The Call

Restart - Changmin
Meanwhile, you were wondering the paved streets with your car, wanting to get out of the city and just open up your car to feel the adrenaline rush in your blood. The city lights danced on the hood of your car while you stopped and passed through every intersection. Eventually, you followed the road outside of the city scape and up into the beautiful mountains where there you could think a little more. Guiding the car around the curves and turns in the road, your mind wondered to the events that just unfolded before you.
 
Watching Changmin look up from his menu to find a woman look at him, wave, wink and bite her lip as he smiled and bowed to her, with an occasional wave and his eyes following her to her seat, the tears and feelings came back to you while you tried to think of one time that night where he looked at you in that way.
Biting your lip, you tried to keep your swelling emotions inside of you but it wasn’t helping, the quivering of your bottom lip and the soft sighs that spilled from your lips weren’t helping either. Several attempts at trying to clear your eyes through rapid blinking just made more tears run down your cheeks.
 
The soft radio accompanied you in the background, your eyes followed the road up and around the curve that was approaching. Wiping away your tears gently, you tried to take a few deep breaths.
 
Seconds felt like minutes when something hit you hard on the side of your car, your head broke the window beside you and the wheel in front of you before your eyes slowly closed from the immense amount of pain that overwhelmed you.
 
-
 
Slowly changing into a t shirt and sweats he sat on the edge of his bed, looking at his phone. Knowing from previous fights that you would call when you forgave him, he kept his eyes glued to the dark screen silently wishing that it would light up with your name and number.
 
Laying back on the shared bed, he closed his eyes wishing that he could just have erased tonight and started all over again. The vibration of his phone caught his attention as he sat up and the phone slid onto his lap.
 
Grasping the phone in his shaking hands, he quickly picked it up seeing that it was from you.
 
”________, jagi is that you?” His voice called almost frantically.
 
"I’m sorry sir, I am a nurse at the Seoul Hospital an-" The nurse began to go through her speech.
 
"Did something happen to her?" Changmin was now standing up and pacing the bedroom at the sudden news.
 
"She has been in a horrible car accident. Both cars were destroyed and she is in surgery right now. Would you mind coming down and filling out some paperwork for her? Or do you have some of her family that I can call?" The nurse asked sweetly while Changmin tried to get a grasp on everything that just happened so quickly.
 
"No, I-I’ll be right there." Changmin finally said as he changed into some jeans and grabbed some shoes before riding the bus to the hospital.
 
Thoughts came and went as he moved with the bus, hanging onto one of the handles he swayed with the movements as he worried for you and wondered what condition you were in.