chapter 4

Just For A Week

"Just try to eat this~" you said and pouted after Yoonjae shook his head as a sign of refusing of the bibimbap that you cooked for dinner. He was refusing since bibimbap has vegetables in it which you knew that he dislikes it. You glanced at Youngjae who was eating and watching the two of you as you were trying to feed his kid with your food but he continuously shook his head.

 

"But Yoonjae doesn't want to eat that." He crossed his arms and looked away. "Does that mean Yoonjae doesn't want to eat noona's food?" You answered sadly as you looked down and slowly putting down the chopsticks that your hands were holding, trying your best to put up an act to convince him to eat. You felt that someone took the chopsticks out of your hands. As you lifted your head, you saw Youngjae trying to feed him. "Come on Yoonjae. Let's eat so you and noona will go to the playground tomorrow." He said and after a few blinks, you saw how Yoonjae started eating. "Oh.." the only word that went out from your mouth, surprised.

 

You glanced at Youngjae's plate and it was already empty then moved your head to look at both of them, he motioned you to start eating and you took your chopsticks as you made a small nod.

 

------

 

The room was already dark because it was night, and the dim light came from the small lampshade with blue fishes placed on the sidetable that made you chuckle a few minutes ago because Yoonjae told you a story on how he got it, after winning a raffle promo he persuaded his dad to join in. Slowly tucking Yoonjae into bed to have a comfortable sleep, he tugged your clothes and yawned, "Noona. Stay with Yoonjae." Your lips curved upward and sat down on his bed, looking at him softly. "Alright. Noona will." You replied, his hair slowly as you started to sing a sweet lullaby for him.

 

He glanced at you and flashed his cute smile as he listened to your soft voice. As time passes by, his eyes were starting to get heavy and he fell asleep. You chuckled quietly because of his cuteness as he hugged the teddy bear you handed to him awhile ago.

 

You checked your watch, it was already 10pm. You didn't notice the time because you were enjoying watching how the kid told his own little story and fell asleep, the way how his innocent eyes looked like. Carefully slipping away the room, trying not to wake up the kid, you suddenly yawned and cover your lips before making a sound. You saw Youngjae sipping his tea in the dining room from the stairs, you continued to walk to your room but you heard him calling your name.

 

You went to the dining room and sat across him, running your fingers to your lap as you looked at the sink with no signs of unwashed dishes, making you sigh-in-relief. Youngjae stared at you, making you feel goosebumps around your whole body and shivered slightly but you still managed not to show it. "Is Yoonjae sleeping?" He asked and you nodded in reply, he just nodded his head and continued to sip the tea inside the cup that he was holding. You can feel how the awkward silence is killing you, a little bit desperate to break it before it eats you up, he put out his hand slowly on the center part of the table, revealing your precious wallet that you've been looking for the other day. You stared at the wallet and blinked a couple of times, trying to sync in what's currently happening.

 

"Uhm. You left it the other day and.. this too." He took another sip of tea before he put his other hand to the center part of the table again, revealing your phone that you've been looking for too along with your wallet. "You left it the other day." You gulped quietly and felt that he was staring at you judgingly after he put down the empty teacup in front of him. You thought that you were the one who supposed to stare at him judgingly since he knew about everything that happened but you shook your thoughts in your mind as you remembered that your clothes weren't the same. "You even puke--" Feeling that your blood started to rush up to your face, you immediately bowed your head to say thank you and ran upstairs to get into your room, leaving Youngjae dumbfounded as he didn't get the chance to finish his sentence nor tell his explanation to you.

 

You plopped yourself onto the comfy bed and mumbled softly to yourself as you covered your face with a pillow, but you threw it to the headboard after a few minutes, staring blankly at the ceiling.

 

"Who the hell changed my clothes?"