Chapter One

Warlocks

Thump, thump”

He could hear his heart beating rapidly. His feet aching and cut up from the amount of running and sharp rocks.

Why am I here? Where am I going?!

“Run Kibum, Run!”

That voice again…

Kibum was running through a field of long tall grass, bare foot. Every so often looking back at what he was running away from. The only thing he could see was a shadow ever so swiftly cut through the grass like a snake. Kibum tripped falling hard on the ground scraping his elbow and his chin. He could hear it coming closer, he picked himself up heading straight into the forest. Running through the forest pushing through the tree branches that bounced back and whipped his face. He could sense the shadow getting closer and closer. He ran behind the biggest tree tripping and crawling down on the dirt.

“Ha ha ha”, he was trying to catch his breath only to hold it back hearing a rustle behind a bush. Ever so slowly crouching down not to be seen only taking a peek. He saw it. The thing that has been chasing him sense this nightmare started. It wore a black cloak obstructing his view of the creatures face. He saw long black finger nails protruding through the sleeves of the cloak. They looked like they have been dipped in mud and blood giving it a red hue and dried in the sun.

The creature seemed to be searching for something…it seemed to be searching for him.

He was horrified and yet slightly, well just a pinch, interested in the creature. What did it want? and why him? He did not get the time to wonder as the voice inside of his head came back.

“Run Kibum, Run!”

Aish, get out of my head.

Instead of the voice disappearing it only got louder becoming an agonizing headache. He threw his arms up in the air covering his ears with his hands trying to block out the noise in his head.

“Run Kibum, it will kill you…RUN!”

The pain grew tremendously, he almost forgot what he was running away from…almost. Trying to gain some self control and not scream out loud he bit his lip hard drawing a thin line of blood from the corner of his mouth.

Please no more I can’t take it.

“STOP!!!!!!!!!!!”

He shrieked out loud. Soon enough the pain and the voice went away only to be left with silence. He peeked out through his left eye, slowly lifting his head up. He soon realized that he practically screamed with the creature still behind the tree.

Nice work Kibum you won the best-secretly-hiding-from-the-monster award.

He quickly checked if the monster was there only to see a that it nowhere in sight.

Did I scare it when I screamed?

He walked slowly looking side to side to see if the thing would come back. He walked to where the light from the sun through the leaves was shining. What the…?" Staring down at the leaves on the ground. Fascinated to see a five pointed star burned on the leaves. “Did it do this?” He bend down to get a closer look. It looked like it was there for hours.

Strange...I don't remember it being here. As he looked closely at it he felt like he saw it before somewhere. Where have I seen this?

He reached down touching the leaves.

I have seen this before but where?

Not a second too soon the pain came back but instead of that annoying foreshadowing voice it was pictures. Not just any pictures, pictures of rituals and voodoo.

His eyes became heavier and the last thing he saw was the five-pointed star.