Chapter 1

Will you be there?

Chapter 1

 

“Eunjung! Your girlfriend is here!” I almost get heart attack when Hyomin shout loudly behind me, I turn to look at her, showing my death glance before turning back to a cup of coffee in my hand, ignoring whoever that Hyomin talks about.

 

“Yah! Let me do this and go out to take care of your girlfriend!” She takes a cup of coffee from my hand, places it on the counter then pushes me out of the kitchen. I wonder why everyone calls that girl as my girlfriend, I don’t know her, even her name I don’t mind to know it.

 

“Are you crazy Minnie? I don’t have a girlfriend.” I pout, cross my arms as telling my friend that I’m not enjoy her joke even a bit. “Okay, okay, she isn’t your girlfriend… for now.” She pinches my cheek then quickly run into the kitchen before I can nag her.

 

“Aish, this girl.” I murmur softly, roll my eyes in annoyance then walk out from counter area. I see a girl, pretty girl that always comes here at 5 pm. I guess she is a rich one that can spend her money and time in this café every day.

 

I take paper and pen from my pocket while walking to her, my ears hear my co-work voice that keep teasing me for no reason about the girl that I will take her order. I just ignore them, flash a smile across my face then greet her politely. “Hello miss, are you ready to order something?”

 

I rise up my eyebrow slightly, notice that she is staring at me without blinking her eyes. I chuckle at her adorable action, but it seems too long to think about what she wants to order. “Miss, are you ready to order something?” I repeat my question once again, and she snaps back to earth.

 

Immediately, she lifts up a menu to cover her face. I don’t know why she do like that, so I just stand there waiting for her to order something.

 

“Er… iced americano please.”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“Nothing else, thank you.”

 

“Okay, I will serve you in five minutes.”

 

She slowly hands me a menu while hanging her head down, I take it from her politely and put my pen back into my pocket. She gradually faces me so I smile at her, but she turns aside all of sudden that makes me get confuse.

 

Is there any problem with my smile? I don’t know.

 

I just let my doubt go and walk back to the kitchen where Hyomin and Qri unnie are giggling together, put her order into the box then take a cup of coffee that Hyomin finish it for me to serve the customer. When I’m walking, I feel like someone is gazing at me. I turn to look and find that girl quickly hangs her head down to look at her tapping fingers, so she is the one who stare at me just now, right?

 

I shrug my shoulder at my thought, walk to the kitchen to make her iced americano. Hyomin is there, smiling evilly at me likes she has some naughty thought in her mind. “Where is Qri unnie?” I choose to ask first, knowing that she won’t let me ask if she is the one who starts the conversation.

 

“She go to comfort room, what about your girl?” I take a cup then start to make iced americano while Hyomin is back hugging me and resting her chin on my shoulder. It’s a bit uncomfortable, but I don’t mind it at all, she always acts likes this and I already use to it.

 

“My girl? I say it million times Minnie, she isn’t my girlfriend.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, but don’t you notice the way she looks at you? Her eyes sparkle every time she looks at you and also her face will blush scarlet every time that you and her make eyes contact.”

 

“So what? Maybe she is shy to stranger?”

 

“Stranger? Are you kidding me Jungie? She comes here every day likes she is a daughter of our boss or some of our family member. No way that she will shy because of us, but you Paboya!”

 

“You mean that she is interesting in me, right?”

 

“Yes! Do you like her? She is pretty, and I guess that she is very rich too.”

 

“No, and that’s not the point to choose someone as a lover Minnie. I don’t care about her appearance or money, and the most that you should know that I have no interest in her.”

 

“That’s means I won’t lose my best friend to that girl very soon, right?”

 

“Huh? Are you jealous?”

 

“No!”

 

She then bites my shoulder lightly before walking away, leaving me groan in pain. I rub my shoulder gently then turn my attention back to iced americano and finish my work with this cup. I walk out from the kitchen, notice that girl is looking through the window. Hmmm… seem like the weather isn’t good, maybe it will rain soon.

