Chapter 5

What He Sees

A loud thud was heard followed by an annoyed groan. 

"Hey didn't you see me?" The girl berated. "Hello? Am I talking to the wall? What do you think you're doing? Don't you dare walk away without apologising." 

Ki Woong tried hurrying past the girl but she was faster. She grabbed his arm in a strong hold. Ki Woong avoided looking straight at her. He kept his head down mumbling his apologies to appease the girl. 

"Mister, are you alright? You look like you're scared. Are you scared of me by any chance?" The girl scoffed, an arrogant smirk playing on her lips. 

When the girl almost forced him to look her in the eye, Ki Woong shut his eyes tight and pushed her away from him. It's not as though he didn't have the strength from the beginning. He just refused to hurt her but right then, she had forced him to behave in that manner. 

Ki Woong managed another apology before running off. He could hear the girl shouting after him but he didn't as much as give a glance behind. He ran into a public toilet he found around the corner of the streets. He entered one of the cubicles and flopped onto the toilet cover. His breathing was still rapid, both from fear and him fleeing the scene. Ki Woong clasped his hands together in an attempt to stop them from trembling. 

"What is happening to me seriously." Ki Woong shut his eyes tight and almost crushed his own hands while tightening his grip. 

"What is wrong with me!" He banged the cubicle wall. His eyes were wild with rage. 

I try to avoid people. It doesn't work. A visit to the psychiatrist did nothing for me. All that medication and appointment was useless! I thought time would help fade away this cursed vision of mine but no. I was even discharged from work. Seriously! 

Ki Woong banged the wall again, his body trembling and his chest heaving. All of a sudden, his tears of desperation flowed uncontrollably. "Why, why is it me?" Ki Woong sniffled and rubbed his face. "Can nobody help me?" 

After a short pause, a voice was heard. 

"I can." 

Ki Woong was surprised to hear an answer. He looked up abruptly and saw a young boy standing in front of the unlocked cubicle he was in. Ki Woong definitely remembered closing the door but now, in front of him was a boy around the age of 10. The boy was wearing a red shirt with blue shorts and sandals. He looked like any ordinary child but something was off. Ki Woong narrowed his eyes in an attempt to understand but shortly after, bewilderment replaced his features. 

"You," Ki Woong lifted a trembling finger at the boy. "You don't have those white things floating above you!"

"And what makes you think everyone will have them?" The boy raised a brow while he put his hands behind him. "Now do you want my help or not?" 

Ki Woong was considering heavily. What if this boy was a ghost? What if the boy was misunderstanding his actual problem? 

Then, Ki Woong snapped out of his thoughts and sat upright. "You know what? What have I got to lose? How can you help me?" 

The boy smirked. "How about you follow me?"