Barging In

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee stared in disbelief at Cora, who threw a punch that landed on Mark’s stomach. “That was a graceful drop, bastard.”

 

Mark caught her hand before she could pull away. “You wanted to do it yourself. I figured you didn’t need me to sit. Guess I was wrong.” He said, throwing her hand away from him and looking to MinHee. “Look, we can say something in an interview or something. We could say that this was actually your friend’s apartment, and that you guys actually live elsewhere.”

 

MinHee shrugged and turned to Cora. “Does this mean that they’re going to flock us every time we leave the house, does it?” She signed, and Cora looked to Mark, who looked very unpleased with her. She asked him the question and he thought about it. “It depends on them, doesn’t it?” MinHee signed, and Cora shrugged.

 

“I mean, they might just leave you alone. We have an interview for this talk show at the end of the week, and I’m sure this will be a topic. I’ll tell them the truth, that you’re my sister, and that Cora has nothing to do with this. It was just a freak accident.” JB offered, sitting on the coffee table beside where MinHee was kneeling. “I don’t think-”

 

“I didn’t want people to know I was related to you for a reason, Jaebum.” MinHee signed, standing. “This whole thing shouldn’t have happened.”

 

Cora groaned. “Agreed. How am I supposed to dance at rehearsal tomorrow? I’m so screwed! The instructor is going to bench me for the rest of the semester.” She groaned again and cradled her ankle. 

 

“It’s not that bad.” Mark said, sitting on the couch beside Cora. “I mean, it’s just bruised, and a little sprained. It’s going to be fine by the end of the week.” He turned to MinHee. “Can you show me where you keep your first aid kit?” 

 

MinHee stood and lead Mark into Cora’s room. Even from where Cora sat, she could see the mounds of laundry sitting around her rooms. A bra lay in the floor at the foot of her bed. As Mark walked through the threshold of the door, his eyes fell on it, and a small smirk pulled at his lips. He didn’t say anything as he followed MinHee to the bathroom. Cora groaned and fell back onto the couch. “Today has been far too weird for my taste.” She said this in English, knowing that none of the boys could hear here. “First these losers, now a sprained ankle.”

 

Jackson let out a loud hoot. “Tell me about it. Saucy waitresses, cold shouldered cooks, and broken foot break dancing. It’s been a hell of a day.” He announced, in perfect, non-accented English. 

 

Cora’s eyes widened and she sat up, staring at Jackson, who smiled. “Wonderful.” She said this in German, positive he wouldn’t understand. “Jackson, I heard there were some dumplings in the kitchen. Mind getting me some?” She asked, forcing her best smile. Jackson raised an eyebrow and grinned before moving into the kitchen. 

 

Mark and MinHee reappeared at the corner of the room. Mark held in his hands a tan wrap and a white bottle. “Jr., could you wrap Cora’s foot with this?” He asked, throwing the wrap to his friend, who caught it and, nodding, moved around the couch. Mark moved towards the kitchen and started going through the cupboards.

 

Jr. dropped on the couch and lightly lifted Cora’s foot onto his lap. She winced when he set it down. “Sorry. I’m just going to…” He unwrapped the wrap and lifted Cora’s foot again. “Tell me if it’s too tight. 

 

Jackson leaned over the couch and placed a bowl with dumplings on Cora’s lap. He ruffled her hair before standing straight again. “A girl could get used to this, huh?” He joked, laying across the top of the couch and throwing an arm into the air, emphasizing his point. “One man bringing you food, another massaging your feet-”

 

“I’m not massaging her feet.” Jr. said quietly, as he focused on wrapping Cora’s foot. 

 

Jackson rolled his eyes and continued as he climbed off the couch and Mark appeared beside him. He dropped his hand on his friends shoulder. “And another bringing you pain killers for your ouchie.” 

 

Mark laughed and han

Please log in to read the full chapter