 

I quietly approach her, place an iced americano gently on her table. “Here, your iced americano.” Bowing my head politely, I smile at her and she just nods her head as an answer before looking at her tapping fingers like usual. I notice her bag, umbrella and mobile phone, she seems rich as Hyomin says.

 

“Please enjoy your drink, miss.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s 10 pm. We close our café, I bid goodbye to Hyomin and Qri unnie because our homes aren’t the same way. I slowly walk along the way to bus stop while keeping my eyes on the beautiful sky, it so peaceful at this time.

 

Suddenly, I hear a noise from behind that makes me quickly turn to look. I find that the same girl in the café moment ago is sitting behind a bin, maybe she drops something? I don’t know, so I start walking again.

 

I walk for five minutes, notice that the girl still follows me all the way, feeling that she stares at me. Does she want to eat me alive or what? As long as I know, I never make any trouble with that girl, and also don’t know her, but why she keeps following me?

 

And then I just recall that my friends always tell me that I’m popular, I haven’t believed in their word, but I guess maybe they are right because I have no idea why she stalks me like this. So I stop walking and turn to face her, she slightly jumps like she is startled.

 

“Why you keep stalking me?”

 

“Mwo? I’m not!!”

 

“Do you think that I’m a fool? You always there behind me every time I turn back, if you’re not stalking me then what are you doing all the time?”

 

“I just… er…”

 

“Just what?”

 

“I just want to be your girlfriend!”

 

“That’s funny. Hahaha… go home then sleep and dream for it, bye!”

 

“Yah! I’m not kidding!!”

 

She shouts at me, but I ignore her. I just keep walking until reach the bus stop, and she still follows me here. Aish, I really don’t know what she wants from me, I think she is crazy or something like that. Who on earth will ask someone that don’t know each other to be a lover? That’s really silly.

 

“I have car, I can send you home.” She suddenly speak out that make me surprise, well… maybe Hyomin is right, her eyes are sparkling a bit when she looks at me. “Thanks, but no need. I can go home by myself, and now is so late for a teenager like you to be here. Why don’t you just walk to your car and go home?”

 

I don’t want her answer so I turn my attention back to the road waiting for a bus. Three minutes pass, she still there beside me, pouts and folds her arms. I know that she always come to Cafenne, but I just know that the reason is really me like my friend always say.

 

“Why don’t you go home yet?” I decide to ask, notice that her lips slowly curl into a small smile. “You care about me, right?” Her question makes me chuckle, what a silly girl. “No.” I say with my poker face. Why I need to care about her? We don’t know each other, and also I don’t want to know.

 

“Heartless!” She yells at me, then stomps her feet madly like a spoil baby who wants her toy, but can’t get it. I just roll my eyes at her, feel like she is a five years old kid more than a college student. “Is she a baby?” I murmur softly while she still keeping stomping her feet and nagging nonstop.

 

Finally, the bus come… oh thanks god. Wasting no time, I quickly hop in the bus, pay the fare then find some seat. When I already threw myself on the seat, I close my eyes to take some rest during the way home.

 

Suddenly, I hear footstep that walk closer to me, following with someone take a seat beside me. I move my body a bit to make a space for that one, but when I open my eyes to see who the person is, my eyes widen automatically.

 

“Hi.” She greets me with her lovely voice, but that’s not the point. The point is why this pretty girl takes a seat in this bus beside me instead of drive her car back to her house. Moreover, why she has to grip her skirt tightly likes she is in the principal’s office.

 

Seriously, what the heck with this girl!?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Now, I’m in front of my house. It’s raining so I have no choice other than let the girl come into my house, she seems very happy in this situation. When we step into the house, she looks around like a little kid and I walk to my room to take towels to dry us.

