The Game Is Afoot Part 1

You + Me (This Equation Is Easy!)

Kyuhyun marched on happily to lessons that morning, his father was for once pleased at his pumped attitude.

Kyuhyun had turned up twenty minutes early, and was sitting in the classroom working on some equations when he heard Heechul coming. 

And he wasn't alone.

"What am I five years old? Are you my mother?" he was hissing.

"We both know he's a ert! Been that way since middle school! I don't want you seeing Siwon anymore that's all I'm saying,"

Hankyung.

"That's all?! I am not your pet! I am not yours to keep hidden away from the world Hankyung, I will talk to Siwon if I like and I don't care what you say about it!"

"So it's true - you love him!"

"I do not! I'm simply saying you can't tell me who or who not to see,"

"So you don't love me."

"I'm not saying that either."

"If you loved me you'd do it to make me happy."

"Do you know how much you sound like a spoiled child right now? And you say I'm the difficult one."

"Hyung?" Kyuhyun thought it best to cut in unless Heechul thought he was spying.

"Kyu-ah! I didn't know you'd gotten here already," Heechul beamed as he rounded the corner and flowed into the classroom.

Kyuhyun was sad to see the black wig firmly in place.

"Been here a while. Are you...alright?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I'm fine, just a little...debate among friends," Heechul said shooting a glare at Hankyung. "But Hannie has to be going now, we have a lesson to get through." 

Hankyung left, and Heechul sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Those two are driving me insane," he muttered. "You've no idea how much harassment I've gotten over the phone from Siwon and Hankyung,"

Kyuhyun frowned. "If it's upsetting you, wouldn't true friends and claim to love you stop fighting?"

Heechul shrugged. "You'd think. We used to be close as kids, but then the hormones started and I grew into the prettiest thing on the block, so of course they just had to have me," he rolled his eyes. "Anyway sorry about that, shall we got on with it?"

Kyuhyun took the test Heechul passed him, and worked like a madman while Heechul sighed at his phone.

Heechul was getting texts from those two, but Kyuhyun tried not to let that distract him. 

By the time he handed it back he was trembling. He'd worked hard, but he was worried about the result.

Heechul scanned it over with a pen, ready to make corrections, but when he got to the end and beamed up at Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun remembered how to breathe.

"I'm impressed," Heechul said softly. "I'm very proud of you. Not a single mistake. A few more lessons of this and you won't need me anymore,"

Kyuhyun's grin faded. "Then I won't see you anymore?"

"It makes me sad too." Heechul replied, a faint blush over his nose. "But just because I might not be teaching you soon, doesn't mean we can't see each other. I was wondering if you'd come to band practice with me today, I'd like to continue our lessons for a little bit, you have make-up exam coming up and I want you to achieve your best."

Kyuhyun nodded. Thanks to his father, his teacher had agreed to let Kyuhyun take the exam again and try to best his mark.

Pass, and the new score would be recorded. Fail, and he'd repeat the year again.

Lots of pressure, lots of risks, no second chance.

"I'll meet you at the gate then, you'll know me when you see me," Heechul smiled gathering his things and standing up.

"Alright. But hyung..." Kyuhyun said.

"Mm?" Heechul looked up.

"If you need to talk...about Siwon hyung and Hankyung hyung...I'm here to listen."

Heechul smiled gently. "I shouldn't trouble you with my relationship problems, you've enough of your own,"

"It's not a trouble. I'm...worried about you," Kyuhyun bit his lip.

"You're very sweet Kyuhyun, I'll think about what you said." Heechul said.

They parted ways to head for morning classes, and as Kyuhyun was sitting down in his homeroom, his phone buzzed with a text.

I don't need you to listen to me, being with you is a refreshing break from the chaos of my life, it makes me happy. Please, don't leave my life just yet? - Heechul

I would never - Kyuhyun

Aigoo >////< why did I say that? Kkk you're sweet. Thank you Kyu, it means a lot to me. - Heechul

​Kyuhyun smiled to himself. Things were certainly looking up.

 

to be continued....