Let it Begin

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee groaned as she opened her eyes. Slowly, but surely, they opened and all she saw at first was bright, painful light. Her eyes took their time to focus, but when they did, they focused on an all too familiar face. His black hood was drawn over his head, giving his white blonde hair a brighter appeal, and he smiled down at her. “Welcome back to the land of the living.” He whispered.

 

MinHee looked around the room, and everything had a trail as she did so, duplicating itself as she moved her head. She felt dizzy. “It’s important that you keep your eyes open. I’ll call the nurse to bring you some food.” MinHee groaned and waved her hand to tell him no, but he nodded. “They said to alert them when you woke and that they’d bring you food. You haven’t eaten since yesterday, Minnie. You need food.”

 

She pointed to her wrist, tapping gently. “It’s three thirty.” Jinwoo declared, before moving to the door and poking his head out. He called to one of the nurses and told her she’d woken up before coming back inside and closing the door. “Your friend, Bambam, stopped by.” He laughed at this. “Came barreling in here, demanding who I was and who I thought I was helping you hide this from everyone. He seems like a good kid.” Minhee smiled and nodded her head. “He was here when they brought you out of surgery, but he had to leave to go to rehearsal. I guess he plans on coming back before the night is over.”

 

The nurse knocked on the door and Jinwoo pulled it open. She was a short woman, whose black hair was pulled back in a tight sock bun. “Hello.” She said, smiling. “I know you’re probably not hungry, but you need to get something in you. Besides, the pie is delicious.” She placed the tray on the side table and pulled it over so MinHee could reach it. “Press this button,” She pointed to a red button on the side of the bed. “If you need anything. And you,” She pointed to Jinwoo. “Don’t you dare stress her out, or get her all riled up. That’s the last thing we need.”

 

Jinwoo help up his hands in truce as she made her way out of the room, closing the door behind her. “She’s hot.” He grinned, and MinHee shook her head. She scooted to the side and patted the empty space. Jinwoo didn’t need to be asked twice. He walked to her side and climbed over the short barrier, laying beside her. “You’re starting to look far less pale.”

 

MinHee sighed and turned to the side, grabbing the plate of pie and pulling it onto her lap. She cut off a small piece and offered it to Jinwoo, who was searching for the remote control. He found it and bit the pie off the fork MinHee held while pressing the power button. “Oh ew, that’s disgusting. You better just give it to me to finish.” The two laughed and MinHee cut off a piece for herself. “You’re taking this whole surgery thing very well. I would have woken up and cried for my mother.” They laughed again and Jinwoo settled to look at her. He gave a small smile. “I’m really happy we got back in contact.You’re kind of awesome.” He said, wrapping an arm around her. She adjusted herself so she could lean into him and lay her head on his shoulder.



 

Cora stood in front of one of the mirrors in the studio. Her mother had sent the dress that day, and it was as gorgeous as the dresses she always sent were. The dress was thin material that dropped well below her feet, but when she walked, it blew around her and didn’t seem nearly as long. There was a cut out in the front that allowed her legs to be seen, and two straps. One strap went over her right shoulder like a normal strap, but the other shot from the right strap and wrapped around her neck on the left side. There was also a huge cut out on her right side, showing most of her stomach. She was grateful she’d gotten a tan.

 

Her mother had sent one for MinHee as well. It was a gorgeous black dress with a jewel neck and the entire back cut out. MinHee would have looked beautiful. Cora sighed and flicked a strand of hair away from her face. She’d had it professionally done that afternoon, and though it looked great with the dress, she decided she could have done the exact same for cheaper. It was nearing seven. She needed to get downstairs and go to get Jackson.

 

Grabbing her black clutch and pulling on her stiletto heels, she hurried out the door and down the hall, offering a fleeting hello to Reina, who was ushering her brother inside. The elevator was quick to get to her floor, and she was out on the sidewalk just as the driver pulled up. “Hello Ms. Matthews.” The man behind the wheel said, as he rolled down the window.

 

“Hey Smith.” She said, sliding into the back and giving him the address to Jackson’s dorm. “I’m going to have to run inside and get him.” Smith nodded his head and drove to the dorm, all the while Cora’s stomach churned. MinHee had never not been with her for one of the gala’s. It made her nervous to be at it alone. She wasn’t necessarily alone, but she wasn’t there with her best friend.

 

They made it to the dorm in no time, and cora slipped out of the car. She was quick to get inside of the building and into the elevator. She only vaguely remembered Jackson telling her previously that women weren’t allowed in the dorm, and she giggled to herself when the elevator doors opened and she walked out into the hall. Her heels clicked against the floor, and she was sure she wasn’t making a very good case for herself as she approached their door. She knocked, and could hear JB yelling that he’d be there in a moment.

 

When the door opened, JB stared at her in awe. “Wow. Where are you going?” He asked.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter