when we reach her place.

 

“Stop glancing at me and focus on the road.” I notice her softly, don’t want to end up in the hospital with Jiyeon on the bed next to me. “I’m sorry.” She quickly turns to lock her eyes at the road, driving quietly. After a few minutes, I catch her stealing a glance at me again.

 

“Seriously, do you want something? You keep glancing at me all the time.” I ask, feeling uncomfortable with her stalker habit. I don’t hate when someone stealing a glance at me, but that doesn’t mean I like it too.

 

“Are you nervous Jungie?” A frown find its way to my face, she asks me instead of answer my question. “Isn’t it obvious? Of course, I’m nervous when I think that what is your mother reaction when she sees my face. You know... I and your mother share a terrible first impression.”

 

“But she is the one who invite you to the dinner.”

 

“Still, I don’t think that you mother will like me.”

 

It’s taking me by surprise when Jiyeon chuckles all of sudden. My brow aches as I have no idea why this girl suddenly smiles like that. “What?” “You speak like you will meet your lover parent. Do you start to interest in me Jungie?” She asks playfully, while I just notice that my word seems to like what Jiyeon say, and showing me her bright smile.

 

Normally I will say no to her, but I don’t know what is happening to me this time that I turn aside avoiding her eyes. Maybe I find her bright smile is so attractive, or that beautiful eye smile really hook me? Oh gosh! What am I thinking?! Damn it Eunjung! You shouldn’t let an idea to date someone come in your head. Even yourself you can’t handle well, how can you take care of someone else? Especially someone like Jiyeon, you have nothing compare to her!

 

That’s stupid Eunjung.

 

I shake my head slightly trying to kick my silly thought out of my head. I then notice that the car stop moving, Jiyeon turns to face me and smile. “We here.” She says softly, looking straight into my eyes. “Don’t worry, mom will like you.” Somehow, her gentle voice manages to calm me down. I think that I can trust her, or at least I think I am.

 

“Let’s get in to the house, okay?” I nod, step out of the car then follow Jiyeon who leads me into her house. We heading to the dining room, her house is so big and it amaze me. I guess that I will get lost in here if Jiyeon isn’t there, guide me all the way.

 

When we reach the place, I see Mrs. Park is on her phone and Mr. Park is giving Jiyeon a greet smile. “Welcome home Ji, and hello Eunjung.” He says with a kind smile on his face, I quickly bow at him. “Good evening Mr. Park and Mrs. Park.”

 

He chuckles softly, looking at my face like he is studying me. I don’t know what I should do, so I just give him a polite smile. “You have an angelic smile Eunjung, you should keep smiling. No wonder why you are my daughter crush.”

 

I raise my brow, wonder that how can Mr. Park say that I’m Jiyeon’s crush like a normal thing, I expect he will get mad at me because I’m a part of the reason that Jiyeon become gay. Talk about gay, how can Jiyeon knows that she is gay? I have no idea about that, maybe I should ask her later.

 

“Jungie?” I feel a light touch on my shoulder, find that Jiyeon is looking at me. “Sorry, I lost in my thought. What did you say?” She sigh softly, then drags me to the dining table. “I said let’s take a seat.” She whisper.

 

“It’s really nice to meet you Eunjung, Jiyeon keep telling us about you all the time.”

 

“Dad!”

 

“What? I just telling her the truth that you keep talking about her since you met her when you were a little kid.”

 

Wow… that must be a long time. She has a crush on me since we were kid?

 

Jiyeon tries to protest whatever that her father says while I quietly glancing at Mrs. Park, wondering what she is thinking at this moment that make her silence like this. Slowly, a small smile draw up on her lips.

 

“You have no idea how much my daughter like you for sure Eunjung. She really has a big crush on you.” Okay… now I’m so confuse with their word and action. This isn’t seem right, why they support Jiyeon about her feeling for me?

 

I can only manage to give them a weak laugh because my brain is busy thinking about what is actually happening at this moment. Why suddenly they turn to be understandable parents? As I remember, Mrs. Park almost committed murder when she knew that Jiyeon ran away because of me.

 

This is freaking me out!!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After dinner, Jiyeon bring me here, the playground where I first met her. She walks to sit on the swing, gradually swings it. “You are doubting that why my parent support me all of sudden, right?” Does she can read my mind? I nod my head, and she giggles.

