Chae Young’s Heartbreak

I love you, you love her

 

Nobody’s POV

 

It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

It’s the first day of snow, landing on the designed terrain of the park.

 

Winter is officially starting.

 

A girl is silently sitting on the bench in front of the drained fountain, watching every people pass by her. She scanned every face—hoping to see the face she had wanted to see while she’s away.

 

She had called him, and she did notice something in him.

 

Something’s wrong—she thought, but then, when he said he’s going to see her, doubts fade away and was replaced by pure anticipation.

She really wanted to see him today—she promised herself that while she’s fixing her things on her trip back.

 

She realized that if she wanted to label him HERS, she needs to make everything OFFICIAL.

 

He’s been waiting for her…he have waited so long and she intend to make that wait worth it.

 

She received a report that he’s getting along well with her unnie, and it somewhat made her jealous.

 

She blamed her work for being away. A week had passed and her butler told her a lot of things.

 

She wished for her Chae Young-unnie and him to be friends—BUT ONLY FRIENDS.

 

He is only hers.

 

 She can’t allow anyone have him, unless she says so.

Call her selfish—she really does not care.

 

“Sakura,” finally, she was able to hear the voice of the man she’s been waiting for in the middle of the cold weather.

 

“Jinki-oppa!” She stood up and enveloped her thin arms around his waist, like he doesn’t want to let him go.

 

On the other hand, he became so hesitant instantly.

He also wanted to see her, but with a different reason.

 

Yesterday, he went through a roller coaster of emotions.

He thought he already ADMIRE the girl who had been impolite to him before. She’s just simply amazing in her eyes.

And yes, he OFFICIALLY LIKES HER.

 

But the meeting with her eldest brother made him feel a little angry and rebellious.

 

Yes, he likes her—but it’s not enough to marry her.

 

But he can’t say no.

 

He has to agree.

 

“Sakura, let’s talk,” he said, pulling away from the girl’s hug. He saw confusion in her eyes; and it pains him to see her in that state.

 

They silently took their seat at the same bench he found her. He feels that the next moments would be a surprise for the both of them.

 

She, on the other hand, feels the awkwardness between her and him; she can even fee; in her heart a suspicion.

 

“Oppa,” she called out to him, as he stared at the far end of the park. She feels that she needs to speak before him, or else, something would happen. “I want us to be official.” She said.

 

He was not surprised. He anticipated it before he came to that place. Not that he’s conceited, but he heard a little confirmation with her voice over the phone earlier.

 

It’s the one he’s been waiting for a long time ago—but isn’t it a bit late?

 

I’ll be engaged soon—he wanted to say. But he can’t.

 

“I like you too, Jinki-oppa. And I’m sorry if it took long before I realized that,” he heard her say—and he can sense regret on he latter part.

 

He really likes her too. He won’t be pinning her for years of he didn’t.

 

And he can’t break her heart today or ever—he never imagined he can ever do that.

 

But sooner or later, she will eventually know too.

 

That her Jinki-oppa will soon be engaged to her best friend—her Chae Young-unnie—when the right time comes.

 

“I’m yours,” he said and pulled her in her arms.

 

Sorry Chae Young, but I like her more. I loved her first.

 

……………………………………………………………………………

 

“Unnies!” Sakura excitedly greeted her friends upon entering their class. She’s usually late, but now, she made sure will be able to share her news to her friends.

 

She filed a temporary leave form her work. She wants to spend the winter with her friends and with her new boyfriend.

 

“How’s the ramp?” Jin Ah asked who handed her a folder.

“It was cool, hope you’d join sometime,” she stared at the folder. “What’s this, Jin Ah?”

“Hand-outs and assignments,” Sun Joo answered for her. What’s with the excited aura?”

 

“She beamed at them. “Jinki-oppa and I are officially together!” She announced.

 

Jin Ah and Sun Joo seemed happy.

 

“Don’t play this time, Sakura,” Chae Young’s voice sounded o serious, making the three stop form rejoicing.

 

Sakura smiled at her. “Yes, unnie.”

 

 

Chae Young’s POV

 

I feel like jumping out of my window now. But you know I can’t because that’s too dumb. And I’m afraid of the heights.

 

Sigh.

Sigh.

 

Sakura announced today that Onew-oppa and she are already official.

 

When she said that…it was like the world stopped rotating for me.

My heart felt like it was stabbed with newly honed knives.

 

It hurts.

It really hurts.

 

What did I do to deserve this?

 

Why am I always hurt?

What’s wrong with me?

 

Sigh.

 

“Jinki-oppa and I are officially together!”

 

.

 

Why does it have to keep on replaying on my mind???

 

I’m not even an EX.

 

He’s not even courting me.

 

But why does it hurt more than before—I feel broken, but never like this…like can’t be repaired anymore.

 

Why???

 

Does this mean like a last warning to me that I have to wake up and tell myself that there’s no way that Onew-oppa would ever took notice of me?

 

Right.

 

I should be contented that I’m just a friend, not more than just a FRIEND. PERIOD.

 

 He offered friendship, isn’t he?

And friends shouldn’t have feelings for their friends.

 

Sigh.

 

If Sakura dare hurt Onew-oppa, I’ll pull her hair just for once.

 

………………………………………………………………………………..

 

I’m playing with Jae In as usual.

 

Babies can’t react if they’d see their playmates crying silently, right?

 

I know…I’ve been stopping the entire urge to cry…but I really can’t.

 

Guess I’m still the same weak girl who cries badly when hurt.

 

I cried my heart out in front of a baby.

 

Jae In saw her auntie cry today—but will not be ale to tell her dad and her Uncle Key. Favor for me.

 

Thankfully, I’m in my room, with her. As I’ve said, she’s my shock absorber today.

 

“Sorry, Jae In. Auntie…just feel sad. She feels like emo-ing and all. No one really tries to love or like your auntie here.”

 

Just like that, another set of tears trailed down my cheeks.

 

“Maybe Auntie really owes to change, right?” She just smiled at me.

 

I’ve told myself before that I’m contented with what I see on the mirror.

 

But if I can’t have him, I guess I should change.

 

Yes, I can feel the strong will to have HIM.

 

Right now, I want to give myself a good fight—at least, this time, I won’t be regretting it.

 

If in the end, he sees me (finally), that would be a chance.

 

I took out my phone. Hmm…whom should I call?

 

“Key-oppa? Can you help me?”

 

……………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

PREVIEW:

Chapter 20

“So you’re saying that you like me?”

“I’ve told you that I like you before…but… I’ve gotten over you already.”

***

I never thought that being ‘pretty’ have to be this meticulous.

I feel like I wanna back out.

***

OMO. He’s sleeping next to her!

Did they do ‘it’?

Damn. She’s a minor, while he’s legal.

 

Author’s note:

 

Damn. I’m not a tearjerker, ain’t I?

Hahaha. Heartbreaking scenes are easier to experience than to write them… (Speaking from experience, hahaha).

 

I promised to post this Sunday or Monday, but I’m such a failure in meeting schedules. Sorry.

But I’m glad I posted this one. It was like the scene when I was in high school. hehehe. My relationship status is epic fail, so I decided to write this one, as it also happened to me. :D

 

Next chapter… I hope you guys have an idea already. MAKE OVER CHAPTER!!!

 

YAY!!! I researched :P

Hope it will work though.

If you have any questions, or comments, just post it.

Comments are LOVED so feel free to post it.

AND SUBSCRIBERS are very much WELCOMED.