PART2

To Let You Go

PART2

 

“Kim Hyungjun,” A voice snapped at him when he picked up a call, and he heard a high-pitched scream from the other end, “Can you guess who is that?”

 

Hyungjun’s eyes widened and his heart sank, “Seolhan… Ya! KIM HYUNJOONG! What exactly did you want? You can just direct your attacks on me, let Seolhan off.” He felt his heart ache.

 

“I just want to make use of her to lure you here, so, will you be coming to save your girl?” he could hear Hyunjoong smirk, “If you’re not here within two hours, I will make sure you will never see her again.”

 

Hyunjoong hung up the phone and Hyungjun stared at the photo frame with the photo of the both of you, mumbling to himself, “You can save me once, but you can’t save me twice. That gang has had their eyes on me, and they won’t give up, I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”

 

 

Back at Hyunjoong’s side…

“So, did you like my welcome gift?” Hyunjoong ended the call and threw the phone aside, and his men caught it.

 

“I think you’re wasting your time, he isn’t going to come. Who is foolish enough to let himself fall into a trap while saving someone unrelated to him?” You questioned him.

 

He raised an eyebrow at you and hissed, “Don’t try playing mind games with me. I’ve had someone follow you guys for a month, I know you guys became a couple some time ago.”

 

“Then your men must not have told you that we broke up a few days ago,” you laughed bitterly.

 

“Broken up? Why?” This got Hyunjoong curious.

 

“Because he is seeing some other woman?” You said, unsure of why you would share it with Hyunjoong.

 

 

Earlier on…

“Ah, oppa…” A female voice panted, and it echoed through the silent corridor.

 

“Bear with it for awhile, I am coming soon.” A man’s voice drifted into your ears and made you stopped in your tracks outside the bedroom door.

 

You had just entered Hyungjun’s house with the set of spare keys he gave you, and you wanted to prepare a surprise dinner for him but you hadn’t expect to hear this conversation which is a little too loud.

 

You were in a state of shock and disbelief and you tried to retreat out of the house, but in the process, you absent-mindedly knocked into the leg of the dining table, causing the vase to crash onto the ground, causing a huge commotion.

 

You were already on the verge of tears and couldn’t care much about your hurting leg as you made a quick dash for the door when Hyungjun came out from the room to check on what happened.

 

“Seolhan!” He called after you but he couldn’t run because the broken pieces of vase were in his way. He sighed loudly and gave up on chasing after you.

 

 

Back to the present…

“Hmmmm,” Hyunjoong chuckled, you knew he was mocking at you but you ignored him, feeling down. He continued, “So now you know your taste for man is getting from bad to worse. You should come back to me.” He put his arms around you and pressing you down.

 

“Kim Hyun Joong, get your dirty hands off Seolhan!” You were woken up from your thoughts by the familiar voice, which echoed through the air. You didn’t even realize that Hyunjoong has had his arm on you until you heard him say. You looked up and saw Hyungjun at the entrance, and Hyunjoong’s men has had him surrounded.

 

Your eyes wandered around and found Hyungjun’s body, his shirt was drenched in sweat and sticking to his back. It seems like he has ran all his way here.

 

“Oh? You’re here?” Hyunjoong looked surprise as he checked his watch, “I thought you…”

 

“Kim Hyun Joong!” You know what he wanted to imply, but you stopped his words, “What exactly do you want?”

 

“Let’s prove that I love you more than he do, shall we?” He leaned closer to you and whispered into your ear and you eyed him, trying to warn him not to do anything funny.

 

“Kim Hyun Joong! I am here to surrender myself to you, let Seolhan off now!” Hyungjun screamed impatiently.

 

“Not yet, let’s play a small game here.”

 

You watched as Hyunjoong whipped out a small dagger from the inside of his boots, and removed its cover, waving the sharp blade in your face as you shivered slightly. Your wound from the previous incident sent throbbing pain to your nerves as you were reminded of the incident when you saw the dangerous object.

 

“When I remembered how Kyujong died in the hands of your brother, I promised that I will kill him, and then his family, one by one, slowly and painfully.” Hyunjoong started, glaring angrily at his opponent, “And I’m not going to let this go today. We’ll have to settle our scores.”

 

“I know it’s Kibum’s fault, he shouldn’t have brought his men into your turf to create trouble, but he killed Kyujong by accident, he killed him for self-protection. And you’ve already took your revenge, Kibum’s already dead, can’t we forget about it and you just leave us to lead a quiet and normal life.”

