Birds of feather flock together

Please Don't

Back to Jinki’s pov

I watched Minho drive away through my window with a deep ache in my heart, this was my fault. And I still had dirty work to do; I had to break up with Hyunjun, but not right now. Right now I didn’t dare leave the apartment until Minho was back. I was almost tempted to phone Hyunjun and break up with him over the phone, but then I remembered he had asked me out twice in real life, and I should break up with him at least once in real life. Real life meaning face to face.

 

I called Junggi though, and told her to get her over here. It was a Saturday so she was more than happy to come over even though it was getting late, and her parents were happy to drive her. After she was off the line, I dialed my therapist.

 

‘Ah, Mr Lee, I didn’t expect you to be in touch so soon. Most people don’t even want to look at their therapist between appointments at first.’

 

I laughed nervously. ‘Yeah, about that. I’m not coming any more. I’m happy now. I’ve found happiness.’

 

The line went dead. Then the therapist cleared his voice. ‘Mr Lee, I worked out while talking to you the other day that the reason you hate your “best friend’s wife” so much is because your happiness is dependent on your best friend. It’s not healthy to depend your happiness on one person. I would advise you to keep coming.’

 

‘No, I’m not happy now because of my best friend. I’m happy because I love myself because I’ve finally gotten to the point I’ve wanted to be my whole life. I’m not hiding anything from my best friend anymore, and I feel really good about it.’

 

‘Mr Lee, you are still mentioning your best friend in regards to your happiness so I would strongly recommend you continue to attend-’

I hung up the phone as I heard a knock on the door. It had to be Junggi, Minho would have just walked in. He knew I was waiting for him. None the less I was the tiniest bit disappointed to see Junggi.

 

‘Hey!’ Junggi stuck out her arms to give me a warm hug. ‘My dad wanted me to let you know he wanted to come in and thank you for last night but he couldn’t find a parking spot outside so he had to just let me jump out the car and then leave.’

 

I laughed, ‘I’ll some how bring myself to forgive Papa Jung.’

 

‘So what’s up? Why the sudden call?’ Junggi asked. I closed the door behind her, urging her to go further into the apartment.

 

‘Minho knows!’

 

‘He knows? Everything?’ She screeched. I nodded, she screamed again, jumping up and down a little. ‘And?’

 

‘He doesn’t know how he feels, but he’s divorcing Subin - you’re the first person outside of me, him and possibly Subin now to know so you can’t tell - and he’s going to see how it goes! He’s attracted to me though!’

 

Junggi screamed. ‘This is so excited! My two oppas together! If you get married we’ll officially be family! Promise I’ll be the bridesmaid!’

 

I scoffed, ‘don’t get ahead of yourself, Honey,’ I ruffled her hair, ‘we’re not running off to elope, or even saying we’re dating, but we’re on the path, and that’s good enough for now.’

 

Junggi screamed again, hugging me tightly.

 

‘She’s already here? You don’t waste time telling your best friend do you?’ Minho said a little jealousy, walking back into the apartment. Junggi giggled. I hadn’t heard the door open, possibly because of Junggi’s screaming. Minho sank into the plush sofa, looking defeated and tired. He released his duffle bag carefully out of his bag. I moved it out of the way carefully before sitting to one side of him. Junggi took the other side.

 

‘Did you do it?’

 

‘Tell my wife we’re divorcing? Yeah I did.’ Minho said bitterly, he closed his eyes, and opened his arms, wrapping one around me, and one around Junggi, pulling both of us close like he would gain comfort through osmosis of love through skin contact.

 

I let my head rest against his chest. Junggi clung on to him with both arms and legs, looking like a koala.

 

A small smile appeared on Minho’s blank face. ‘Lets just pause here. The three of us. We could live here forever and never leave and face the harsh outside again.’

 

‘I have school on Monday,’ Junggi said.


We all laughed.



Triple update! Aha! Please review! <3