Four

Idol Survival Camp

Kai's POV
“Why don’t you guys just let me punch that jerk back there?” I growled, thinking of the chance I missed to kick his .
“We’re in school, Kim JongIn. If you want to fight, you should do it in front of a police station,” Luhan sighed.
 
“Talking about police stations, have you guys chosen any song?” Sehun randomly asked.
“Police stations and our monthly assessment have nothing to do with each other, Sehun. And, we’re not going to tell you anything,” I said simply.
“Why?” He asked stupidly.
“Because it’s not allowed,” I answered shortly.
“Why?” Again, stupidly.
“You stu-" not yet finished with my words, Sehun turned to the other way and bowed 90 degrees.
 
“ANNYEONGHASEYO SUNBAENIM, OH SEHUN IMNIDA," he screamed. His shout spontaneously made me turned around too, just in time to catch 2 girls, and 1 guy with a very unfriendly looking face.
“ANNYEONGHASEYO, LAY IMNIDA.”
“ANNYEONGHASEYO, LUHAN IMNIDA.”
 
Then, I remembered the rules Ms. Lee told us, ‘You must bow 90 degrees and greet your seniors loudly.’
Huh, they must be our seniors then.
 
“Aren’t you going to bow to your seniors?” said the unfriendly looking guy. I just stared at him. I never really understand this seniority stuffs in Korea, but I definitely won’t bother with anyone who has nothing to do with my life.
 
“Don’t stare at me little boy,” he said, annoyed.
“Why? Do you want me to bow to you?” I asked in a teasing manner.
“You son of a ,” he growled before he grab the collar of my shirt and yanked me to him.
 
“KIM HYUN!”
This time the shout of a girl rang in my ears.
“You better let the guy go, you can’t just randomly fight with a new student,” said the other girl, calmly.
“Why? Because they’re more precious to the old man than I am?” The said guy was fuming in anger, his hands were still on my collar, and we’re having a staring competition as none of us wants to break the contact first.
“Let the guy go, Hyun! Stop it and let’s just go,” one of the girls hissed, not less fierce than this guy.
 
Hyun harshly let go of his grip, he actually threw me to the floor. Fortunately, I was able to balance myself and not crash with the ground.
“You better be careful with me next time. Let's see how good you are.”
He passed by me, not forgetting to bump my shoulder.
 
“You know the rules Kim JongIn, don’t be childish and ignore it next time,” said the girl as she rushed past me to follow Hyun. It's so amusing that the girl looked more intimidating than Hyun. “Sorry for the inconvenience, sunbaenim.”
I 'apologized' with a grin on my face.

 


 

Baek JiYoon’s POV
 
I have come to the point that I regretted entering this school. I’m now dead bored as there was no communication device that I could use. I’m sitting on a bench, under a beautiful huge tree at the back of the school.
 
“Baek JiYoon,” called someone from behind. I turned around to see who it was, “Oh. Ahjusshi.”
“Why are you still caling me ahjusshi? As your sunbaes have pointed out, you can call me anything,” he said with his warm smile.
“I prefer calling you ahjusshi, I’m used to it that way," I replied.
 
“Why are you here all alone? You haven’t make any friends yet?”
"Not yet, I’m hard to talk to. I’m sure I’ll have a hard time getting a friend."
 
“Do you like this place?” he asked.
“Yeah, so far this is the place I like best,” I said as I looked around myself, enjoying the calm atmosphere. “Well, as a wise and fair principal, I ban you from enjoying this place alone, understand?”
Shock and confusion must have written on my face as ahjusshi laughed at me and shoo-ed me out of the bench.
 
I stood there bewildered, but then I finally realized that he was just urging me to make some friends, in a weird way. I looked back at him and gave him a smile that showed him I’ll try. I bowed at him and started to walk away.

 


 
 
The corridor felt empty to me, I could only see a few students wandering around and the others were arranging their lockers.
 
From what I know, the first floor was where we all first came together, as well as the dining room. Then, the second floor was where our classrooms were. And the third floorwas filled with studios, and dance rooms. Meanwhile, the music rooms were located on the forth floor.
 
The girls' and the boys' dormitory were separated, which means there were three main buildings in this school area.
 
Without myself realizing, I’ve walked to the forth floor. I could see a signpost with ‘Music Room’ written on it, and around 10 different rooms in thia whole floorr. I walked up to the one nearest to me and looked around. It was a very nice and accommodated room.
 
Then, I decided to go back. The other rooms probably looked the same anyways. Just before I stepped down, I heard a scream came from one of the rooms. I hurriedly ran towards the source.
The door was slightly opened. That’s why I could hear their voices from the stairs. I pushed the door a bit more and found the owners of those voices.
 
Two girls with different hair colors were inside. Fortunately, they didn’t notice me by the door. One of the girls was laying down the floor, crying. I swallowed.
After a few more glances between the two, I recognize Lee YuRa, one of my roomates. She's standing in front of the other girl, staring at her emotionlessly.
 
“You’re ruining my future!” yelled the girl on the floor, with the red hair.
“I've had enough of you ruining my life and now you have to interfere with my future?!"
“You've ruined my life just because of your appearance but now you also want to ruin my future?!”
 
I was stoned. I’m not watching something I’m not supposed to meddle in, right? What is all this? Future? I’m not going to put my nose in their already-complicated-looking business. I slowly closed the door and walked away.

 


 

YuRa’s POV
 
“I need to talk to you,” SoRa said as she approached me. What did she want?
“I don’t have anything to say to youn” I spat. “Follow me,” she tried once more.
“That’s not going to happen, there’s no one here to help you anymore SoRa,” I replied as I walked away from her towards the 4th floor.
 
I could hear SoRa’s footsteps matched with mine as I climbed the stairs to the forth floor. I quickened my pace. I want to do nothing with her no more. Both us were here on this same school together and the last one standing, is going to be the winner. This was the only way for me to prove that I could beat her.
 
By the time I reached the said floor, I hurriedly ran to a random door, opened it and snapped it close. Too late, she slipped her foot in the gap and used her hand to slam the door open. I gave up and walked to the middle of the room. I guess I really need to explain to her about my lies.
 
“Explain to me. What did you say about this school, huh? Better than Serri High School?!”, she yelled.
Serri High School was her number one choice. It has an elite dormitory and it's an all-girls school. I told her that this school was much better and she changed her choice.
 
“Why? What’s wrong with this school? Are you scared that there would no one who’s going to befriend you? To help you?” I mocked her.
“Don’t you dare say that. You’re the one who’s afraid that mom and dad will throw you away like rotten garbage because you always lost to me," she sneered.
 
“No, you’re wrong. I’m not scared of that, I just want to prove to them that at least I don’t play dirty like you,” I growled as I remembered all the times she cheated and played foully.
 
“I hate you so much to the point that I want to crush every single bones in your body,” she said through her gritted teeth, I ould see she was fighting back her tears.
 
“If you hate me that much, then you shouldn’t have let mom adopt me in the first place.” At that, she dropped to her knees and let out a heart-wrenching sob.
 
“Why? Why do you have to enter my life and ruin it?” she wailed. “You can’t ask me that, I was just as young as you were.” I find myself trying so hard not to let the tears fall and wet my face. I hate this topic.
 
“You’re ruining my future! I've had enougj of you ruining my life and now you have to interfere with my future?!” she screamed in frustration, still on the floor. "You've ruined my life juat because of your appearance but now you also want to ruin my future?!" My expression's turned rigid.

“Cry all you want now, but you have to be ready for the first day of school tomorrow. Get up. You look pathetic,” I sharply said and walked away, leaving her cursing the hell out of me.