PART3

To Let You Go

PART3

 

“He left you in sadness, this shows that he is incapable of giving you happiness, but I can.” Youngsaeng held your hands and pulled you closer, giving you an embrace and you started sobbing in his arms.

 

“I didn’t know how I truly felt, until my heart starts to hurt because of him. If only I hadn’t grow fond of him, it wouldn’t have ended this way.” You felt really useless to be crying, especially when you have already promised yourself that you aren’t going to cry for him anymore.

 

Yes, definitely, Hyungjun isn’t worth your tears as he has treated you like a piece of trash in the first place. Your heart told you that you should stop.

 

“Leave him, be with me. Let me heal your broken heart.” Youngsaeng said gently as he patted lightly on your back to soothe your crying.

 

“Youngsaeng oppa…” You were shock, because this isn’t what a friend should say. Hyungjun has been his friend for years but he just told you to leave Hyungjun and be with him….

 

“I’ve liked you for as long as Hyungjun does. Ani, I liked you more than he do, and earlier than he do. I tried to cover up my feelings because I knew Hyungjun is dating you, and I wanted to give you guys my blessing, but it can’t be helped when those feelings grew fonder, I just want to make my heart known, and it’s totally fine if I am rejected.”

 

“It’s just… Youngsaeng oppa, it’s not the time.”

 

“Ara. You don’t have to accept me yet, but just know that I will be here for you until you’re fine, until you think that it’s the time.” He cupped your cheeks and wiped your tears away, before leading you on the path on your way home.

 

 

 

Earlier on…

As you ran out of the old warehouse, you saw another familiar figure lurking outside. As you went closer, you realized it was Hyungjun’s friend, Youngsaeng.

 

“What are you doing here?” Still clutching your arm, you look at him, then to the car beside him, he seemed all prepared.

 

“Say no more, let’s go to the hospital and get you treated first.” He said while opening the car door for you, letting you sit at the front passenger seat while he went in from the other side, taking the driver’s seat and started the engine.

 

“Is this really ok? The blood is going to stain your carpet.” You said looking at the dripping blood land on the grey carpet laid on the ground.

 

“Gwenchana, that’s not important.” Youngsaeng replied while concentrating on driving, trying not to go on a speed too fast so you wouldn’t get dizzy, but also not too slow because the bleeding from your wound needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

 

He rushed you to the hospital in no time.

 

“Doctor, is there anything which we must take note of when the wound is healing? Or is there something she should prevent eating?” Youngsaeng asked worriedly after the doctor finishes bandaging your arm after the stitches.

 

“Neh, she must be careful not to let the wound touch the water before it is completely healed.  Try not to eat any processed food or those high in sodium, araso?” The doctor says slowly and make sure that his points are noted, before continuing to tell you that you must come back to remove the stitches after two weeks.

 

 

At Hyunjoong’s side…

“So, let’s start our business.” Hyunjoong hissed coldly.

 

“Don’t touch Seolhan, and I can give you anything, just... don’t touch her.” Hyungjun’s eyes remained on the ground, but from his tone, he was begging him.

 

“As a gentleman, I will assure you that I would definitely keep to my promise.”

 

“Okay, you’ve got my word, I won’t fight back no matter what.” Hyungjun took one last look on the blade in Hyunjoong’s hand, and shut his eyes tightly. Just like those who are dying, images flashed passed his mind, he remembered the days you and him were together, he remembers your smile, your laughter and your tears, everything seemed so clear and transparent to him. There’s one thing that he wouldn’t have forget. He knew Youngsaeng likes you too, and he was the one who called Youngsaeng to wait for you in front of the warehouse, so if there’s anything wrong, he can be the one who saves you this time.

 

“Kim Hyung Jun! Accept your death!” Hyunjoong’s screams echoed in the air and he waved the dagger before his opponent’s face, and down his throat……

 

It was minutes after. Everything was white, there was no sight, no sound, everything was quiet all around. Where am I? Is this heaven or hell? Hyungjun asked himself. The last of what he remember was the mixture of the feeling of pain and the gruesome smell of blood, and he opened his eyes a little, seeing Hyunjoong and his gang stride out of the warehouse, leaving him on the floor as he slowly loses consciousness.

