6.

That Bright Person

 

As the tension rose to it's peak, the three men stood in a deafening silence, no one brave-enough to break it. Myungsoo silently cursed his careless self,

'! in great!! Of all people...' 

If it had been Bona, he would've easily stopped on any ideas, that would form in her head. Heck if it had been Bona, Myungsoo doubted she would actually check his neck and body for the marks. She was too energetic for her own good and seemed to be unable of sitting still for more than few minutes.

If it had been Kim Tan, Myungsoo would've just waved it off. Tan was never concerned about him anyway, the heir would probably blame it on Myungsoo's clumsiness. 

Had it been Cha Eunsang, the boy would just tell a bit of a lie and give him big puppy eyes. The last one just to seal the deal. That girl was content with just hearing the words than actually trying to know the truth. Especially when it came to Myungsoo. 

While the remaining person wasn't exactly a naive girl, Rachel knew when to not pry. After all, Myungsoo noted, she would be the only one who knew of the word "personal space" along with Chanyoung. 

While Rachel is smart, the two people standing before him were the worst possible choices. Chanyoung was smart and good at deductions, which meant he had to be careful about every word. And Youngdo was... Youngdo.

There was no possible explanation, really. 
His best-friend could read him like an open book. Myungsoo was a good actor but not to that extent. Besides, up till now, he had successfully delayed this confrontation so Myungsoo had no idea about the other's reaction. 

The thick silence was ruined by growl from Choi Youngdo

"What the is that?!?!" he rasped, glaring daggers at the raven-head. Gulping loudly, Myungsoo just pulled his neck up, stammering,

"N-Nothing! Just.. got into a brawl yesterday..." 

At the response, both intruders raised an eyebrow, not believing one bit. 

Chanyoung just then spoke softly, 

"That's a lie. We all know that. You may be bad at fighting but you can still get away without getting those. And those aren't the regular injuries either.." 

Myungsoo then put on his most believable annoyed face,

"I like it that you think highly of my self-preserving skills but I just got unlucky, okay? No big deal."

While the small conversation was going on, Choi Youngdo felt like smashing a desk or two. 

How dare Myugsoo lie about this? He was his best friend, did that not matter at all?!?

Just as he was about to storm out, the door opened revealing the two girls, Rachel and Bona. 

They both paused at the door, sensing the uneasiness that hung in the air. 

Myungsoo just plastered a fake smile, waving,

"Hey there! Are you guys done training?"

While Bona blabbered on about how hard it was, Rachel only gave a nod, while walking towards the couch to sit. 

Then her sharp eyes travelled from Chanyoung and Youngdo to Myungsoo. 

"What happened? Why does the class president and the grumpy cat here are looking like you just killed their puppy in front of them and made them eat it?"

Everyone winced at the graphic imagery. 

  Taken a bit off-guard, the black-haired male cursed Rachel inwardly. 

'Why couldn't she be like Lee Bona? Oblivious to everything beside herself and her boyfriend even if she has it spelled in front of her in neon signs...' he thought to himself, forlorn. 

Sighing, Myungsoo just smiled, flailing slightly, 

"What are you talking about? Youngdo always looks like that and Chanyoung is just a bit awkward, that's all~" 

As he said all those, the two in question continued to stay silent. 

Then the class president felt a warm hand take a hold of his wrists. Looking up he saw a concerned Bona silently urging him to say something. Plastering on a fake smile, he just shrugged,

"It's nothing, Bona-yah! I'm fine." he says, watching from the corner of his eyes just how desperate was Myungsoo to convince the girl.

"It's not a façade.." he whispered himself, "Myungsoo would tell if there's something major.... right?" 


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jin was casually looking through the documents, making sure to check every word, every detail. After all, being a hard-attituded perfectionist had it's flaws. 

Then he heard the secretary call him.
'What now?!?' he thought annoyed.

Sometimes he wondered how his father even worked with the 1/3 of the staff here. If he was the one in charge, he would've already fired the useless ones to make place for the new and competent workers. Sentiments were useless, especially in a law firm. 

Just then the tired voice of the woman rang through,
"Sir, there's a guest for you. Samuel Wu from the Pandora Corp."

The split second silence was frightening as Jin looked at the phone with a troubled expression. 

"Let him in."