Getting to You

Restart - Changmin
Getting off at the right stop, he ran the rest of the way to the lighted hospital. The automated doors welcomed him in as they parted to the running man. Once inside, he looked around at the large hospital that he was in. Finding a nurses’ station he explained his situation as one of the nurses told him where to go.
 
Following their directions another nurse waited for him in front of two authorized doors.
 
"How is she?" He questioned, obviously breathless from the situation that he was pushed into.
 
"She hasn’t come back from the tests that they wanted to get on her." She tells him, "In the meantime, can I get you anything?" Shaking his head at her question, she walked away to the desk and came back with a clipboard.
 
"Take your time, once she is checked in I can show you to her room." The nurse added softly as Changmin took the pen and clipboard from her before trying to fill it out. Hours passed as he tried to finish all of the paperwork, handing it back in the nurse showed him the way to your ICU room.
 
Opening the door for him, he looked in the dark room with a soft light and the monitors from the machines that crowded around you. The doctor turned and saw Changmin.
 
"Hello, I am Doctor Yun" He introduced himself.
 
"Hi I’m Changmin, her boyfriend." Changmin glanced at the doctor but couldn’t keep his eyes off of your body that laid motionless on the bed.
 
"There are some things that you should know. She hasn’t woken up since the accident, she has a few head injuries so be prepared if she doesn’t remember you, she also has a broken wrist and a dislocated shoulder. Overall she came out of the crash fairly well." The doctor debriefed him quietly. "Keep it quiet for her, let us know if she wakes up" The doctor adds before leaving the room, the nurses hooked you up to the machines around you as Changmin just stood in shock.
 
"You can sit next to you and hold her hand if you would like" The nurse told him as he slowly made his way to your side.
 
Sitting down in the chair next to your bed, he laid his hand over yours, tears gathered in his eyes quickly as he looked at you in this fragile state, with only machines keeping you alive with tubes and bandages over your frail body.
 
”________-ssi?” He whispered softly as a single tear ran down his face. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have let you leave.”
 
Reaching up he gently brushed your skin as he saw the dried tear trails, tucking your hair behind your ear, he leaned up and kissed your cheek softly.
A few hours later you began to wake up to the soft morning light that bled in through the slatted windows. Looking around, you tried to get a grip on where you were, the beeping of machines tipped you off that you were in an accident, but something warm rested on your hand.
 
Rolling your head over, aching pain shot through your head as you saw a strange man laying partially on your bed, moving your hand away from his with your little strength, you placed it on your stomach. Seeing your other hand in a cast and sling, you closed your eyes trying to see if there isn’t anything else that was hurt. A throbbing in your head begged you to close your eyes as a little whine came from your lips due to the pain.
 
Before you could open your eyes again you heard a strange name being called from a deeper voice. Moving your eyes over to the strange man, you looked up at him as he hovered over you. Your heart started to pick up pace wanting to run out of the room and away from the stranger. Noticing the increase in beeping from your heart monitor, he shushed you gently.