Chapter 1

Stare

People are gullible, those who feels inferior that is. Is it so hard to throw what you grew up with, what you became accustomed to? Is it hard to go against what others are telling you? Who invented those life ranks anyway? In my opinion this society is so sick it makes me sick. A visible proof to that are these two people on my right. The roof top garden of this building is my favorite spot because only a few know about it. Recently though, the management must have thought (finally) that they have a great place for sightseeing. They built a cafe on the far end of the roof top making it a not-so-great place to be alone. A lot of people have been coming here lately and I know that I have to find a new place to where I can space out freely. My base camp was infiltrated by muggles. Tss.

 

“Yah! Who told you can sit beside me?! You are my servant and I am your master. People like you were born to serve us elites. Bear that in mind!” The irritating lady shouted to the poor little girl while grabbing her hair.

 

“Forgive me, my lady.” The kid stood up and immediately went behind the bench.

 

Seriously, right? The benches here were provided so that all can sit. Who gave her the right to prevent the girl from sitting? Pfff. Servant my . Poor girl. She was deprived of the freedom that she should be enjoying. Curse who ever started this .

 

I can’t stand the scene on my right so I decided to just go. I should find a new place that has a good night view as this one. I abruptly stand up causing me to feel sudden dizziness. My eyesight also suddenly became blurry so I sat again while massaging my temples and felt my phone vibrated. I’ve been neglecting socialization the whole day so I, again, ignored my phone. Kudos to whoever is calling, most persistent award goes to you. With a frown in my face, I fished out my phone from my pocket. I looked for the caller id but it seems that the effect awhile ago hasn’t gone yet so I answered without knowing who it was.

 

“My God! Finally! Dara-unnie since when did ditching became your habit? I’ve been looking for you everywhere only to discover you left school! Of all the times to ditch why now?! Get back here! NOW!” A fuming voice welcomed my sensitive ears. By the tone of Minzy’s voice I have a strong feeling I am in deep .

 

“Calm down. I’m actually on my way back. What’s the hurry though?” I answered casually while heading to the elevator.

 

“This is not the ing time to calm down! They are asking the whole school to assemble. I think a royal will visit. Get your back here. Fast! They are starting to check the attendance. Unnie I’m sure that your last offense isn’t completely out of disciplinary officer’s system.”

 

“I am on my way back, okay? And Minzy, you’re noisy today.” I said in amusement. I think this is her longest phone statement.

 

“Just so you know I am panicking here! Oh and don’t go by the front gates, securities are everywhere. I left the emergency exit door on the east wall unlocked, enter from there. They’ll jam the signals any minute now. I am hanging up. See you later.”

 

Why would they jam the signals? Just who is coming, huh? As soon as I got out of the building, I went at the back to the vast forest trees and started running. Another nice thing about my fave hang out is its just 15 minutes away from our school. I ran through the surrounding forest of our school, heading directly on the east side. Just like Minzy said I ditch classes, a lot. So she having a good soul and all, she found me an alternate route whenever the front gate is not available. This is weird. Since I entered the confines of the forest, I’ve been spotting quite a lot of eagles flying above the canopy of leaves. I actually like to walk around here as well. The century old trees around the school bring peace in me. Our school used to be a royal castle so I think the trees here are the most reliable witness to the history of this place. I just passed the big oak tree and I am now running in a small clearing. The exit door should be just trees away. I am now on the middle of the clearing when I heard a screech form an eagle flying above me. I have good sensitive ears and I can tell that from the bird’s screech that it is not an ordinary forest eagle. And my instinct is telling to run ing faster because I have a good feeling that the eagle is trained as surveillance. ! That screech may be a warning for security guards. Please, please, no complications. I run faster than ever that I think I just beat Bolt’s record. But not fast enough. . A guy wearing all black attire jumped off the tree and landed in front of me. I stopped and stood still. Deep , it is.

 

“Fancy seeing a student here. My lady, are you lost?” He asked in a playful tone. Alright, I think I can take this one. Good thing he’s just alone.

 

“I went out to look for the rumored treasure in here but I lost my way and I can’t find my way back.” I faked a sob giving me a good excuse to close my eyes.

 

“Now, now, please don’t cry. But my lady you see, from the way you run a while ago, I don’t think you are lost, are you?” His voice became chilly scary. . I have to act now.

 

I opened my eyes and I immediately stared directly at him. He was about to summon his other eye but too bad for him I already had mine. Before he can defend himself I successfully pushed my will to him, knocking him asleep. Because of the desperate state of my mind at the moment, the unfortunate guy will probably not wake for a whole day. I am just a kind citizen, you know. I just gave him a good rest.

 

“Enjoy your nap. Bye.” I said before running and finally caught sight of the door.

 

I checked the place before walking near the door. Clear. I opened it and carefully sneak inside. Alright. I innocently walked and blended with the students rushing to the assembly. My department’s line should be near the staircase of the main building. I headed there and saw Minzy beside the Corinthian pillar at the side of the building. She saw me before I reached her.

 

“There you are! Did you get in smoothly?” Relief is visible on her face.

 

“I’ll just tell you later. Let’s go.” We zigzagged through the students and went to our respective place.

 

The organizing staff asked the students to make way for the center, splitting the crowd into two. Because of the sudden arrangement I am now on the right side of the enormous staircase and I am the first on the line. Yep, I am at the very front. Gawd! What if the visitor stopped on my place and asks me about the school’s mission and vision?! Heol! I can’t even remember the whole name of our school. Relax, relax Dara. I’m sure they won’t kick you out if you weren’t able to answer the question, right? Just relax and stock knowledge! Problem is I am out of stock. Waah.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” Minzy pinched me on the side reminding me that she’s just at my back. Hah, what was I worried about? I got Minzy right here.

 

“Nothing. Saranghae, Minzy-ah!” I said sweetly while smiling at her.

 

“Creepy.” She simply said. Order was called. Looks like the visitors are here.

 

A convoy of expensive cars entered the front gate and a certain car stopped adjacent at the start of the red carpet at center. A big imposing dude went out of the passenger seat and opened the back door. The school administrators lined up at the side waiting for the visitor to come out. A guy wearing a black coat emerged from the car. I instantly thought that his silver hair was outrageous but when I noticed his eyes, I think it accentuated his violet eyes.

 

“A YG.” I whispered to myself. I can hear murmurs around me because seeing a YG is rare. I was looking intently at his eyes when all of a sudden our eyes met and I immediately look away. Heol! That surprised me. When I look again he was already talking to the school staffs. Another one went out the car and this one is wearing jeans and a jacket that has hood that he wears so low that you can’t see his face clearly. He was just standing bored waiting for them to finish. The silver haired dude shook hands with the school administrators and they are now headed towards the main building. They were just silently walking so I guess they are not the ‘sociable’ royal. The silver dude went passed me without stopping but the hooded guy slowed down and stops near me.

 

He looked at me and I saw his blue eyes. The moment our gaze met I felt binded. Why is he glaring at me? Who is he? Compared to the other guy, this one reeks of danger. I can’t move. His stare is enticing.

 

“Jiyong, let’s go.” Called the silver haired dude. When he looked away, the pressure was lifted off me. Who are they?