chapter 1

Just For A Week

 

The cold breeze that made you shiver as it hit your fair skin and you shifted yourself while you were sleeping until you fell on the hard ground. Still had your eyes closed, you rubbed your that felt pain from the impact it had between the ground, cursing the ground as well.

 

You slowly rubbed your eyes to look around and held your head as you felt another slight pain. You also managed to open your eyes and felt shocked as you looked around, you found yourself on the ground, beside the park bench.

 

People looked at you in a judging way as they passed by, making you blink a couple of times and puff your cheeks slightly as you stood up to sit on the bench. You massaged your head with your fingers as you tried to remember what happened last night.

 

------

 

"Let's play." A guy asked as he looked at you, his eyes were challenging you so you looked back at him. "What game?" You asked plainly after you finished playing a game with your friend a while ago and she left in a hurry. 

 

"Tic tac toe." He said and smiled, you nodded as a reply and he fixed himself in front of you, preparing the board game. You took some white chips and he took the black ones. "The one who loses will drink a glass of soju. You already said yes so there's no turning back."

 

You shot him a look and scoffed in disbelief. You said yes to this guy for a simple game and he's telling you that the one who loses will drink soju. You weren't used to drinking soju but a small smile, more like a smirk appeared on your face. "Sure." You replied, and wanted to make sure that you'll win.

 

After two hours, your face was already tinted with a pink shade all over and you let out a soft hiccup, making you cover your mouth and glared at the guy. He already drank two bottles of soju since you won a lot of times yet he was still sitting in a straight position, meanwhile you just finished a bottle of it.

 

He stood up and took your hand but you immediately pulled your hand away and glared at him with a don't-touch-me-if-you-don't-want-to-die look. His eyes rolled away and managed to take you away out of the shop since you were starting to make a scene, such as singing loudly and people were looking at all of you, your voice even cracked as you tried to sing a high note. "Aish. This woman." The guy shook his head and muttered softly.

 

------

 

You shook your head and blushed out of embarrassment after you remembered everything and you even hit your head for accepting a stranger's offer. You sighed in relief as you were still alive in one piece and put your hand on your chest but then, your mouth went into an O shape. You weren't wearing the clothes you wore, but you were wearing someone's. You tried to remember how did you get here but you shook your head again. Your phone wasn't in your pockets nor anywhere or even money, heaving out a sigh. No choice, you decided to walk home.

 

You smiled slightly to yourself, trying to cheer up a bit and thought that you're walking home for exercise. After a few hours, you successfully got into your home, you plopped yourself on bed and smiled widely for your proud achievement. You rested for a bit and went to the bathroom to prepare yourself for your part time job.

 

As much as you wanted to work a part time job as a worker in a cafe is as much as the managers didn't accept your applications. Your friend was considerate enough to help you find a temporary job, you met with her and the two of you are in front of a house. "So what am I going to do with this job? You haven't told me and why on Earth are we here in front of a house?"

 

You started to bombard her with questions and she flashed a weird smile on her face as she pushed you to get near. "You'll know if you get in." You glanced at the door and you turned your head to look at her, but you see her figure from afar as she walked away. "Now what?" You rolled your eyes in annoyance and pushed the doorbell.

 

"Oh! Appa! She's here!" A small cute voice welcomed you as the door opened, you smiled at the little boy as he took your hand to come in. You still had no idea about your job but you know that it'll be just a week. "What's your name?" You asked and he smiled brightly as he replied back. "Yoonjae!" He made you sit on the couch and ran to a room, you blinked after he ran away and saw him walking back with a guy holding a cup, you smeller a scent of tea so you knew he was making tea.

 

Your eyes widened up a bit as you saw the guy's face. You even looked away for a moment to curse your friend secretly, he was the guy from last night who played the stupid game with you. You felt his presence together with his kid in front of you and heard that he cleared his throat to get your attention.

 

You glanced at him and smiled at Yoonjae. "So I guess you're the new babysitter, right?" You nodded unconsciously and the word babysitter echoed in your ears. You heard Yoonjae clapping his hands on happiness with mixed excitement as he jumped up and down on the couch. You chuckled softly because of his innocent cuteness but you suddenly shook your head after a moment of realization hit your head. "I think this is a misunderstanding.." you said and you saw how the kid's face fell.


"What do you mean?" The guy asked and you heaved out a sigh, trying to pretend that you didn't remember what actually happened last night. "Look, my friend helped me to find a temporary job and I didn't know that I'll be a babysitter for a week." You said and he looked at you as he listened.


"Does that mean, noona is leaving me?" Yoonjae said lowly and you can even hear that his voice cracked a little. You saw his eyes filled with tears that are about to roll on his cheeks so you groaned slightly as you pouted, you can't resist kids' charms. Heaving out the nth sigh and mouthed the word alright, he quickly ran close to you and jumped on your lap. It's your first meeting with him but it felt like you have a strong connection with him. You chuckled and ruffled his hair.


Hearing some claps, you looked at the guy. "Alright Yoonjae. Back to your room, me and noona have to talk about something important." You glanced at Yoonjae and he nodded as he quickly went back to his room.
The guy placed a cup of tea in front of you and still sitting on where he sat with Yoonjae a while ago. "The name is Yoo Youngjae." He introduced himself after he sipped some tea. You nodded slightly and introduced yourself back, "Kim ----------"


He folded his right leg to his other leg as he started to speak. "You need to know the things about Yoonjae as his babysitter. I have work starting 9am to 6pm. Now, I just want to make things clear that you won't be working, not only as a babysitter, as our maid too because there's no one to cook here and take care of Yoonjae since I'm not around. Don't worry about the payment, I'll double it. And I hope you won't mind if you live here, it'll be only for a week." Your jaw suddenly dropped when he highlighted the word not only and widened your eyes, the way he said everything was unbelievable.

 

He carefully watched your face as he waits for your reaction, his lips curved upward in amusement as you looked down and thought deeply about what's happening. You didn't notice that he quickly changed his expression into a stern one as you shot him a look. "Are you serious?" He nodded innocently and you heaved out another sigh, he reached out for his hand. You hesitantly took his hand and shook it as you muttered.  "Fine. Just for the kid."