Front Line

MIND BANK

TITLE: FRONT LINE

 

“Mom, I don’t want to.” She said for the nth time. “Why do we have to do this? We’ve never been in contact for years.” She exclaimed, trying to convince her mom.

“I know and that is exactly the reason why they want us back on the front lines. We were gone for too long and I heard that things are getting out of hand.” her mom explained calmly. “Aren’t you happy that you’re going to see your old friends soon?” she said trying to cheer her daughter up.

‘They are not my friends’ she told herself. “My friends are here and I’m not leaving!” she’s trying to sound firm but her voice almost faltered. She then felt the air becoming chilly. She dropped her gaze, afraid to look in her mother’s eyes, her heart beating faster than usual. She can’t move.  It’s as if she was frozen in her spot. She instantly knew that trying to reason out will not work anymore. She will not argue with her mom if she is in this ‘state’. She ran and checked her mind on what will be her next move. First, she needs to calm her mom down. She opened to speak but was just cut off.

“You do know that I’m not giving you any options, right?” Her mom said this in a scary tone but what made her flinch is her mom’s eyes. They are totally different from what she used to see when she’s in this ‘state’. Usually her light brown glinting orbs will turn into jet black but now there is a red circling her iris.

“I-I know. I’m just t-tryi----” She answered while stuttering but was cut off by her mom’s words.

“Give up.” Her mom said in a mocking tone. Her mom smirked as she noticed that she drop her shoulders in defeat. Her mom closed her eyes and started breathing deeply. She took more time to regain her humanity.

‘Is it because of the ‘new’ eyes?’ She thought inwardly. As her mom opened her eyes again, she glared then rolled her eyes. She turned and headed for the door. She can sense her stares on her back. “Can’t I at least say goodbye to my friends?” She coldly said without looking at her.

“Of course you can, honey” Her mom said sweetly. “We will leave at midnight. Make sure you are home by then.”

‘I hate this! How can she talk so casual after that take over?’ She darted off their house heading to their school. “I hate this stupid and worthless war.”

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

i wrote this way way back.

and i also have an excerpt or like glimpses on parts but their not in order. like just readily made them for future use.

here's one.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

“Why are we moving out?” I asked mom.

“It’s an order.” She plainly said while sorting out her clothes.

“What’s the reason for kicking us out?” I asked again while trying to hide my irritation.

“Honey, I know it’s difficult for you but we can’t really do anything about it, can we?”

“I guess not. It’s the god damn supreme whatever leader’s order after all. Tss. I’m gonna talk to that old geezer. Now.”

“You sure? He maybe your grandfather but he is still the god damn supreme whatever leader of this clan. And you know that he turns into something when he is under the influence of that room. And I don’t want you to experience the most painful punishment there is.”

“Like Dad.”

“Dara.”

“Yeah, I know I’m sorry. I guess this is a goodbye then.”

“We’ll leave midnight tomorrow. If you have any unfinished business better take care of them.”

“And by business you mean those tard at school?”

“No foul words lady, you are an aristocrat.”

“Whatever. At least there is a good side on this ing kicked out thing.”

“Are they that bad?”

“Very. I’m off to school. I want to spend my remaining precious time with all of my best friends.”

“Take care. I love you.”

“Love you, too.”

 

~~~~~

Dara smiled as she remembered the supposed farewell to her oh so super close best friends on her previous school. She didn’t intend to do that to any of them but she ended up doing it anyway.

-flashback-

I usually get a ride from a family driver on the way to school but I chose to walk today. It’s my last day after all, might as well enjoy the place one last time. As I exited the main gate a thought suddenly struck me. ‘We’re being thrown out. Kicked out. Eviction from this awful house means freedom. A ing free to the dom. Mom, I know you value this family than it deserved to be but hell I am so gonna leave. Just what am I thinking when I sad I’ll reason out with that geezer.’

“I don’t wanna be stuck here like dad. He must’ve felt like this when he left.” I said aloud as I make my turn on the street towards school.

So here’s the thing. I came from a very influential family. We are known but no one knows us. You see the irony? I belong to a clan of freaks, yep you heard me right freaks, and since we’re freaks we never go public. The locals on our town just call us ‘them on the far end’. There are actually a lot of rumors about us like we are a family of criminals and the likes. Not saying we are not, at least not same with their definition of criminals. The locals know better than put their nose on our business. We’re funding this town you see.

So what I’m saying is my status here in school is not something you can brag about. I’m just one of the ordinary nerdy students. But we all know that nerd means target to the dominating group on the school. So there’s this certain group who grew fond of me when I accidentally bump on their leader.