Chapter Two: Lost feelings

Silent Love

 

"You're hurt badly." She said as examined my wound. "I'll need to stitch it up. My mother was a surgeon so stitching wounds up is simple." She informed with pursed her lips and looked at me one last time before leaving the room. She looked sad, it felt like she knew more about me than I thought/ She might know I'm doing this to myself. Should I tell her about my sickness?But I don't want her to touch me.

"Here, take off your shirt." She commanded with her medical kit in her hands. I stood up and took in a breath.

“Don't touch me. I don't want your help. I can just go to the hospital myself.” I hissed and my heels but I felt a tug on my shirt.

“Wait,” She whimpered. “I'm sorry, I just wanted to help. But if you can, please take this jacket and cover your wounds with this.” She said handing me a cotton bundle.

I looked at her and swallowed my saliva. “No, I should be saying sorry instead. I didn't mean to speak so harshly.” I mumbled looking down rubbing the back of my neck.

“It's okay.” She smiled. “Can I atleast come with you to the hospital?' She asked full of hope. I looked at her and nodded as she grinned and slipped on her coat as we headed to the hospital.


As we arrived at the hospital I was greeted by my cousin. “Min Ki ah you look terrible.” He frowned. He was actually my doctor since he was the only one that helped me with my sickness and treated me like a normal boy.

“Hyung, I need your help.” I whimpered with a small smile.

“Min Ki ah, what happened to you?” He asked his voice full of worry.

“It's okay, I just got a small cut that's all. You know how clumsy I can be sometimes.”

His eyes widened as he grabbed by shoulders. “Where are you hurt? Did you cut yourself deep? Why are you hurting yourself again?”

“No, it's from last time. But it didn't really heal that well.”

He pursed his lips. “Come inside.” He said then noticed Yoon Mi. “Oh, are you can come too, er-”

“Yoo Yoon Mi.” She said respectfully with a bow.

“Yes, please come in if you'd like.” My cousin, Dong Jo is a warm person. He's like a big brother to me because he always takes care of me and my problems and he cares about his patients a lot. His smile is so warm that his patients say they feel happy to get a doctor like him. “You just won't stop would you?” He sighed as he cleaned my wounds. I pursed my lips and looked down at the floor. “Answer me, Choi Min Ki.” He hissed.

I shrugged. “Okay okay, I'll try.” I mumbled.

“Min Ki, you need to take care of yourself.” He commanded even thought he knew Yoon Mi could hear our conversation. “Okay, this time you need to take care of your wounds and put medication on them.” He added as he bandaged my wounds. “You really hurt yourself a lot this time. You have to take care of your wounds especially the one on your chest. You don't want that to get infected.” My cousin looked at me. “Next time, don't be a idiot and watch out what you're doing. Don't do anything stupid, you're lucky you're still alive. Don't play around in your life like it's some sort of game. Once you lose it you can't get it back so easily.” I looked at him and nodded.

“Is he okay?” Yoon Mi asked with worry in her voice.

Dong Jo looked atwith with raised eyebrows. “You haven't told her yet?”

I shrugged. “Why does she even have to know?”

“We'll isn't she your girlfriend? I mean, why else would she be here if she wasn't?” He rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Yoon Mi and I looked at each other with widened eyes. “Do we look like a couple to you? Is that how people see us as?” I asked waving my arms in the air.

“He's just my friend.” Yoon Mi squeaked as her cheeks turned slightly pink. “But, what's wrong with him?” She asked trying to change the subject.

“I'm sorry about misunderstanding your relationship.” Dong Jo said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Well it's--”

“Nothing.” I cut in as I grabbed Yoon Mi's hand and left the room muttering a quick “Thanks hyung.”

“Hey, what are you trying to hide Min Ki?” She asked as she tugged her hand away from my grasp.

“I said it was nothing. It's getting late. You should get home.” I said.

“Oh, okay.” She said. “I understand. Thanks for walking me home.” She smiled as he walked towards the opposite direction she stopped in her tracks. “Don't hurt yourself again, please.” She said as she continued towards her house and stepped inside. I watched as her figure disappeared inside her house then looked at my watch. It was already two in the morning. I turned my heels and dashed towards my house.


As I woke up in the morning silence surrounded the air. I liked the silence. But then I suddenly hear the door bell ring through my ears. I stood up feeling my weight transfer to my feet as I walked towards the CCTV. “Yoon Mi?” I asked

“Hi Min Ki, good morning.” She smiled as she entered through the door. “Aren't you ready for school yet? I wanted to go to school with you today.” She paused then frowned. “Are your wounds okay? Did you apply medication and change the bandages yet?”

I looked at her and shook my head. “No, not yet. I'm going to though.” I answered.

“Do you need help?” She asked as she placed her bag on a table.

“No, it's okay. I'll do I myself.” I replied as I left her in the livingroom.

As I finished changing I saw Yoon Mi looking through some photobooks from my childhood. “Let's go.” I said as I pulled her out of her thoughts.

“You were such a cute boy when you were younger.” She grinned. “I bet your parents love you a lot.”

“Hah, don't think that just because that's what you see in the pictures.” I said harshly.

