Five

Idol Survival Camp

 

Jung Hyeri’s POV
 
“It’s 7 already? Damn, I better return to my dorm now."
After walking around the whole school all day, I realized that the building was way better than my previous one. To be able to attend here without paying anything, it must be an early Christmas gift from Santa Clause.
 
The small pathway that shone below the moonlight reminded me of the day Ahjusshi came up to me and gave me the ‘Idol Survival Camp’ brochure. Being an idol is my childhood dream, well, maybe not specifically an idol. But to sing, with my voice muffled by the boisterous cheering, that’s my dream. Away from home.. is also my other dream.
 
 

 

I opened the white door to my dorm and found two of my roommates already inside. YuRa was reading a thick English novel, and JiYoon’s sitting in front of a stack of textbooks.
“Hey guys.”
“Oh, you’re here,” came JiYoon’s short reply, and she went back to her books.
 
They're not avoiding me, are they? Trying not to think too much, I decided to take a bath remembering that I have to sleep soon. Each room has one bathroom we all have to share. The bathroom is pretty big. Oh well, I loved this school already.
 
After I finished with taking a bath, I tried to make some conversations with my two quiet roommates. Honestly, I don’t understand why they're awfully quiet.
 
“JiYoon,” I called her out.
“What is it?”
“Where did you go to school?”
“Here.”
“Eh, I mean-"
“How about you chat with YuRa,” she gave me a dismissed look and went back to her books.
“Wh- Oh, Okay..”
 
I turned to YuRa but she had this aura around her that clearly said she wanted to be left alone. HyeRi, at least you tried.
 

 

Author's POV
 
The annoying alarm noise broke the previous silence of the room, and before the second noise could break out, a hand reached out to the alarm and turned it off.
 
He looked at his two roommates.
“Wake up,” he said softly. No movement from the two giants who were tangled in their bed covers.
 
“Wake up,” he said with much more power. Geez, he’s starting to feel like they’re living corpse. Agitated, he pulled both of their bedcovers and yelled, “Wake up!”
 
“Don’t disturb my sleep. You take a shower first. Don’t disturb me 'till its my turn,” Kris mumbled with his face stuffed in his pillow.
“Mom, are you sick? Your voice sounded a little hoarse,” Chanyeol asked half-asleep. BaekHyun’s could only rolled his eyes.
 
The sunlight peeking through the curtains gave him an idea. He yanked the curtains open and immediately the room’s showered with unwanted light. The two giant zombies wriggled in their bed and shut their face with their pillows tighter. They both looked like worms, trying to save their lives while being burned by the fire, thought BaekHyun.
 
“What are you doing?! My skin should not be touched by the morning sun before I wake up,” Kris, the gigantic snow white, said with his face covered by his huge palm with his other hand rubbing his bedside table. He revealed a Calvin Klein sunglasses and immediately put them on.
 
“I didn’t know I had a window in my room,” Chanyeol’s hoarse voice struggled to came out of his dry throat.
 
"Whatever, I’m only doing it today,” Baekhyun’s said as he grabbed his P.E clothes and walked into the bathroom, leaving Kris and ChanYeol bolting out of their bed and fought for who’s going to use the bathroom after BaekHyun. P.E's their first period of their first day, there's no way they could be late.
 
 

 

 
“I don’t appreciate tardiness, but since this is your first day, I’m going to be lenient. But, the next time I see you late to my class, I will not hesitate to give you your deserved punishment,” Mr. Kwon, the P.E teacher, eyed his students with his dangerous pair of eyes.
“Okay, now we’re going to start with stretching. Follow my movement.”
Mr. Kwon did some stretching moves and everyone immediately followed in suit.
 
“Run ten laps around the field. Go, go, go!” He yelled as he blew his whistle and everyone looked at each other, dazed.
“I said run! What are you drooling at? Go!” He blew his whistle again.
 
After four laps, everyone started to slow down as their breath started to caught with them. At the eigth lap, most of the students were walking.
 
“Who told you to walk?! Run!” Mr. Kwon yelled from the other side of the field. Unwillingly, everyone took a deep breath and started to jog slowly. As they finished their tenth laps, people were laying on the field, panting.
 
“You’ve only run for ten laps and this is how it ends! What are you going to do when you become an idol? Stand up and make six lines in front of me! Now!”
 
Murmurs of groans and complaints can be heard all over the field, as everyone struggled to get to their feet.
“Five more laps! Go, go!”
 
 

 

BaekHyun’s POV
 
“My skin is so dry. I’m not joking! Feel them!” Kris whined as he grabbed ChanYeol’s hands and forced him to rub his arms. Chanyeol yanked his hand back, “Eww, I get it you skin’s dry. Stop complaining.”
 
We’re inside the cafeteria, which I could say, was pretty huge. And the food here was pretty awesome, not like those soggy dishes on regular school cafetarias.
 
I could see that everyone was seating with their friends. How about me? No, I’m stuck with these gigantic idiots whom I called my roommates. Only because KyungSoo and JongDae is on duty to wash the sheets.
 
“You’re not eating the meat, Baek?” ChanYeol who’s getting comfortable with me, started to talk informally, as he eyed my meat with his agape mouth.
“I’m going to eat it,” I said as I pick one and stuffed it inside my mouth.
 
“We deserve to eat a lot after that military exercise,” Chanyeol muttered as he devoured his meal.
 
 

 

B.I’S POV
 
“Kim HanBin.”
I heard Ms. Lee’s faint voice as I woke up.
 
“Kim HanBin, I hope this won’t ever happen again. Even though you’re in class A, it will be really easy to slip up and moved to B,” she said as she walked away. “I’m sorry, it won't happen again,” I replied as I bowed my head lightly.
 
"Okay let’s get back to question number 5. Can somebody answer this?”
 
I stared blankly at the maths questions scribbled on the white board. This is the only thing I disliked about the school. I thought we’d dance and sing all day, but it turned out we still need to study regular subjects. I quitely sighed.