 

So… is he dead?

 

He lifted his heavy eyelids and let his eyes adjust to the lights shining onto him. His back was resting on something comfortable and soft, he turned and realized that he was on a bed. It has white sheets, like the ones in the hospitals, and he smelt a strong smell of medicine.

 

“Ahh..” He groaned as his wound started to hurt, and the sound attracted the attention of a nurse who came to check on him.

 

“Mister, you are awake? Are you feeling better?” She asked, but Hyungjun looked confusingly at her, and asked her back, “How did I get here? Am I still alive?”

 

“Neh, the owner of the warehouse found you bleeding and unconscious and immediately called the ambulance and sent you here in time. I’ll get the doctor over to check on your condition.” She answered politely and bowed before leaving the room.

 

 

At Youngsaeng’s side…

“Youngsaeng ah, I am worried for Hyungjun. Even though we are together now, but he is still our friend afterall, should we pay him a visit at his house? At least to check if he is safe?” You pleaded, even though Youngsaeng was a bit reluctant for you to get entangled in Hyungjun’s affairs again, but he knew if he didn’t agree, you wouldn’t rest your mind, hence, after awhile of silence, he agreed.

 

The two of you came to location written on the slip of paper you kept. It was a rented house, and you came to unit 501, ringing the doorbell, hoping that at least someone would answer it.

 

After a few more tries, you gave up, you thought maybe he didn’t want to see you again. But just as you were about to turn and leave, someone came out of the neighboring house, it was an old granny.

 

“You’re looking for Hyungjunnie?”

 

You nodded.

 

“He hasn’t paid his rent for the past month and the landlord threw his belongings out of the house. I brought it back to help safe keep them but he hasn’t came back for quite some time already so I wasn’t sure what to do about it. Are you his friend? Maybe you want to take his things along?”

 

You were about to answer her but Youngsaeng interrupted you, “Ani ani, we are not close, just came here to find him for some help. It’s okay, we will get going then. Kamsahamnida.” He did a ninety degree bow and dragged you away to the lobby.

 

“Youngsaeng oppa! Why did you say that? We are not close?”

 

“Seolhan-ah, he hasn’t came back for so long, he’s probably… dead. Think about it, how would Hyunjoong let him off when his brother killed Kyujong?”

 

You thought about it for a moment and you agreed, yes, Hyunjoong wouldn’t have let him off. Hyungjun might be… dead. He might have left, and your life still needs to continue. Moreover, you have Youngsaeng now…

 

“Come on, we should go have our dinner and I’ll send you home. You must be tired.”

 

 

It was into the night.

 

From the shadows, a figure moved. He wore a mask covering more than half of his face, but his eyes were showing and it was clear, but somehow, red and swollen. He was closely observing the couple as they walked hand in hand out from the restaurant and got onto a taxi which the man has flagged down. Seeing them disappear from his sight, the masked man stepped out of the shadows and removed the white surgeon mask, revealing long red scars, which spreads from his cheekbone to the area near his chin, and another scar just across his neck towards his collarbone. He is disfigured.

 

He looked down at his old wristband, there was a name encraved on the leather, and it read: Kim Hyung Jun.

 

“Youngsaengie, Seolhan-ah,” He whispered, only loud enough for it to be heard himself, “Please be happy, I’ll give you all my blessings.”

 

 

-End of Part 3-

 

-End of story-

 

[Author Note: Sorry that I removed the M-rating because I initially wanted to add some… well, intimate scenes, but I didn’t know where to insert the scenes cos it didn’t seem suitable for the storyline. Do look forward to my other upcoming stories if you want Rated-M scenes, I promise you guys I will write some. ThanKYU for reading this story and I hope you enjoyed reading it.]