“W-what are you talking about?” She asked confused.

“N-nevermind, forget it. I'm sorry for my words.”

“It's okay.” She mumbled as we walked towards our school in silence.

                                                                                                      



School was noisy as usual, I sent Yoon Mi ahead of me so that she won't become an outcast at school because she was seen with me. “You can go before me. I'll catch up with you later.” Yoon Mi looked at me with a puzzled face then walked away.

When I entered the school it was the same hell as usual, the worst it that there was a winter festival coming soon which is by far the worst day ever. The whole day Yoon Mi keep coming to me for different questions and all the other girls were just giving her cold glares but she seemed not to care about what they thought about her.

"Min Ki...will you lend me your English book I think I left mine at home" I gave her my book as she smiled at me and said her thanks with a warm smile. "She got Min Ki's textbook." A female student mumbled but Yoon Mi didn't pay any heed.

I was a bit worried because she's the only friend I have but of course I won't admit it but I accepted it inside my heart. I was not even looking at her and I was being so cold towards her  that if I was blizarrd she would have been frozen due to my coldness but still girls were being rude to her. That upsetted me the most.

“Min Ki do you want to eat lunch together?” She smiled as I scoffed.

"I think you don't like living a normal life, do you? You're a strange one." I said making eye contact with her.

"Huh?" She asked confused.

"I mean you want something special to happen with you being your own enemy right.”

She looked at me as I stood up. “What you mean?"

"Okay if you want it that much." I grabbed her wrist and took her to the roof. "See Yoon Mi....I know you want to be my friend but I don't want you around okay. I think you just want to be with me cause you think am handsome and cool like other girls think. You will be famous without me trust me you don't need to hangout with me.You will be in trouble if you do.” I hissed. Yoon Mi was silent for a while, she just kept staring at the ground. “Yoon Mi.” I said firmly. I suddenly saw droplets of water falling onto the cement. As I opened my mouth she interrupted me.

"I am not here to be famous. I don't think you are handsome. I don't like to hangout with you because you're handsome,” She breathed. “I just want to be a friend who will support you in odd times and who you can depend onto, you have different thoughts about my actions.” Her words made me numb ,I stood still at my place I have no strength now to talk. She swept her tears and looked at me "I thought you were alone like me. I thought you were tired of people like me, using you always.” She tried to hold back her tears but she couldn't."I'm so sorry I won't bother you anymore." She turned away.

Not a word slipped out my mouth. I just watched her retreat away from me with tears running down her face. I don't get myself why I am so scared of letting people into my life. Why am I so cold and cruel?It's upsetting me. I want Yoon Mi to be my friend again.



Yoon Mi POV


I never knew this would have happened. He would think of me like this, from the day one I was sincere,I tried my best to be a good friend and gain his trust. Maybe I was just trying too hard to get a new friend. I can't believe he doesn't remember me from before.

*Flash back*

"Yah! Little girl what are you doing here! Get back here!" The gardner was chasing after her cause she once again was stealing the flowers from this big garden near the park. "Eh!! You're so fast Yoon Mi.” He she said to her.

She laughed, “Ajusshi, sorry but I can't stop doing this." she said loudly while running then she tripped pver her own two feet and fell on her knees.

“Now no one can save you from me today." The garder said almost catching her before a boy's voice caught his attention.

"Ajusshi!" He screamed getting the gardener's attention waving a bouquet of flowers around.

"You little bastard.” He said through gritted teeth.

The boy looked at Yoon Mi and screamed. "Run miss, run now!" he himself ran in opposite direction.

Yoon Mi got up and bolted but she was still hurt from the fall so unfortuanly she got caught. She was being scolded and lectured by the Gardner ajusshi.

"Here, take your flowers!”That boy came back again and hand over the flowers to Yoon Mi. She looked shocked

"There you are Choi Min Ki," The old man breathed, “Your Mom put so much effort into bringing these flowers. Why did you do that?”

After a pause the boy smiled. "Because I liked how she was running and laughing also you were scolding her when she was injured. So I plucked the followers. Sorry!" He said bowing at a 90 degree angle.

The old man patted his back gently "Silly boy! I won't hurt your friend, and it will be good if you don't hurt my friends too." Yoon Mi looked down to her flower bunch "Choi Min Ki" She smiled ,”You're my first friend.”



I wish he would've said somehting to stop me from leaving. I really want him to be my friend. I wonder where did that Min Ki went. I used to know. I slammed the door behind me and cleaned my wet eyes Maybe he's lost somewhere, or maybe he is not him.

I rushed to my classroom. Many eyes were glaring at me and many harsh comments were made but I was not listening to them, or maybe I really didn't care about them cause I was living this way for a while. Others don't try to approach anyone now because by being with Min Ki I've lost my place among girls I thought I could be friends with.

I just wanted to hurry and leave this place for today cause I am so embarrassed right now "Did he turn down her confession?" I heard girls snickering. "She's not even pretty. How can someone like him like her? She sure was trying to be around him stupid girl." I don't care what they think but what Min Ki think it was hurting for me .I don't know how I reached home but he really did hurt my pride by saying I was like the other girls.