Ch 4

Just Wanna Be With You

A sharp knock roused Taecyeon from his self wallowing. He looked up to see a tall man with long thin legs and bright puppy eyes. Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul was a great friend and confidant and always looked out for him. Even though he was a piano teacher at JYP Entertainment, they originally met in America. They were neighbors during middle and the beginning of high school. Taecyeon lost touch with the Thai-American but they reunited when his uncle brought Taecyeon in to start training. Nichkhun was already teaching piano and, as he was a few years older, had married one of the dance instructors. The man’s light voice had a tinge of worry to it as he entered the office, “What's got you so exasperated Mr. Junior CEO?”

Taecyeon leaned back in his large office chair and whined to his best friend, “Khun I think I ruined it.”

“Ruined what?” Nichkhun sat on the desk next to him.

“My chance to be with him.”

“You mean your mystery man from class?” Taecyeon nodded his head.

“What did you do?”

“I took him out to lunch after class yesterday to celebrate his graduation and end of the semester.”

“And?” Nichkhun pressed, “Did you confess or something?”

“No. The entire time he just sat there quietly. He barely touched his food and he glared at me most of the time.”

“Where did you go?” His expression was as perplexed as Taecyeon felt.

“Bellissimo.”

Khun wacked the younger upside the head.

“Yah, Khun what was that for?” He shouted in English as he rubbed the accosted spot.

“You idiot. You told me his apartment is no bigger than this office right? The poor man was probably embarrassed. You took him somewhere that costs more than the average person makes in a day for a friendly lunch. And you obviously paid for everything making him feel even worse.”

Taecyeon buried his face in his hands, “What do I do? He won’t answer any of my calls or texts.”

The older man sighed and patted him lightly on the back, “Go to his apartment. If he’s home, try to apologize. If he’s not, wait for him.”

“Isn’t that what they do in dramas?”

The pianist shrugged, “You got a better idea, lover boy?”

Taecyeon shook his head. Nichkhun then jumped off the desk and pushed the buff man to the door, “Then get going and don’t comeback until you apologize. I’ll have Fei clear your schedule.”

“Ye, hyung.”

*     *     *

Taecyeon sat in the apartment complex’s parking lot for what seemed like hours. When he left the company he had been all gung-ho about Nichkhun’s plan, but now that he was here he couldn’t even get out of the car. What if Minjun rejected him? What if he refused to see him anymore? Taecyeon took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Come on Ok Taecyeon. You can do this. With another deep breath, he opened his car door and made his way up to the man’s apartment.

Taecyeon knocked the moment he stood in front of the door so he did not lose his nerve. There was shuffling behind the door followed by the scrape of something dragging across the floor. “Who is it?” a soft voice called out.

Taecyeon gave a start, “Wooyoung? Is that you?”

“Taec-hyung? Hi!” The small boy must have been looking through the peep hole. “Are you here to see Appa?”

“Uh, yes. Can you go get him?”

“He’s in his music room. I’ll be right back!” There was a slight thud and the sound of shuffling feet. In less than three minutes the door was opened. Minjun stood in the opening blocking the way into the apartment. Junho and Wooyoung waved at him from behind their brother’s legs.

The composer crossed his arms and stared Taecyeon down with sharp eyes, “What do you want?”

He cast his eyes down sheepishly, “Minjun, I’m sorry about lunch yesterday. I did not mean anything by it or to make you feel bad. I just wanted to take you somewhere special to celebrate.”

Minjun scoffed, “So spending your family’s wealth like it is nothing is not a normal occurrence?”

Taecyeon shook his head adamantly, “No it’s not.”

“Then how are you such a frequent customer?”

“I go there for business meetings. Board members like to be treated to expensive restaurants as a way to sweeten their deals.”

Minjun’s voice was as cold as ice, “And what made you think I would be like that?”

“I-I-I just wanted to impress you. You are this amazing person who is able to create awesome music and still take care of your family. Whereas I am some rich boy whose only good at drawing pictures of an animal I don’t like and making business deals with men twice my age. I thought taking you out for lunch as friends would be good.”

A heavy sigh escape Minjun’s lips as he dropped his arms and relaxed his stance, “Taecyeon if you want to be my friend just be you.”

He shook his head again, “Myself is not that great of a person. I’m just a rich boy with no talent. My family even calls me a fashion terrorist.” He gave him a pleading glance, “Can we just start again?”

“No.” Taecyeon felt like he was kicked in the gut. “But I accept your apology.”

A highly relieved smile graced his face as he gathered Minjun into a tight hug, “Thank you.”

He did not let go until Minjun awkwardly tapped his shoulder. “What was that for?” He asked as Taecyeon released him.

“Sorry. I was afraid you would say we couldn’t be friends anymore.”

Minjun sighed again and pulled the slightly younger man through the door, “Come on.”

He was lead to the couch and Minjun moved to the kitchen to get something to drink. Once Taecyeon was seated Wooyoung launched himself at him. “Hi Taec-hyung!”

“Hello Wooyoung. Thank you for getting your Appa for me.”

The boy gave him a huge smile before clamoring down and dragging his smaller brother over, “This is my dongsaeng Junho. You did not meet last time because he was sick. Say hi Junho.”

Junho looked up at the really large man with a bit of apprehension and gripped his ever present penguin tightly as he greeted politely, “Hello, I am Junho.”

Taecyeon gave him his toothiest smile, “Hi Junho, I am Taec. Who’s your friend?”

“This is Nuneo. He’s my best friend after Woo-hyung.” He explained shyly.

Minjun came back with two glasses of water. He set them down on the side table before scooping up Junho and swinging the boy up in the air. Startled laughter filled the room as Junho squealed at Minjun’s actions. Wooyoung laughed and demanded he get a turn as well. Minjun obliged, plopping Junho on the couch next to Taecyeon and flipping the older boy up. Junho giggled and clapped his hands as he watched his brother fly in the air.

Taec watched in awe at the little family’s happy moment. It made him long for the days he would run around with his sister completely carefree. With both giggling boys safely back on the ground, Minjun sat himself on the couch with exaggerated groans, “You guys are getting too big for me to do that.”

They wore twin pouts as Wooyoung whined, “No we’re not Appa. You’re just getting old.”

Minjun rolled off the couch like a lumbering bear, “Yah!” That sent the boys squealing and running for their room. When the door shut, both adults broke into fits of laughter.

“They are full of energy aren’t they?” Taecyeon stated once he calmed down and took a sip of water. He handed Minjun the other glass who accepted with a smile as he sat back down.

“Yeah, they keep me going.” He smiled once more in the direction of the hallway before turning to Taecyeon with a serious expression. “So Mr. CEO-in-training, you want to be my friend?”

More than that but friends is good enough for now, he thought but answered, “Absolutely.”

“Then no more over the top methods of trying to be my friend. Just be yourself, got it?”

Taecyeon gave him a mocking salute, “Yessir!”

Minjun shoved him as they broke into another laughing fit.



A/N: Say hello to the man whose birthday this festival is dedicated to. Unfortunately I have used up my buffer for this story. I thought I had more time but I am moving this weekend so you might have to wait a week or two. I will try to be as fast as possible so don' disappear.

Comments please!