The Same

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

"Ahhhh. So you're a Hypogriph Tamer? That's very promising. Tamers have the magic of being able to communicate, control or whatsoever to the creature they specialize in. And you're taking up...?"

"I'm planning on becoming Vet-for all animal-like creatures, that is." Lee Minhyuk answered. "I have a question, though, Prof..."

After Minhyuk, Jae Ren would be introducing herself next. It was said before that after their short introduction, they were allowed to ask questions. And through multiple questions, the class had grown a bit closer.

"How come this class has only freshmen? I thought colleges mix up the students, depending on their study." Minhyuk asked, folding his arms. "And also, how come only our hosts are allowed to fix our schedules? And why are they calling us freshmen?"

"Well, for the first question," Eunhyuk raked his silver hair. He was at the podium of the theater-like classroom. "It depends on the University. But here, you are also classed on how long you stay here. But for those who exceed 5 years, they all get mixed up. The second question is simply so that you don't isolate yourselves to your groups or guardians."

The class made 'oh's' and 'so that's why' sounds.

“The third,” He smiled. “Sanctuary is a closed off area, as you have probably observed. Once before, some outsiders pointed out that high schoolers who are new are supposed to be called fresh men. A misunderstanding broke out that ALL new students of high school AND college should be called the same.” He explained. “History lesson zero point one.” He studied each of his students expressions for a second. “ Minhyuk ssi. Do you have brothers, or maybe guardians?" Eunhyuk asked, still smiling.

"Brothers. There are 7 of us. I'm the only Science major and not one of us will meet on any class." He informed with a small frown. "But thankyou for answering my questions, Prof." He bowed to the teacher and the class before returning to his seat next to Jae Ren.

"Next." Eunhyuk nodded at her encouragingly.

Jae Ren walked down to the front, her left hand already slightly shaking from nervousness.

"Introduce yourself please."

"My name is Choi Jae Ren. I'm 18, and I'm studying Marine Biology. I want to explore the sea with my guardians, VIXX, someday." She smiled, slightly loosening up because of the class' clapping. "I practice Time Magic."

Just like that, the room silenced.

"Very special indeed..." Eunhyuk broke the silence, smiling broadly. "It's been a very good long 400 years since I've met a Time User." He proudly announced. "Any questions, Jae Ren ssi?"

"Yes, sir." Jae Ren nodded, slightly discouraged from her classmates silence. They weren't really looking at her in a bad way, they were just staring at her with curiosity. After all, almost all of them must've heard how rare her magic was. "About the 'tradition' of the Science department... The students who did it to us earlier, who are they?"

"Ah. The warlock brotherhood of BEAST." Eunhyuk smiled nostalgically at the class. "Good kids, those boys are. They volunteer to clean and take care of the Science buildings garden for the school. Well, they do have a Flora Magic user with them, but that doesn't matter. It's the thought that counts." He shrugged. "Doojoon is their leader. He uses Ice Magic. Though his magic is common, that doesn't hinder him from being very powerful. His mind makes up for his common magic."

"Ohhh. Okay. Thankyou." She bowed to the class and Eunhyuk before returning to her seat, the class' eyes were still on her though.

"Next."

...

"Next student, please."

...

"Excuse me? The boy there. Please-Jae Ren ssi would you wake him up?"

Jae Ren blinked. Oh... He was asleep. She lightly shook the boys shoulder, and jumped on her seat when the boy suddenly sat up straight with a surprised expression.

"What?"

"The classroom isn't your bedroom. Please introduce yourself here in front." Eunhyuk frowned, not very pleased.

"Sorry." He carelessly shrugged with an equally careless smile. He lazily walked down to the front, smiling.

"Remove your cap, please." Eunhyuk reprimanded.

"Oh." He removed his cap, and the students started whispering. "Hey. My name is Kwon Jiyong, I'm 19... I think? And I'm studying Marine Biology."

Just like me...  Jae Ren thought, staring at him. More like, staring at his hair.

"What's with your hair?" A random student from the back asked.

"Oh this?" Jiyong touched his long hair. They were straight black with the ends dyed a vibrant orange. "Nothing, really. Just for fun."

Eunhyuk sighed, shaking his head. "You should cut that by next week. So what type of magic are you?"

"Oh." Jiyong blinked. "Well before that, I prefer to be called G-Dragon, please. Or GD. Don't use my name." He smiled. "Dragon Taming."

