A Stupid Fool

Nothing to Say

I never really felt this way before...I haven't in a long time.

I'd say the last time I fell in love was in my younger age...elementry days...

He was a shorter boy...his dark hair would always spike upward. I'd ask him why he did it...and he said it was for me.

At that age, I didn't understand. "For me?" I would ask scratching my scalp ignorantly. The boy would only stand there and nod. He wasn't a man with words. By the time I understood what "love" and "feelings" were, it was too late. He was moving to another city and there was nothing I could do about it. He was my only friend at the time, and he was like the older brother I never wanted, but was always there.

But it doesn't matter...I was a stupid fool for believing...a stupid fool for falling in love.

 

My mind drew blank as I walked away from Chanyeol. I swear, sometimes he gets on my nerves. How dare he voice his opinions so harshly on me. And how dare he think I don't understand what it's like to feel lose. That is the reason I am here, after all.

He erked me so much that I didn't even notice the person walking from the corner of the hallway. Slowly I bumped myself into the man. My body jutted backwards and I sunk my heels deep into the floor to keep myself balanced.

"I'm so sorry" the man apologizes then excuses himself. I didn't even have time to say that it was okay. The man sprinted off in a hurry...

"What a stupid fool" I complained to myself. My mother was waiting for me outside and this fool had to rush into me. I sighed, forgetting the mishap and headed in the direction of the main doors. Just before I moved my still feet I noticed that there was a flyer faced upward on the floor. Bending down to its level I picked it up with my right hand and stared at it for the longest time.

It read English words...something I couldn't fully understand...and then there was the Korean translation on the bottom. I smiled.

"An open mic?" I gasped. I enjoyed seeing shows, and hearing people recite poetry, and sing songs...I enjoyed these peaceful, fun sessions. I remember before I was diagnosed, my mother would take me every Thursday evening after she was finished with work. I was just a kid back then...but I understood every grown up word the performers said. And I understood the deeper meanings, feelings, and vengeful emotions behind each piece. She told me that this place was a secret. That my father used to scold her for exposing me to this at a young age.

Then again, I disliked my father for the longest time...

 

The flyer announced one of these open mics to be held next week Sunday. I smiled, and my lips curved. My mother hadn't let me go out in a long time...and this would finally be the opportunity. My hands traced the wordings of the inked letters as I walked to the outside streets. There I smiled wider when I spot my mother, in her blue shaded automobile.

 

The next week I returned to my weekly sessions with Mr. Byun...I mean Baekhyun. He still holds that dashing smile that paints images in my mind of a famous movie star. I saw the natural smiles they give for the audience, and the elegance they have in their posture. I see every physical trait possible from a celebrity in Baekhyun. This time I noticed that he is running the lesson faster than usual. Could he be going somewhere today? Or possibly have a meeting? I didn't dare ask, seeing as if he was pushing us to talk more today.

"Today I will be starting on resolving and listening to all your issues..." he stated. He looked in the eyes of everyone to make sure it was clear. He didn't seem to want to repeat himself once more. Everyone shared the same problems as usual. I didn't really see the need for it...I mean after all he has known us for 2 months.

When I shared I realized that Baekhyun was focusing all his attention on me. It made me slightly blush and scramble in my words. It all came rushing into my mind like a car hit me in an instant. I didn't know what to say...or how to simply continue what I was talking about. He looked at me with kind and concerned eyes...that was when I thought they were eyes of sympathy...those were the ones I despised the most.

At that moment his phone began to buzz. I stopped stuttering in my words to listen to his mobile beep and buzz like a siren. He apologized quickly, then looked at the phone he pulled from his back pocket.

"I'm sorry guys. Do you mind If I take this?" he asked turning to everyone. No one seemed bothered really.

"Sure Mr. Byun" Chanyeol said flipping his arms to the side. Baekhyun stood up and walked outside of the room to answer his phone. The rest of the room remained silent.  

I assumed I looked depressed or something, because that's when Chanyeol began bugging me. "Hey" he said kicking the side of my chair. At first I tried ignoring him...but that didn't't seem to work since he almost shoved me off my chair entirely.

"What?" I said with a highly irritated voice. He recoiled a bit, putting his hands up almost as if I gave him a shock.

"Whoa, easy there...I just wanted to apologize again" was all he said. I rolled my eyes.

"I told you, there isn't anything to be sorry for"

And apparently I must have been showing shame or concern because he also approached me for that as well.

"Is something bothering you?" he asked turning back to me. Yeah YOU! I wanted to say, but I just kept my mouth shut and didn't answer. It bothered him that I was giving the 'silent treatment'. The others in the group chuckled. Like he was getting shut down or something.

"Listen...does it have something to do with Mr. Byun?" he asked. I shook nervouslyy in my head. How did he know? It's almost like he read my mind in that instant. Now I was curious about this Chanyeol.

"How did you know?" I whispered soft enough that no one could hear.

"I just do" he laughed, finally stoked that he cracked me.

"So what?" I asked impatiently. He stopped smiling and then turned serious once more. "I want to know because I've seen you watch him...see you examine him and enjoy his movements..." he whispered. I was shocked to hear such a thing come from a person mouth.

"Why do you make me sound like the creeper in this?" I asked a bit furiously. At that point I wanted to strangle is thin neck, but I couldn't make a scene...not here, not now.

"I don't..."

"And wait!" I whisper louder. "How do you know that?! Hmmm?! You must stalk me yourself don't you!" I said a bit disgusted.

Chanyeol tried steering the conversation once more. "Well I just wanted you to know that Mr. Byun is seeing someone right now" he assured, watching my face fall a part. "Still don't believe me?" he asked grinning at the stupid look I gave.

"Think about it...he's rushing the lesson...he's getting nervous...and hey! His girlfriend called right now to ask him about the date they're going on in a few hours" he said turning my head to see Baekhyun outside. The man was standing against the wall, moving around in circles, and smiling as he talked on the phone.

"See?" he asked looking back at me.

"See what?" I asked a bit bitterly. He seemed confused by my reaction. "Don't you know that falling in love is stupid, especially in your condition?!" he asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing, not even death scares me. It's just a bully that will bother you until the end. But it won't stop me from loving, and caring, and smiling" I rooted my words together. Chanyeol, I could see, was completely blown away by my statement as he nodded to himself silently. Just then the doors reopened and Baekhyun returned into the room.

"I'm sorry guys, it was a personal call. Nothing serious, no emergency" he assured laughing it off. He took his seat and continued the lesson. But the thoughts never left my mind.

It was something serious, there was an emergency...my heart of all places had been shattered into a million pieces. I wanted to forget the things Chanyeol said, and fight every doubt in my mind about liking Baekhyun.

I was a stupid fool...a stupid stupid fool.

 

A/N: This is the end of the second chapter....how would you guys feel if I just kept some EXO characters in or slowly show every member throughout the story. Let me know how you like the story and what I should do about the characters. :D