Ilhoon

Sickwang

 There was a stifling amount of stuffed toys tucked around Eunkwang's pillow. The fevered idol swatted at them, trying to free enough air to get a breath in the overly hot room. “Ah, hyung. You're up.” Ilhoon's startling presence made Eunkwang jump. “What are you doing?”

 

Ilhoon was crouched next to his bed, staring distantly and holding a plush dinosaur. “Everyone is gone.” He said it as if it explained everything. Eunkwang ran his fingers through damp hair in an attempt to rack his brain. “Oh?” Ilhoon hummed happily into the green fuzz and stuffed the toy under Eunkwang's blankets.

 

“It's boring. You're boring when you're sick.” Eunkwang chuckled but it was laced with pure exhaustion. He tried his best to sit up and entertain the younger member but Ilhoon's thin hand stopped him. “Don't bother, you won't be much fun anyway.”

 

“Did you stick all these toys here?” Ilhoon said nothing as Eunkwang picked at the various animals and mystical creatures. There was even one of Sungjae that some fan had made. The leader wasn't sure how long it took to go through them, but the renowned wordsmith remained uncharacteristicly silent until Eunkwang had touched each one.

 

“Yeah I did. I was hoping you'd wake up and play with me, it's not much use though, with you in such a state.” Eunkwang managed a low, regretful “sorry” and let his eyes droop closed again.

 

“Do you feel better?” Eunkwang's eyes opened slowly to meet Ilhoon's worried ones. “Hm? Oh yeah... The sleeping may be boring but it really helps.” Ilhoon's gaze scanned the stuffed toys and he huffed impatiently at his hyung.

 

“I mean with the toys. Do they make you feel better?”

 

“The toys? I didn't even know they were there.”

 

“And now that you do?” Eunkwang hadn't given much thought to them past the initial suffocation and Ilhoon's boredom. It was kind of nice to be snuggled in but beyond that he wasn't sure either how they would make him feel better or how he should answer the expectant rapper.

 

“I guess so...” Ilhoon smiled a little with pride, as if he had gotten a much more affirmative answer. “Yeah yeah, I figured they would. My sister used to put her toys in my bed when I was sick. It always made me feel much better.”

 

Eunkwang's brother may have fretted over him a bit, but nothing more than getting him medicine or something to drink. The picture of a baby Joo carrying armloads of toys to a sick, whiny Ilhoon made Eunkwang feel better than the toys did.

 

“Thanks.” Ilhoon tapped his head softly and rearranged the toys into their original, much too overwhelming position. Eunkwang whined that he might drown in the fluff, but he left them regardless. Somehow he felt much better with the scratchy polyester stuffing in his nose.