 

“My family business is growing up very well, and my mom finds Yu family is the one who is behind all the mess that happen to our business. They ask Seungho to marry me because they will take this opportunity to take over.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“And all the thing must thanks to you who have stop her for pushing me to marry him. Then, they start liking you and support me.”

 

I sit on the swing beside her, but there still have another question in my mind. Slowly, I turn to look at Jiyeon who is enjoying the moment. “Ji, can I ask you something?” “You just did.” She teases me, giggling cutely. I sigh.

 

“The question is quite weird… I hope you don’t mind it.”

 

“It’s okay Jungie. What do you want to ask?”

 

“Er… h-how can you know that you are gay?”

 

As I expect, a blush suddenly creep up on her face. Jiyeon turns to stare at the ground, avoiding my curious gaze. “If you don’t want to answer, it’s okay.” I reach my hand to rub Jiyeon’s head gently before turning my attention to the night sky.

 

It’s a really weird question, I’m sure that she is feeling uneasy.

 

“I know it when I notice that I like to look at girl more than boy. I think girls are cute, kind, and emotion. I like to be around with girls, almost of my attention is on them. And then, I slowly have no feeling for boy, I don’t interest in them anymore.”

 

“Since when that you know it?”

 

“I’m not sure. Firstly, I think that I have a crush on you is just a puppy love that mean nothing, and when time pass and we depart… It suffer here, inside my heart. I enter a school in Busan, have many friends, but my attention always lands on girls who look like you.”

 

I don’t know what to say, so I decide to listen silently. “It doesn’t mean that I like to act like a boy, I admit that some of my habit is not girly, but I seriously like to be treated like a girl.” She explains, breathing out a long sigh as releasing something from inside of her.

 

“Jungie.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why you ask this?”

 

Jiyeon is right, why I want to ask her about gayly thing at the first place? I don’t know… maybe I’m just curious about it? Yes, I think I’m just curious and nothing more than that. “I just want to know Ji. I don’t have gay friend before… or at least I think I’m not have.”

 

“Do you feel uncomfortable that I have a crush on you?” She looks at me worryingly. I notice she also holds her breath, waiting for my answer with that hopeful eyes.

 

“Not really. I just feel odd, but it’s fine. I know the feeling is not easy to control or forget.”

 

I give her a sincere smile as I respect her feeling. Immediately, Jiyeon sigh softly, reaching her hand to hold my hand, and lift up a smile on her face. “Thank you Jungie.” Her smile draw up even wider, until her eyes turns to be half-moon shape.

 

Beautiful…

 

Without realizing myself, I hold my breath at this sight.

 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yah! Hahm Eunjung!”

 

I jump in startle after hearing Minnie yelling my name loudly behind my back. “What? You yelling for what?” “Oh thanks God. Finally, you come back to your sense!” I roll my eyes in annoyance because of her overacting.

 

“I have called you many times, but you keep ignoring me. I just ask how about your date with your girlfriend yesterday.”

 

“She is not my girlfriend Minnie, I tire to repeat you this all the times. So stop calling her my girlfriend.”

 

I frown. I’m so boring that she always teases me about my lover and calls Jiyeon as my girlfriend. Even Jiyeon has confess her feeling for me in front of everyone that’s not mean she is my girlfriend. I don’t like when people misunderstand me.

 

“Okay, fine. I won’t call her your girlfriend anymore, just stop stabbing me by your dreadful eyes.” She raises up both of her hand in defeat, pout like a little kid. “Tsk… I know you will do it again after this.”

 

“C’mon, at least you won’t hear it again until tomorrow. Doesn’t it satisfy you?” She shows me her sly smile, punching my shoulder playfully. “I hate you cunning girl.” “It’s okay, I still love you. By the way, what are you thinking that makes you lost in your thought?”

 

It’s Jiyeon, but I will never let Minnie knows about this.

 

“Nothing.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello guys, long time no see. I have been busy with my college so I can't manage to update this fic, really sorry. And now I'm here with my update hehehe, can you forgive me for my long lost? By the way, Happy new year my dear reader! This day is also my birthday, that's why I update. LOL. I hope you will enjoy this chapter, it's still have two more chapters after this. I will update it when have time, also I can't tell you how long that it will take. I love you all, and please wait for me~