The guy

Popularity Scale

Kyungsoo slid into his wooden chair at his desk and opened up his laptop. He moved his finger down on the scanner and waited patiently for everything to boot up. His laptop was slow and he learned to deal with it; he was good at adapting. One time, Kyungsoo had accidently lost the portable WiFi port on a camping trip with his family and he was the only one who didn't almost go completely insane.

When the laptop finally booted up, Kyungsoo opened up Google Chrome and typed in NearChat. NearChat was this site that randomly set you up with a stranger in the area to talk to and coincidentally, the stranger Kyungsoo had been talking to was Kai. Kai was introduced to NearCheat during a time where he felt he needed to talk to someone other than the same people. The two had no clue that they were talking to each other.

Kai sat on his white leather loveseat in the foyer, his backpack leaning against one of the legs, and the walls were painted a beige color with numerous expensive paintings hanging. A short petite woman stood moping the floor with a black and white dress that reached past her knees, she was one of the house's personal maid and usually tended to Kai. Kai tapped his laptop and waited for it to say what he had been waiting for. A smile appeared on his face when he saw that KissMeandLoveMe entered the chat room.

Kyungsoo started to type, but Kai was the first to type. He wrote "Hi." and Kyungsoo answered back with "Hi, how are you?" The conversation continued for hours, Kai's maid eventually moving on to take his backpack, placing it in his room and then getting his pajama's ready, and Kyungsoo's parents went to bed.

Kai chuckled when Kyungsoo told him about his school, how everyone was forced to be the same and be forced to be friends with people. It sounded just like his school, in fact it was his school. Kai continued to listen to Kyungsoo's ranting and just smiled at it. Each time Kyungsoo sent something, it would be in paragraphs. Kai rested his left arm on the top of the chair and checked his battery level, it was almost dead. He typed a message then ran up the stairs for his charging cord.

The next day, Kai walked into his third class with a bored look on his face, he passed the love-struck Kyungsoo and sat down beside one of his friends. Kai pushed in his chair and set his backpack down beside him, he took out a pencil and waited patiently for the class to start. When the teacher entered the classroom, the entire class quieted down and let the teacher start his lesson. When it was over, Kyungsoo scurried out of the room while holding his books close to his chest. He rounded a corner and stopped in front of Baekhyun, who was currently putting away his books, he leaned against the locker next to his and sighed.

Baekhyun eyed him "You alright?"

"No."

Baekhyun pushed his books deeper into his locker then closed it with foot. He turned to the upset Kyungsoo and leaned on his left shoulder on his locker. "What's up?"

"Kai."

Baekhyun smirked "Oh, did his looks just get you hard or something-"

"Shut it, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest "So what is it about Kai?"

"I like him."

"And how is that a problem?"

"That is the problem, I can't stop liking him. I need to stop liking him, he is straight and plus the scale won't let us date. that damn scale, who even invited that anyway?!"

"The "Queen's" great grandmother, idiot." another voice answered. Kyungsoo turned his head and saw Ashely walked towards the two with a familiar person behind her.

A huge smile was on his face, his red hair combed neatly, and his eye balls almost popping out of their sockets. Baekhyun sighed and groaned. "Hi, Baekhyun." the boy greeted as he waved, his smile never breaking.

The boy was Park Chanyeol, a fellow rank two. He used to be a track star, but quit and forcefully lowered his ranking on the scale to be able to talk to Baekhyun. Everyone knew he liked him. Chanyeol was most times called the "Drug" because there were always rumors he did them twenty-four seven. No one had ever seen him frown or get mad, but it doesn't mean he never has. He was pissed when he was a third bar and he wasn't able to be with Baekhyun, so he almost punched a hole in his bedroom wall. He didn't have an anger problem, but Baekhyun brought the animal out in him.

"Hello, Chanyeol." Baekhyun said, hoping the latter would go away. It wasn't that he hated Chanyeol, he just didn't like Chanyeol the way he liked him. He admits that Chanyeol is attractive, but Baekhyun likes bad boys, so he says.

Much to Baekhyun's constant begging to Ashley behind the latter's back, Chanyeol never left, he sat by Baekhyun in the cafeteria as the group ate lunch. He sometimes got asked questions by the over protective Luhan, like if he would treat Baekhyun right or something embarrassing like that.

A couple minutes before the class ended, Kyungsoo's phone started to vibrate. He dug it out of his pocket and smiled at what was shown on the screen. Ashley eyed him "Who is it?"

"That guy."

Ashley smiled and scooted closer to Kyungsoo to read the message he sent "What are you doing right now?"

"Don't read it aloud!"

"Whatever." Ashley leaned away and took another sip of her milk. Kyungsoo typed a message back and almost squealed when the phone vibrated a minute later. "What did he say now?"

"He is eating lunch too!"

"Cool." 

Kyungsoo typed then waited for the phone to vibrate, it did so a few seconds later. Kyungsoo looked at the message and his smile vanished.

Ashley eyed him "What's wrong?"

"This isn't possible."

"What?" Ashley leaned in and read the message "I'm eating with my friends Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun."

Luhan perked up "Don't we have level four students here named that?"

"Dude, he is in the school. What if he is stalking you or something."

Ashley kicked Baekhyun from under the table and looked at Kyungsoo "He has to be a level four then, if he is hanging out with those two muscled beasts."

Kyungsoo sighed "I figured that."

"Text him back." Ashley said.

"Why, we won't be able to-"

"Hey, if he is eating lunch right now and so are we, wouldn't he be in the cafeteria like us? Where do the level four's sit?"

"They sit outside at the picnic tables." Luhan answered.

Ashley rose and pulled Kyungsoo up. Kyungsoo gave her his wide eyed look "What are you doing?"

"We are going to see who it is."

"I don't want to now."

"Who cares."

"Yeah, go, Kyungsoo. Get your man."

"Baekhyun-"

"I got mine so it's only fair." Chanyeol said as he put an arm over Baekhyun's shoulder, which resulted in Baekhyun giving him a glare.

"Go for it, Kyungsoo. Maybe you could be the Juliet and he can be the Romeo, get it? Wasn't that a good reference?!"

"Just go before Luhan starts making more references." Baekhyun added.

Ashley started to pull the reluctant Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo continued to say he wasn't going to go through with this, but he willingly let Ashley drag him outside where the picnic benches were. His phone vibrated numerous times, but he was to nervous to actually pick it up. When the two entered the area, Ashley was the first to find the two muscled beasts in the crowd, a blonde haired boy sat across from the two with his phone out. Ashley turned Kyungsoo around, so his back was to the blonde's.

"Ashley-"

"Oh my god."

"What?"

"Before I turn you, let me just say this. Your dream is about to come true."

"What dream?"

Ashley didn't answer and turned Kyungsoo around. Kyungsoo looked for Minho and Jonghyun among the crowd of fours and fives, when his eyes landed on Minho flexing for his girlfriend, he looked around the table and saw Jonghyun, who was giving Minho a look of disgust, then looked at the blonde boy sitting across from them. He immediately recognized him.

Kyungsoo shook his head "No."

Ashley smiled "Yep."

"It can't be."

"It is."

"No."

"Honey, Kai is the guy."

------------------------

K...bye!

1) Like this?