Introduction

Red Hot Lips and Skinny Jeans

Shinye was a wild child. She was the rebel in class, and nobody could stop her. Although so, she was sensible and intelligent, and only did things after thinking about the possibility of it resulting in dire consequences. So, she rarely did things on impulse. 

Her rebellious attitude was of a mild one. Not angsty nor fiesty like other teenagers her age. She just wanted to fit in. In truth, she wasn't like that. She had a double image - at home and out of home. At home, she'd put on her geeky glasses and read. She'd read things about how a ballpoint pen was made, why hurricanes have names, what stars could represent and all that which people seemed to not give a damn about. 

In school, however, she'd put on her contact lenses, apply make up and wear leather jackets and -tight jeans. She rode a motorcycle to school, and her friends would call out to her when she passed by. What was particular about her was that she always wore red lipstick. To her, it was like a shield of protection which boosted her confidence and self-esteem. To others though, the red lipstick was what was y about her. She was a popular figure in school, for she was known for her attractive and sharp features, mildly-rebellious attitude, intelligence, and her hot red lips. Many guys had dreamed of scoring a date with her but they'd all been turned down. She didn't want to date anybody, she claimed. 

Her best friend was a guy, by the name of Hyunseung. He was lanky, had orange hair, sharp features and a gentle personality. He was also an intelligent and popular figure, though not as popular as his best friend. Hyunseung was known for being the 'prince-charming' of the many delusional girls in school, and it was rumoured that even female teachers fell in love with his warm disposition. 

"Hey." Hyunseung called, waving at Shinye. "So, what did you read about during the weekends?" He asked, his eyes sparkling in the sunlight. 

"Oh God, Seung! I learnt about the content of the drink sold at that famous fast food restaurant and realised it's... urgh!" She exclaimed, shuddering in disgust at the thought of the experiment while getting off her bike. She took off her helmet and flicked her hair backwards, tying it into a messy ponytail.  

"Someday, You and I, we're gonna stop that drink from being sold." She said, grabbing her bag. Hyunseung gave a small laugh. "Let's go." She said, and gave her best friend a slap on his back, before running away. 

"Wait up!" Hyunseung called. Shinye turned towards him and smiled cheekily, "Catch up with me, seung!"

 

*