 

“Here.” I hand a towel to her while using another one to dry my hair, throwing myself on the couch then closing my eyes. I’m so sleepy right now, work always makes me lose a lot of energy. I hear a giggle, guess that it’s from the girl who just sit down next to me.

 

Pulling a towel out from my head, I turn to face her, but she suddenly stops giggling and looks aside. Okay, she blushes scarlet like Hyomin says sometime. “Let’s talk, why you follow me?” I ask with calm voice even I’m so doubt about her presence right now.

 

“As I have told you, I want to be your girlfriend.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do I need to have a reason?”

 

“Yes, you can’t want to be someone’s girlfriend without a reason.”

 

“Why? I just want to be your girlfriend. I love you at first sight that’s why I keep stalking you like this. I don’t have reason why I like you this much, I just know that you are my crush. I don’t know when this feeling start, but when I notice it, it’s too late to stop my feeling for you.”

 

I feel like my cheek is heating up, maybe no one confesses to me like this. Without realizing, I avoid her eyes contact, lift up a towel to cover my head and start drying again. “That sounds like a daydream.” I murmur softly, wondering that why people fall for someone this easy.

 

Why she love me? I have nothing while she having everything, this is nonsense.

 

“Can I stay with you tonight?” Her request takes all my attention, I quickly turn to her and find that she is staring at her fingers on her lap, her face quite red likes she is shy. “What? Why you want to stay overnight?”

 

“I run away from home.” She whisper quietly that makes me almost can’t hear it. Just run away from home, why she needs to act like a big deal? Er… wait, wait, what she says just now? Run away from home?  “What’s that?”

 

“I run away from home, so please let me stay overnight.”

 

“Hell No!! What!? You run away from home!? Aish! I bet that now your parents are finding you like crazy! Go home right now!!”

 

I grab her wrist and all her things, pull her up from my couch then drag her out from my house before locking the door. Then, I realize that it still raining and the girl beside me doesn’t mind to step her feet to wherever even a bit.

 

“So… where you will bring me? Do you know where my house is?” A cute smile forms on her lips playfully, I know that she is teasing me. “Don’t throw your trouble to me, I can’t handle more than I have right now.” I nag her, reach my hand to her bag and find her wallet.

 

“What are you doing?” She is confused by my action, but I don’t give a damn to explain it. And then I take her wallet out from her bag, her eyes suddenly widen before quickly grabbing it back from my hand.

 

“Yah! What are you trying to do?”

 

“I want to rob your money huh? Are you crazy!? Of course, I try to find your address and send you home!”

 

Okay… now I’m really piss off. Why she needs to act like a spoil baby?  I want to sleep, but she is the one who makes me have to say goodbye to my warm bed and send this baby home! What the heck! She ruins my normal routine already!

 

“Don’t do that! If I’m happy at home why I need to run away! Don’t you think about it even a bit huh?” She pouts, puffs her cheek and folds her arms becoming in fully spoil baby mode. “No! It’s not my problem, why I need to think about that? By the way, you are my trouble right now that’s why I have to send you back home!”

 

“I don’t want to go back home!”

 

“Why? Tell me a good reason then.”

 

“If I go home, my mom will force me to marry someone who I don’t know him!”

 

“What? Don’t fool me. This is year 2014, no one will force their child to marry someone.” That’s funny, don’t you have other excuse huh? Then, I chuckle at her slightly, but need to stop when I see her serious face. “It’s because of business.” She says tensely, looks at me likes she is in her own hell and really wants my help.

 

“Are you kidding?”

 

“Do I look like I’m kidding?”

 

I notice that her eyes slowly become teary, okay… I think that she tells me the truth. I shake my head lightly as an answer, I know that it’s a real hell if I need to marry someone who I don’t love or even know.

 

What should I do?

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

I hope you enjoy this, next chapter I will make it longer. I glad that I have many subscribers here and also votes that I don't know how it works. LOL. Thanks for reading :)