 

It all suddenly became clear to you about the details of the whole incident. It became clear on why Hyunjoong became like a demon, and why their gang had their eyes on Hyungjun. Hyungjun’s brother, Kibum, killed Hyunjoong’s sworn brother, Kyujong in a fight, and now Hyunjoong killed Kibum for revenge, and he is planning to kill Hyungjun too.

 

“No, there’s no way I am going to let you off. I swore that I’d kill you.” Hyunjoong smirked and stared into the distance through the window, as if seeing Kyujong there, he gave a soft smirk, “But now, let’s see what I can do to make this game more interesting.”

 

Hyunjoong’s men moved on to tie Hyungjun up with thick ropes which hung him from the ceiling, both of his hands were trapped tightly about his head and he couldn’t retaliate but could only glare at the rest, unsure of what they would do to him.

 

“Maybe I should help you take some revenge?” Hyunjoong asks you, but you didn’t reply. From the corner of your eyes, you see Hyungjun stopped his fidgeting and looking questioningly at you, as if asking you what he had done wrong.

 

“Hit him, leave no mercy.”

 

The first fist landed just below his eyes, Hyungjun felt dizzy and there was a burning sensation on his cheeks. The next one landed on his nose and he immediately smelt a rustic smell as a red gluy substance flowed down to his lips. He is bleeding. The third punch was on his stomach, making him arch his back from the pain as he coughed out more blood.

 

“Hyunjoong, stop!”

 

“Why? You’re too soft-hearted! How can you forgive someone who has betrayed you like that?” Hyunjoong said in disbelief.

 

“Son of a , what are you saying? Since when did I betray Seolhan!” Hyungjun was confused at the situation.

 

“You brought a woman home and did your business so openly and Seolhan heard it, so she ran out of the house and came back to me, there’s no use denying it.” Hyunjoong smirked.

 

In fact, you didn’t even know how you ended up at Hyunjoong’s place. You went drinking alone at the usual pub right after you ran out of Hyungjun’s house. The lasts of what you could remember is feeling drowsy and you fainted on the bar table. Thinking about it now, you finally understood everything – Hyunjoong sent someone to drug your drink, and then brought you here.

 

“I did not! Don’t you dare try to ruin our trust!” Hyungjun shouted but Hyunjoong’s sentence seemed to ring a bell in his head, his tone became softer and he turned to look at you, trying to make eye contact, “Seolhan, is that why you ran out of the house? You wanted to leave quietly but in the process, you knocked down the vase by accident?” He saw you remain silence as he continued explaining, “Seolhan, you have mistaken about the whole incident! I…”

 

However, this time, Hyunjoong interrupted him. He leaned closer and whispered something to him, which you can’t hear clearly from where you were.

 

“I dare you to say that you don’t love Seolhan, and admit to betraying her, and then I will let her off, how about that?”

 

Hyungjun glared at Hyunjoong in disbelief, his eyes seem to be saying no, but he is hesitating. If all these could be done to save you, why not? But if he really admit to that, it would mean an end to your relationship, and it will hurt you to hate him forever.

 

“AHHHHHHH!” Your ear piercing scream woke him from his debating thoughts, he shot a look at you and he thought he could hear his heart shatter into a million pieces. Because he couldn’t make his mind up in time, Hyunjoong stabbed your previously injured arm with his dagger, and it ripped open the same old wound that has not completely healed. Once again, the sleeve of your long white blouse is stained with blood gushing out from the wound, you gasped in pain and tried hard to keep your screams inside.

 

“Have you made up your mind yet?” Hyunjoong raised an eyebrow.

 

You saw Hyungjun take a deep breath as he was released from the ropes, he took a few small steps towards you and began, “Seolhan, mianhae, I didn’t want to lie to you anymore. I can’t love you, I don’t love you. I wanted to tell you beforehand, but I didn’t thought that you will witness everything. Mianhae, for hurting you.”

 

“Kim Hyung Jun, you bastard. you.” You clutched your injured arm and ran as fast as you could, no one stopped you since Hyunjoong gave the order to let you leave. While running, your first drop of tears fell, but you did not stop in your tracks…

 

-End of Part2-

 

(Edited a small part bcos I realized I got confused with the names >_<)