4.

That Bright Person

The school life was hectic. Especially that the annual marathon race was near. It was a dreaded thing, really. But then again it was one of the school's traditions so it was mandatory for all students to participate. First years were excluded as they were still new to certain things. 

But the second and third years weren't that lucky. The only ones who were able to get a pass were the ones who were deemed unfit physically. And to get that diagnosis was downright impossible. Unless you broke a limb or two... or were pregnant. Even if you are with a child, which was rare as a unicorn, you still had to be above five months. really. 

So now more than half of the students were practicing practically everyday to not fall behind and be in the last place. 

Because the last place had a punishment. 
Youngdo sighed. He didn't really have dire need to win this race but it seemed that lately kids stopped being scared of him. Which was bad on its own but there had to be certain es, who thought they could beat him. Of course the brunette beat them till they looked like they were to hell and back but it still angered him that they actually thought they could out power him. 

Him, Choi Youngdo.

So he concluded he had to win this thing and get his previous position as the King of Jeguk (technically Kim Tan was the King but it didn't matter, other kids thought Tan had become weak anyway).  

Youngdo could feel his temper rising at the mere thought about those stupid bastards but he tried to compose himself. 

  Keep calm, Choi Youngdo. You'll make those useless pieces of trash shiver in fear in no time. Once you win that race, you'll get yourself a new punching bag. Then NO ONE can underestimate you. Just think about the race...

The brunette could feel a menacing grin blooming on his lips. 

                       —|_|—|_|—

Myungsoo was in his bedroom, headphones on, trying to relax himself a bit. He glanced at the clock nervously. 

    19:30 

He'll be home any minute now. 

He thoughts drifted back to his parents, wondering what they were doing now. Since The Seungri Law firm was an established international lawfirm, it had a number of branches beside their company in Korea. So Mrs. and Mr. Jo both had to travel away from home a lot. And today was no exception. 
Myungsoo sighed. Days like these always made him hesitate coming home. 

Maybe I should've just went clubbing. 

It was already late for that as he heard the hurried steps of his maid directed towards his room. 

"Your brother has arrived, young master!" Her voice held both urgency and fear. Myungsoo almost chuckled at the situation. 

He calmly turned to the lady and gave her a relaxed smile, 

"Thank you for telling, ahjumma. You can go rest now. There are no more work left around, right? You must be tired."

The woman gave her a concerned look and opened to say something but must've thought against it. At the hesitating look on her face Myungsoo just smiled, a kind smile full of gratitude, and walked up to her. Putting a reassuring hand on her shoulders, he gazed down to look her in the eyes. 

"I'll be fine," he whispered slowly, "but tonight don't get out of your room if necessary and try not to go up to the second floor possible." 

The kind old woman just let out a smile 

"Be careful, Myungsoo-ah..." she spoke back in a soft tone and turned to leave. 

The raven-head was left alone in his room. The woman was kind, he thought. She had been working for the Jo family for 9 years now. During those times she was the one who took care of him when his parents were too busy with work. 

He sat on his chair, waiting for the upcoming storm. Not even a minute later Myungsoo heard the rhythmic sounds of footsteps approaching his room. 

The door burst open revealing a handsome young man with dangerous gleam in his eyes. 

Myungsoo automatically shot out if his seat, eyeing the male warily. 

"Hyung..."

Before he could even form a sentence, a hand shot out, hitting him square in the jaw. The boy stumbled back, almost loosing his footing at the impact. Myungsoo looked up at his brother, waiting for Jin's further actions. 
The other raven-head was angry. He was seething with anger and he didn't even know why.

"..you..bastard.."

The elder continued to hit him. He was drunk, Myungsoo could tell. He could tell the state his brother was very well. So he silently took his beatings, not even letting out a squeak as he fell to the ground. He tried to stay as quiet as possible when Jin started to kick him in the stomach. 

But he was startled as he felt the other straddle him, long fingers snaking around his neck and tightening their hold, bit by bit. But still he stayed quiet. 

With tears pouring down his face, he shakily brought up his hands and clasped it around the older's biceps before croaking out ,
"... Hyu-ung.. ple... plea..se.."

But then he felt something fall on his face. Something small, liquid and fragile. Through half-open eyes he could see his brother crying. Letting out a soft smile, with shaky hands he wiped the crystal tears away. The hands around his neck got even tighter. 

As if not wanting to let go. 

As if holding on to something, someone. The man on top of him was full out sobbing now,

"It's your fault! You make me do this!! It's always your fault!... You.."

As Jin's sobs got louder, his arms around the younger's neck loosened. 
The elder was flat out lying on Myungsoo, crying. The boy let out a thin smile, arms circling around his brother in a warm emrace. 

"It's alright... It's all alright, hyung."

and like that the two broken people cried their hearts out in pain, knowing full well that the pain was caused by the other. 

'Hurt me, brother. Break me.... and be happy'