PART1

To Let You Go

PART1

 

BANG! A shot was fired through the air, you clutched the wound on your right arm, and your maroon colored jacket was immediately stained with blood. You lips trembled as you tried to take in a deep breath and shift your focus away from the pain, but it wasn’t really working because you literally felt like dying already.

 

“Seolhan ah!” Someone lifted you up and let your head rest against his chest, clutching your hand in his, “Why did you do this? You’re so foolish!”

 

“I just, don’t want you to get hurt. It will be more painful than getting injured myself.” You muttered, your face turning pale and your lips white.

 

Hyunjoong stood at a distance away, giving you a questioning look, as if telling you that he does not understand why you have done what you did. “I doubt you would do that if it’s me.” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Hyunjoong, I would, if it was in the past.” You turn towards the opponent, “Hyunjoong, will you let me and Hyungjun off now? You’re happy already right?”

 

Hyunjoong rolled his eyes in frustration, but gave off a bitter laugh, “Brothers, let’s go.” With that, his gang retreated from the creepy old warehouse they were in.

 

“Seolhan, hang in there, please hang in there!” Hyungjun held you up and carried you bridal style, dashing for the exit of the warehouse while you fainted in his arms.

 

Earlier on…

“Seolhan!” Hyungjun shouted your name worriedly, he didn’t expect you to appear when he was brought to this deserted, old and randown warehouse by the gang. Moreover, you were thrown on the ground next to him after being discovered by the other gang members that you were secretly hiding behind a wall.

 

“Hyungjun oppa, gwenchana?” You picked yourself up and checked on him for any injuries or bruises, but he shook his head, “gwenchana..”

 

“Min Seolhan, it’s been quite awhile, what a surprise you gave me.” The gang leader smirked and squatted before you, lifting you by your chin to make you look at him. You glared angrily at him and hit his hand away, but he just smile at you.

 

Hyungjun asked if you know him. Of course you know him, you were too familiar with him.

 

“Of course she know me, she know me earlier than you dude, I am her boyfriend.”

 

“Was,” You corrected him, “Kim Hyunjoong, remember, it’s Ex-boyfriend, we’ve broken up three years ago.”

 

“Well, I think you were the one who forgot, I didn’t agree to it.” You avoided his eyes and instead, shifted your focus onto Hyungjun’s injuries, Hyunjoong was clearly annoyed by your attitude and decided to play with you, “You like this fellow? Which part of him is good compared to me?”

 

You blushed secretly but you hid it well when you turned to glare at Hyunjoong angrily, “It’s none of your business!”

 

“Wow wow wow, someone is angry because I exposed her secret!” He teases loudly, pretending to be talking to his gang members, but his actual motive is to let both Hyungjun and you hear it, “Well, since someone likes him, let’s give him some torture in front of his lover.” He turned to the others and upon his order, they surrounded Hyungjun and launched their attack on him, hitting and kicking him all at once.

 

“AHH! AHH!” Hyungjun screamed in pain, “ you guys. Screw you. Don’t ever let me leave this place alive else…”

 

“Don’t be too over-confident, I didn’t say I am going to let you leave this place alive.” Hyunjoong smirked and eyed you from the corner of his eyes.

 

“Hyunjoong, jebal, let him off.”

 

“Wae, you are begging me for this fellow? UH? You didn’t even do this for me in the past.” He said in an angry tone, and his men backed off. When neither of you were paying attention to him, he made an eye signal to a member positioned behind Hyungjun. That was Hyungjun’s blindspot, but you can clearly see what he was doing – he is wiping out a pistol from his back pocket, loaded it, and aiming it at Hyungjun’s back.

 

“Hyungjun, be careful!” You screamed and lunged forward so that you were in front of Hyungjun. The pistol went off and you were shot.

 

Back to the present…
You woke up to the strong smell of medicine and looked around in confusion, you thought that you were in the hospital, but there wasn’t any expensive medical equipment lying around. However, you know you are alive because of the sharp stinging pain from your wound.

 

“Seolhan, you’re awake?”

 

Oh . You looked up in shock to see someone, topless, standing in front of you. You scolded yourself mentally when your eyes wandered around his well-toned body muscles, and you quickly shifted your focus back to his face.

 

“Hy-hyungjun oppa…”

 

“Ah,” He realizes that you were looking at him weirdly and immediately took his shirt and wore it over, and you secretly pout, but made sure he didn’t see it, “I thought I will let you rest for awhile and I could go take a bath before helping you bandage your wounds.”

