White Face

Please Don't

‘Wow, this great, you really have been hiding things from me, Jin,’ Minho had laughed when he returned from his shower. It seemed him showering had woken up Subin, because when he came back down she returned with him.

 

‘This is amazing, Oppppa,’ she had smiled in her annoyingly adorable way. I had nodded, and Junggi somehow sensing my discomfort had politely suggested the two of them leave so we could get the rest of everything cooked.

 

Yet again I was in debt to that lovable 14 year old.

 

When we were done we had so much cake there was no way Junggi was going to be able to carry it home and then carry it to school the next day, even if she took 100 trips, so I agreeded to take it straight to her school just before lunch time the next day.

 

Junggi’s school had massive gates around it. I rolled down the Happy Hours’ van’s window to lean out and press the intercom button.

 

‘Hello, what brings you to the school today?’ The intercom said.

 

‘Um, I’m bringing the cake for the bake sale.’

 

‘Can I have your name please?’

 

‘Lee Jinki,’ I said.

 

‘That’s great, thank you, the Dance Committee signed you on to the guest list for today. They’re waiting for you in the front playground, just follow the road up, and it’s on your right. Have a great day!’

 

‘Uh, you too.’ I responded dumbly as the gates opened up.

 

Just as she said, it was just a short drive up the road and to the right to the front playground. A hoard of teenage girls were waiting for me, I guess their teachers let them out of lessons early to set up the bake sale before lunch started. Strangely enough, Junggi was not with the hoard of girls. She was standing a few meters away, on her own, with a frown on her face. True to form, however, once I had stopped the van and open the door, she ran up to me with a smile on her face.

 

‘Oppa, did you manage to get everything in the van?’ She asked in her sweet tone.

 

I smiled, ‘yes, Sweetie,’ I climbed out of the car. The second my feet landed on the ground, I was swarmed by teens.

 

‘Oh, you’re Jungri’s Oppa? I didn’t realise she had such a handsome Oppa,’ one fourteen year old fluttered her eyelashes at me. I frowned because she had both messed up Junggi’s name, and was trying to hit on me.

 

‘Oh,’ was my only response as I pushed my way around to the back of the vehicle. I opened the doors, and allowed the teens to swarm into it and start lifting things out.

 

I suddenly felt like an idol, and I wasn’t enjoying it.

 

‘Junshi’s Oppa, how old are you?’ One of the girls shouted.

 

‘Too old for you!’ I shouted back, lifting one of the heavy profiterole towers out of the van. Luckily the teenage girls parted like the red sea so I could place the cake tower on the table. Unluckily the second I place it down they were all swarming again.

 

‘Joongi’s Oppa,’ one of the girls was tugging on my arms, I glanced down at her. ‘You’re soooo talented!’

 

‘Thanks,’ I responded coldly. Any girl who couldn’t even be bothered to learn that Junggi’s name was not Jungri, Junshi, or Joongi was not someone I had time for.

 

‘Junggi-ah!’ I said loudly, ignoring all the girls apart from her. Despite the fact she was meant to be in charge of the bake sale, she had been pushed to the edge of the swarm again. ‘Can’t you get your “lovely” friends to actually help me get the cake out of the van?’

 

Junggi paled.

 

‘Oh, don’t worry, we’ll help you Joongyeon’s Oppa!’ A gang of three or four girls dived into the van.

 

It seemed they weren’t even trying to get her name right. I pushed my way over to Junggi.

 

‘Hey,’ I said in a soft voice, placing a hand in her shoulder. ‘What’s up with your friends?’

 

Junggi looked up at me, she looked as uneasy as Minho sneaking out of the kitchen the day before.

 

‘Nothing’s up.’

 

I frowned, ‘how come none of them know your name?’

 

‘Ah, ha, ha, ha,’ Junggi laughed awkwardly, the smile didn’t make it to her eyes which were dead, and void of twinkle. ‘Inside joke.’

 

I wasn’t convinced, but before I could get another word out a group of girls charged up to me. ‘We got everything out your van, Opppppppa,’ one with a white face and a dark body pouted in a way I can only assume she thought was y. She had clearly overdone the bb cream which was why her face and body looked like most of a neapolitan ice cream. She was just missing the strawberry.

 

‘Junggi, do you want me to stick around for a bit?’

 

Junggi shook her head frantically. She seemed deeply on edge. ‘Please go now, I’ll see you some other time…. thank you.’ She said, showing none of her usual enthusiasm. She was nervously glancing towards the other girls.

 

‘Okay then...’ Every bone in my body told me to stay, but I was going to respect Junggi’s wishes. ‘I can’t pick you up today because it’s delivery day and I need to be at the bar early… but I’ll pick you up tomorrow and we can do something fun, okay little sis?’

 

Junggi nodded, giving me a smile that contained half of its normal happiness.

 

‘Bye, Oppa, thanks for coming.’ She hugged me briefly, and waved as I got back in the van. I drove out of the playground, and back into the road. There was definitely something fishy about the girls at Junggi’s school. I quickly hit the breaks of the car to glance back at Junggi.

 

She was surrounded by four or five girls, their mouths were moving frantically, and she looked on the verge of tears. I pushed myself further out of the window to look. Suddenly she looked in my direction, and the first tear slid down her cheek.

 

“Please go,” she mouthed to me. I shook my head. I couldn’t leave her like this! I knew something was up with those girls. “Please,” she mouthed again. She looked so desperate that I nodded, leaned back into the car, and wound up my window.


It felt wrong, but I left.

 

 



Brrr! It's cold today in England! 

Leave me a review telling me who your faveriot character is! <3 I think mine is either Junggi or Gwiboon aha <3