Chapter 3

Warlocks

Why is he staring at me?

Kibum was oddly irritated by the look the tall man was giving him. The tall man was glaring at him like he was supposed to do something. Kibum raised his eybrow debating on turning away or keep up with the staring contest. Before he could even make up his mind any further his teacher smacked the ruler upside his head.

"Ouch", Kibum hissed as he rubbed the top of his head.

"That class is what happens when you day dream, instead of paying attention", the teacher spoke with a foreboding tone.

As the teacher walked away Kibum turned his head towards the window. As he looked to the bush where the cloaked man was he saw that he was not there.

He probably just wanted to see me get whacked upside my head with a ruler. Kibum smiled a bitter smile towards the thought of it turning his head to the board.


"Well Zhoumi ah...is he the one, did he see you?" asked the diva like male studying his fingernails, sitting on a log with his legs crossed. The two men were in a garden about a block away from the school.

"Yes, and can you please use honorifics when your talking to me, Key?" The taller male said sitting on the green crisp grass, he sat down taking a breather from running to and from the school. "I could..." thought the younger one suggestively only to turn into a fake innocent shrug,"but i don't want to."

"Aish, why did i have to be stuck here with you?"Zhoumi questioned as he motioned to the sky in a desperate cry for help. "I was just about to ask myself that question as well",Key mumbled loudly on purpose for the older to hear," but at least we agree that we hate each others guts."

"ha", Zhoumi chuckled rolling his eyes at the comment. The diva stood up and gave the tall man a helping hand. "So now what do we do?"asked the blond male. "We have to go tell Heechul and Leeteuk hyung that he saw me," Zhoumi said brushing off his pants heading out of the park. "Wait, hold up," Key stopped waving his pointer finger and putting his other hand on his hip," you mean to tell me we came all the way here just to spy on this boy?" Key looked at Zhoumi dumbfounded and clueless at the same time.

Zhoumi sighed while looking up at the sky. He turned around to see an irritated key.

"Not entirely. First, of all we had to send a message to him through his dreams to warn him.Second, i was suppose to put the amulet on that cloaked my body, because if he what they said he should be able to see pass it. Third, we have to make sure that he leaves the States safely with no trace of a scratch on him. Lastly, he must not know about us until both Heechul and Leeteuk hyung talk to him." He finished the sentence with a divaish snap before walking off.

Key was shocked and mute not only by the tall man's poor example of a snap but by all the task they had to do. "This all better be worth it, i haven't shopped in weeks, this is such a drag," the blond boy said trailing after the other.


 "Briiing, Briiing!" 

The bell signaled the end of class which got very "happy" words coming from every teenagers mouth even the teachers. Kibum gathered his stuff, putting his books and pens in his bookbag with as little life that he had left.

"Hey Kibum, next time watch a movie instead", the boy laughed as he bumped into Kibum knocking down all his stuff. Kibum just rolled his eyes mentally slapping himself for even glancing at the couple at the tree. He bent down to pick up his stuff, taking glances of people mocking him.  He picked up his stuff when he remembered the tall male behind the bush. 

"There was also a man out there behind the bushes watching too", Kibum said with an annoyed tone. "Wow, even your imaginary friend is erted too", the acne ridden boy said.  Kibum furrowed his brows. 

How come they did not see him but i did?

 He looked across the room, only to see his classmates looking at him like he was nuts.

Maybe, i am just seeing things? He quickly swung his bag over his left shoulder swiftly walking out the classroom trying not to deal with sniggering teenagers.

He walked down the hall ignoring all the arrogant stares coming from his peers. He liked the school, it was just everybody inside that gave him a hard time. Ever since he moved away from New Jersey to New York.He was always teased on his intelligence. His classmates saw him as a teachers pet, a nerd, in other cases a threat. He would be harrassed by his peers by what he dressed, what he ate, where he lived, everything. The teachers thought that he just needed to open up a little more. His parents thought that maybe he was not trying hard enough.

That's what everybody thought.

"Kibum", his english teacher walked really fast down the hall way with his satchel across his shoulder.

Kibum rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. He contemplated on if he should just keep walking but instead he held it in and turned around to hear what his teacher wanted to say.

"Kibum, i know what you are capable of", The teacher stated,"you may give this school 50%, but you have so much in you that is capable of doing more." Kibum sighed knowing where this was heading but still gave the teacher his undevoted attention.

"Maybe, at your new school in Korea, you will have more chances to show what your truley capable of",the teacher questioned with hope. "I will Mr. Green, thank you", Kibum said, tired of the same old speech.

"If you just try harder." or "you are not giving 100%, Kibum." He was frustrated with this school with everything. He tried to give 100% on everything he did but what he gets in return is, "it's wonderfull, but i don't think you were giving it your all."

Aish, why doesn't everybody just leave me alone.

He looked in Mr. Green's eyes giving him hints that he was done with the conversation. Somehow actually getting the hint Mr. Green opened his satchel searching for something inside. "Whenever you have the time, call me", Mr. Green said handing him his card. "Thanks Mr. Green." Kibum put the business card in his back pocket.

He walked out of the school physically tired but on the inside he was happy. He was finally moving away from this dreadful country. Where there was drugs, adultry, discrimination everything that could make the angels in heaven cry tears of sadness. He was going to a place where people were not going to look down on him for his intelligence. He was going to get away from all the constant drama.

Well...that's what he thought.


Authors note: I hope you guys like this chapter. It may seem dry but i swear we will get into the fantasy/romance stuff. All this is key for the story to live and breathe. Please comment. I do not care if it is good or bad, i luv criticism. It makes me a better writer.smiley Everybody stay healthy and be safe!