 

He took out the first aid box and sat on the bed, positioning himself in front of you and took a look at your injured arm, “I will help you take the bullet out, and then clean the wound. It might hurt, you can just hold on to me if you need.” He said as he began to pour antiseptic liquid over the wound, it stings hell lots.

 

You grabbed his shoulder and buried your head so that your screams become muffled. He is quick with bandaging, and before you knew it, he has had your wound settled.

 

“It’s done.”

 

You heaved a sigh of relief as Hyungjun stood up and put the first aid box away, and you wondered why is he so skilled in treating major wounds like this, but you decided not to ask.

 

“I am going to cook porridge for you, I will bring it over once it’s done. Rest well.” He said and backed out of the room, closing the room door after him, “Chalja.”

 

You laid on the bed and stare blankly at the ceiling, and then to the side of the bed where Hyungjun’s desk and wardrobe was. The room was rather neatly packed, and the colors used for decorations were mainly black, blue and silver, and you guessed those were his favorite colors. His walls were grey, windows black, photo frames silver, desk blue and cupboard black.

 

Soon enough, someone knocked on the door and entered, you saw Hyungjun holding to a tray with a bowl on it and placed it on his desk. He slowly helped you to sit up on the bed and adjusted the pillow for you to lean on, and reaches for the bowl of porridge, blowing at it to cool it for you before feeding you, “Come on, open your mouth and say ‘AHH’.”

 

You laughed at his childishness and rejected his offer to feed you, “It’s okay, I can manage it myself.”

 

But still, he insisted on helping you since your hand is injured and you couldn’t hold the bowl and eat at the same time, “I will just feed you, no objections.” You knew you couldn’t fight over him and just agreed hesitantly.

 

“Seolhan, you didn’t have to do that, you know, taking a shot for me just to beg Hyunjoong to let us off.” He asked after you took a mouthful of porridge.

 

“Aniyo, it’s also between me and him.” You smiled bitterly, and he looked at you questioningly, seeming to be curious about your story with Hyunjoong, “Wae, do you want to hear the story?”

 

He nodded, but after seeing you hesitate for a moment, he changed his mind, “It’s fine if you don’t want to tell. I know, it’s okay.” He said and fed you another spoon of porridge.

 

“I am going to tell anyway.” You smiled and stood up, looking out of the window, “I met him five years ago, and we were 14. He used to be a really nice guy, he prepared breakfast for me everyday, and we will walk to school and back home, go for dates when we are free… But that’s until he joined the gang, he became violent and ferocious, and he is scary, that’s why I broke up with him, but he didn’t accept it.” You sighed.

 

“So he was a really sweet guy?” Hyungjun pouted.

 

“Was.” You pouted too, and burst out laughing after seeing how cute he was. You realized he was a really nice guy to be with, he is caring and gentle, and what’s more, he makes you laugh and also forget the pain.

 

“Did you get any boyfriends after breaking up with him?” He asks, taking you aback with the sudden question, and you shook your head, “Do you mind if I ask you something?”

 

“Go ahead.” He gives you the permission.

 

“How did you offend the gang? Why are they after you? I saw them chasing after you and then hitting you after you left school and then I followed you guys all the way to the warehouse, and they even wanted to kill you…” Your voice trailed off as you see his face turn pale, “Ah, gwenchana?”

 

“It’s just… I don’t want to say, it’s just something between me and their gang, and I think I shouldn’t get you involved, and I am guilty for doing so. Seolhan ah, you really shouldn’t have followed us, now it caused you to get injured, I… I…” Hyungjun is loss for word.

 

“Neh, neh, ara.” You finished the rest of the porridge in silence, after swallowing your last mouthful of porridge, Hyungjun handed you a tissue and you thanked him, wiping your mouth gently as you sneaked a peak at him and caught him looking at you.

 

“Neh? Is there anything on my face? Why are you looking at me like that?” You asked.

 

Hyungjun coughed to clear his throat, seeming to wanting to say something. He sat down on his roller chair and faced you, taking a deep breath and mustering his courage, “Seolhan ah, after today, I realized something. I’ve always heard friends saying that you have a crush on me, but I didn’t believe it because you acted like you were so cold and distant and you do not care, but now, I know you care, I know you are not cold and distant anymore. I know you are important to me just like how I am important in your heart, and I don’t want to lose you. Seolhan, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Hyungjun ah.” He waited nervously for your answer, and finally, you nodded.

 

“Yayy!” He held you by your waist and spun you in the air, laughing happily, “Min Seolhan, saranghae.”

 

 

-------

If you think this is the end, you're wrong!
As I say, this is a three-shot, so, stay tuned for Chp2 coming out soon :)
Comments pls~~~~~