Ch 2

Just Wanna Be With You

Around mid afternoon the next day he sent a text to Minjun.

-Hi it’s Taecyeon. I have the notes. Where do you want to meet?-

-Could you come to my apartment? I can’t really leave-

-Sure-

Minjun sent him the address and Taecyeon practically skipped to his car. He was going to Minjun’s apartment less than a day after actually speaking to him and getting his number. But why couldn’t he leave his apartment? Oh right, he had two boys who called him appa. That means they are his sons. Meaning a woman was involved. But Taecyeon had never seen a wedding ring. Was he divorced or something? This would also mean he was straight. The only conclusion Taecyeon could come to was now he had absolutely no shot with Minjun and was destined to be friend lockered. He could handle that, he had to if he wanted to be near his crush, but it still hurt to think he did not even have a chance to be with the dreamy man. These thoughts plagued him all the way to the apartment.

Just as he was about to knock, he received another text.

-Sorry when you get here please text me. DO NOT KNOCK. The boys are taking a nap-

Taecyeon sent the message and stood nervously until that beautiful face came into view as the door opened. “Hey come on in.”

He followed Minjun into the apartment. The place seemed small but cozy. The living room had a two-seater couch and an arm chair against the wall near the door. By the television were a wood box with stickers all over it and a children’s table with two chairs. The kitchen was separated from the living room by a counter and short hallway lead to three closed doors. Was it odd to say he was jealous of the coziness of the place? His own apartment was large and could probably fit Minjun’s in the front room. When he first said he wanted to live on his own, his plan was to find a small place and pay for it using the money he earned over the years as a model for his family’s company. However his parents said if he did not take their money and buy a large apartment in an affluent neighborhood they would sentence him to be his sister’s personal model for every month he stayed on his own. As much as he loved his sister, Taec refused to subject himself to being her model again. So he ended up with his oversized, overly expensive empty apartment his parents insisted on paying for.

Minjun’s slightly accented voice interrupted his thoughts, “Do you want something to drink?”

“No I’m alright.” Minjun nodded and brought a notebook and his laptop over form the counter.

Taecyeon followed his every move. Even in a black tank top and red sweatpants, the man was gorgeous.

He noticed Taecyeon eyeing him, “Sorry about this. Junho’s been sick all morning and there is no way I could leave him alone.”

Taec almost sighed in relief he wasn’t caught almost undressing the man with his eyes. “My pleasure really. Here.” He hand the neatly written notes to Minjun.

“Do you need this back right away?”

“Nope all yours.”

Minjun furrowed his brow and Taec’s inner fanboy squealed at the cuteness. “You mean you copied your notes for me?”

“Actually that’s the original.” Lies, it was his third copy. All the others were illegible chicken scrawl. “I don’t need a copy.”

 “Why not?”

“Because I already knew what he was talking about.”

“But you know the professor is going to test us only everything the guest speakers said right?”

“What do you-”

“Appa! Appa!” The same bright voice from yesterday called out as a small body ran and jumped onto Minjun.

“Wooyoung, you know better than to interrupt someone while they are speaking.” Minjun scolded the boy.

Wooyoung puffed his cheeks out, “But you said to let you know the moment Junho woke up and Junho woke up.”

Minjun sighed before looking at Taec, “Could you give me a sec?”

“Take your time.” He watched as Minjun made his way to the farthest door down the hall. Taecyeon then felt a soft hand on his arm. He was startle to find a pair of bright eyes glaring at him. “Um, hi.”

“Who are you?”

“Uh, I’m a friend of your appa. My name is Taec. What’s your name?”

“I’m Kim Wooyoung. Do you like foxes?”

Taecyeon could see that it was very important for him to answer this correctly, “Of course I do. Especially their small eyes and pretty fur.”

Wooyoung’s eyes lit up as if he had been offer all the candy in the world. He quickly ran to the box next to the TV and brought back a bright yellow chick and Eddy, the fox from Pororo. Yes he knew the character’s name. His best friend’s son was obsessed with the show.

Wooyoung was in the middle of explaining the game he wanted to play when Minjun came back with a tired Junho on his hip. The little boy was holding tightly to a plush penguin toy. Wooyoung looked sad and immediately jumped up to see his brother. “Hi Junho,” he said very quietly. Junho whimpered and snuggled further against Minjun.

“Wooyoung can you play quietly by yourself for a little bit? I need to talk to Taecyeon, " Minjun asked as he sat and adjusted the sick boy onto his lap.

Wooyoung nodded, “Can I draw something?”

“As long as you keep everything on the table. No markers right now, only crayons.”

“M’kay.” The boy skipped over to the activity table and pulled out a plastic box from underneath. A small box of crayon and a few pieces of paper in hand, Wooyoung made himself comfortable at the table.

Taecyeon thought it was adorable how the boy listened without a fuss. He looked at Minjun who was shushing Junho. The kid looked so miserable. His curly dark brown hair was all sweaty and stuck out at all angles, and he shivered as if he was cold even in his fluffy pajamas. Taec rubbed the little boy’s back, “Poor guy.”

Minjun smiled sadly, “Yeah. If the fever doesn’t break by tomorrow, I’ll have to take him to the doctors.”

“Will you have to miss work?” He wanted to help any way he could.

Minjun just shook his head, “I work as a composer for an entertainment company. I have a pretty flexible schedule as long as I’m at the company a minimum of ten hours a week.”

I knew it! I knew he was a composer. But what company? Before he could ask Minjun continued to speak. “They’re the reason I am able to go to our university. As long as I compose exclusively for them for five years they gave me a scholarship.”
So much for asking him to come to Uncle’s company. I can’t even steal him away while he’s under that type of contract.

“What I was saying earlier is our professor is known for taking what he speakers say and putting them in the final exam. He looks for answers that are almost verbatim.” Taec panicked for a second. He never took any notes, relying on his own experiences to coast him through the class. Minjun noticed his worry, “You never took notes did you?” He shook his head. “What did you do while they spoke?”

Stared at you. “I just listened. Pretty much everything they talked about I’ve heard all my life from my family.”

Minjun looked at him over Junho’s head in confusion, “Really?”

Not wanting to brag, Taecyeon shrugged, “My family owns a fashion company and I am training to become a CEO.”

“Well if you want you can copy my notes.”

Before he could answer, Taecyeon’s phone rang. Junho whimpered at the loud noise, so he whispered ‘Sorry’ before moving to answer. “Yeoboseyo?”

His secretary, but in his opinion personal assistant, Fei spoke, “Sorry about this Taecyeon-ah, but you are needed at the company. An advertisement contract just went bad.”

He pinched the bridge of his nose, “Thanks noona, I’ll be there soon.”

“Okay. See you here.” She then hung up.

Taecyeon looked back at Minjun and his boys. Wooyoung had finished his drawing and was now trying to show Junho in attempt to make the smaller boy smile. It made him feel somewhat sad that he had to leave. Noticing the look on his face, Minjun put Junho down on the couch and came over, “Something wrong?”

“No, something just came up and I have to go. Can I take a look at your notes later?”

Minjun flashed him that beautiful smile, “Sure. I’ll bring them to class next week and you can copy them afterwards. I’m free most of the day.”

They walked to the door, “Thank you. I’ll see you next week then?”

“Yep.”

As Taecyeon walked to his car, his smile practically split his face.



A/N: Hope you are still with me. Please let me know what you think!