"Woah..."

"Two of rare types in one class... I must be lucky." Eunhyuk said. The class erupted in whispers, and Eunhyuk seemed in thought. "And both of you are taking up the same study..." The teacher stated, more than asked as he glanced at Jae Ren shortly.

"Uh-huh..." GD nodded. "Anyway, that's all. May I go back to my seat?"

"You don't have any question?" Eunhyuk asked, surprised. Fresh men usually have a litter of questions.

"Nope." GD shook his head then went back to his seat without another word.

"Okay... Next."

It was the awkward realization of each other’s presence which made the air between them heavy. Jae Ren was stiff while GD refused to look her way and kept his gaze on the window beside him.

Or maybe I'm the only one feeling this tension? Jae Ren asked herself, playing with her pen.

"Well that took all of our time." Eunhyuk clasped his hands together. "This is still the first day so I think this is the same thing you all will do with your other classes. You'll be separated by then but you will still class with only freshmen. Have a good day to you all!"

"Wait! Seongsanim! You didn't tell us your magic!"

"You didn't introduce yourself either!" A student in front added.

Eunhyuk checked his watch. "Well... We have a few more minutes..." He hesitantly said. "Fine. But all you need to know is people call me Eunhyuk, I have my own brotherhood-whose members you'll probably meet in your other subjects-and I practice..." He suddenly pulled out a gun, but no ordinary gun. It was semi-transparent and it seemed as if he made it out of thin air and shot the clock at the other end of the room with a bang. "Target Magic. It's really common, but much harder to master compared to other magics." Students cheered for him and clapped. "Anyway, you kids better get to your next period. I have my next class, too. See you all!" He waved and students started to leave the classroom and dispersing to different portals in the building.

I'm still in Science... Jae Ren huffed, slightly disappointed with her schedule. Her curiosity was peaked, so of course she wanted to go to another building.

"Hey. Jae Ren, right?"

"Oh. Hello." Jae Ren turned around and gave a curt nod. "May I help you G-Dragon ssi?"

"Nothing. It's just... You should probably try redoing that..." He gestured to her dress while looking away at the same time.

Redoing...? "Ah. Thanks. I think I'll do that now." She embarrassedly bowed and quickly sprinted to the nearest bathroom.

OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF ERTED TRADITION IS THIS?! She frantically put her bag down on the sink of the bathroom and looked at her reflection. Her bra was evident on her shirt, even though it was dry. It was as if her shirt had gone transparent and not only that, it was also sticking to her skin. She focused and stared at her reflection, rewinding what happened to her attire. I could probably do it, right? I did turn someone into a baby... She thought. She hadn't been really practicing. She went inside a stall and removed her shirt, holding it above the toilet bowl.

At first, nothing was happening. Just her staring at her hardened, semi-transparent shirt. Then, it started dripping. Until her shirt was practically raining yellow-ish liquid onto the bowl.

She smiled when it was dry and put on the clean shirt. She flushed the bowl before exiting the stall and collected her bag from the sink.

"Why are you smiling...?"

She jumped, surprised by the familiar voice. "Excuse me?" She turned around, a politely curious expression on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" G-Dragon repeated again, cocking his head to the right.

"What? Why are you here?"

"Waiting for you." He answered so casually as if it was a normal day-to-day thing. "So why were you smiling?"

"Why are you waiting for me?" Jae Ren asked, confused.

"We have the same classes." He shrugged. "My host told me that your host copied my hosts schedule-which is mine. So we have the same class. I didn't get a tour so I don't know exactly where..." He shrugged. "So I'll just follow you."

"O... kay..." Jae Ren furrowed her eyebrows. "I guess I'm okay with that..." She hesitantly agreed, but he wasn't really asking for permission.

"Good. Well, you don't really get much of a choice anyway." He shrugged again, stunning Jae Ren by his moxie. "So... where's Chemistry I?"

"Right down this hall..." Jae Ren quietly answered, not really sure what to make of their situation. "You could've just asked for directions..."

"That would've meant socializing. I don't like socializing. Except for you, of course."

"Why me?" Jae Ren raised an eyebrow at him, stopping just infront of the open class room door.

"... Nothing." He shook his head. "Is this it? Oh. It is. Let's go." He went inside first, leaving her hanging with his answer.

She frowned at his attitude but shoved the thought aside for later. It was just the first day, she thought, it couldn’t possibly get any weirder.

 






3/4