chapter 3

Just For A Week

"Weeeeeeeeeeee!" Yoonjae screamed with his cute voice as he raised and waved both of his hands. He ran around the grocery store and you panicked as you follow him, worrying he might get lost. He randomly took items and brought it along with him. "Yoo Yoonjae~ Come to noona and don't run away from me~" You started to perspire and wiped your sweat on your forehead.

 

An hour ago, you kept on begging Yoonjae to behave, but you guessed he wasn't able to be out of their house that's why he feels so happy and excited. You even played tricks so you can catch Yoonjae but none of it was effective. Youngjae saw how you struggled and motioned you to get closer to him, "I'll hide behind a stall and you'll ask Yoonjae to play hide and seek with you. You'll run to the stall I'm hiding and I'll catch him, okay?" You nodded and started walking away to look for Yoonjae.

 

Puffing your cheeks as you looked around, you grinned as you saw a small figure from afar and sneakily walked closer. "Yoonjae-ah~ Noona wants to play hide and seek~ Find me, arasso?" He turned around and saw you, letting out a soft giggle and covered his eyes. "On the count of ten!" He started counting down as you obviously went to a place where he can easily spot you.

 

You sat down and rested for a bit, hearing Yoonjae who had finished his countdown. "Noona? Where are you? Come out! Come out wherever you are!" You watched him carefully and noticed that people were watching the hide and seek scene. "Aigoo. Parents and kids nowadays." An ahjumma said and shook her head as she chuckled and passed by infront of you which made you blush slightly. You looked around and turned to your right, shocked as the salesman was staring at you. You frowned and glared at him before you switched your hiding place, where Yoonjae can see you clearly. You ran to Youngjae's hiding place and hid behind him. "Here he is." You whispered and Yoonjae was walking around to look for you. As he got closer, Youngjae grabbed him and tickled his tummy, making him laugh hard. You watched them and laughed along, Yoonjae raised his imaginary white flag and Youngjae carefully carried him to put him inside the cart. You sighed in relief and chuckled as they tried to catch their breathe.

 

He was sitting inside the cart as you and Youngjae were pushing it. You looked around to look for food that should be inside the house like eggs, fruits, vegetables and more. You placed a box of dozen eggs and took an apple from a stall, showing it to Yoonjae. "Do you like apples?" you asked which made him smile brightly and give a nod. "Neh noona!"

 

Yoonjae tend to take some junk foods and put it inside the cart, so you snatch it away from him and wave your hand to say that it's not good for him. He even pouted and looked at you with his puppy eyes. You still shook your head and Youngjae handed a box of mango juice to him, so he won't cry. Yoonjae smiled and pecked his appa's cheek, "Thank you Appa!"

 

He smiled back at his kid and ruffled his hair while you were still busy picking fruits on the other side. Youngjae moved the cart closer to you and started to speak, "Don't pick too much fruits, it might get rotten." You were looking at some fruits and blinked as you didn't hear what he said, "Were you saying something?" But as you turned to him, you saw him playing with Yoonjae and you shrugged lightly.

 

You weren't that close to Youngjae and still embarrassed after what happened the other day. You still tried to talk to him and know about Yoonjae more. The kid is more important than yourself, you nodded firmly.

 

You stopped walking for a moment and looked at the two of them "Do the two of you eat lots of vegetables?" Their smiling faces fell into frowns and shook their heads together. Since you love eating healthy foods, you thought that you need to make a change for this two. You smiled at them as you walked to the vegetable section, leaving them dumbfounded and got no choice but to follow you.

 

With their jaws dropped almost close to the floor, you still keep on putting vegetables into the cart and smiled as you were done. You faced them and asked "Oh? What happened to your faces?" They just stared at you and you waved your hands to stop them because you feel uncomfortable with their stares.

 

You walked away to get more ingredients and both of them looked at each other, ended up chuckling and shaking their heads. Milk for Yoonjae, coffee and tea for Youngjae, you slowly put a sack of sugar, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, hot chocolate and more into the cart. They watched you carefully as you put the items into the cart.

 

"You shouldn't eat too much in fast food chains since it have lots of preservatives and calories." You said as you took a box of cereal and looked at the back of it to read some nutrition facts, nodding slightly and you put it in the cart.

 

The three of you strolled around and Youngjae put some food into the cart, finally done with grocery shopping. "Let's go now." Youngjae said and walked to the sweets section. Yoonjae started to point out sweets yet the two of you tried to ignore him as he begged for it. He even tried to catch Youngjae's attention but he just chose to continue walking, making the kid frown.

 

You left yourself behind and took a medium sized lollipop, catching up with them as the cashier started scanning the foods, one by one. Youngjae lifted Yoonjae carefully out of the cart and put him down, his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the lollipop that the cashier just scanned. Having a sharp eyesight, Yoonjae took the lollipop and jumped up and down in happiness.

 

"Yoonjae-ah." Youngjae called his son's name and he didn't hear it since he walked to you and gave a sweet peck on your cheek. You hugged him tight and smiled back as he showed his little white teeth beaming at you. Youngjae watched the two of you and smiled as he sees his little Yoonjae smiling.