Chapter three:There you are...!!

Silent Love


Min Ki'sPOV

                          I haven't seen Yoon Mi around much after that day she was avoiding me, she never look at me, never try to talk to me, she became an outcast  and I was even more depressed, "Should I do it?" I keep thinking but then something stopped me and I put the blade down. **I hope you won't do anything like this to you again"** it's her ,her voice  keep echoing in in my head till I finally disposed off that blade safely .did I told you guys my problem ???
   *                

 I am HIV positive  .It's not my fault that I got it ,but if this secret get out in public I think my life will become  even more worse .I got it when I lost a lot of blood in an accident when I was in  elementary school , some careless doctor attached this unchecked  blood packet immediately  to my wrist and there it was I got this dreadful thing in me.I tried to live properly doing my best and carrying this deathly gift with me to my end but my dad think I am even more troublesome for him now, first my face and now am sick and its not just some sickness it's HIV,  I started to skip my family gatherings and stuff and  avoided my school friends they tried their best to be with me but I can't let anyone to know my secret and hate me so I bid them farewell nicely and transferred to other place ,I hate when Dad and Mom quarrel about something related to me ,I stopped asking for things I tried my best to keep peace between them but I guess this business marriage won't work anymore now, cause Mom is lying in hospital and dad is no where to be found ,Me a horrible person and Yoon Mi won't come back to me anymore .I guess I deserve it ,I should not hurt myself anymore cause am not sure what will happen to me soon. In no time summer passed and now winter was on it way red ,yellow ,orange leaves scattered on the stoned path of my house were telling me that I really lost a friend and she won't be talking  with me anymore .

  *
It was winter  now and its snowy that day ,when mom came back to home I was happy inside to see her but I never showed her my happiness."Seo yeon! are you eating well these days?" she asked me something I never heard from since last five months .I looked down and nodded "My son ........!! "she smiled weakly ,it hurts to see her sad and weak ."I asked nurse Oh to send someone to help me she said she know someone who know enough about medical  and that person can help me with house work too." she lied down in her bed ."That's good if you keep someone with you." I replied.

*
 * DING DONG**The door bell rang  ."I am going to see who it is Mom " I left .On my way down the stairs I looked out of the big window by the side of stairs I saw a girl's figure standing by the door .Her hoody was covering her head and she was rubbing her hands over her arms while waiting for the door to be opened." Who is it ?" I asked as I looked in the Camera .I froze at my place for a moment "It was Yoon Mi." she must be  trembling when she heard my voice .I hurriedly opened the door " Yoon Mi" I nearly shouted .She stood at her place ,she didn't even looked at me ,"Is this Mrs Choi Joon Ho's home?" she was not the Yoon Mi I know ,she was someone else that coldness in her voice was proving my doubts to be right  " Y____e__s"I replied in shock ."Can you please tell her that Nurse Oh send assistant for her"now my limits were reached ,I know I did bad to her but she ...I can't stand it any more "Am sorry Yoon Mi! I take back all I said to you that day ." I looked down ,when our eyes meet there was a great change I saw on her face She was crying. I stood there looking at those sad tears I took a step closer to her and unintentionally I hugged her ,now I can hear her weeping ,She was warm so warm even in this chilling winter .I can smell  sweet ,soft scent of her shampoo .I never felt relieved like this in my  life ."I never thought of using you ever Seo Yeon, I never ever thought about being mean to you." she was saying to me between Hiccups n crying ."I was bad to you am sorry." I said to her softly and she smiled ."Let's go inside now ...Mom is waiting for you" We came inside ."Take of your coat am going to tell mom that your came." I smiled and left she was happy and her happiness can't hide no matter how much she tried to do ."So there you are Yoo Yoon Mi, am glad you came back." 
*
                                   

  "Hi! Am Yoo Yoon Mi.I'll be your assistant here from today onward till you recover from this injury .I hope I'll be useful to you and ,Take care of you well please take care of me ,And I'll try my best" She bowed  90 degree as she introduced herself to mom." Nice to meet you Yoon Mi shii...! " Mom smiled ."Am happy that you are here." I felt glad to see mom smile because after long time she was looking calm and happy dad really caused a lot of trouble for her ,she had to take medication for keeping  her mind peaceful ,she used to scream and cry out loud she never sleep much ,Dad won't come back now I knew that because somewhere in his heart he find himself responsible for her suicide attempt ."Mom! you should rest I'll tell Yoon Mi all stuff or tell Mrs Kim the governess to help her out with stuff." I put blanket over her and she nodded"Okay Yoon Mi shii see you  then" she smiled at her again. "Yes Madam!" Yoon Mi bowed again "Don't call me Madam ..! call me aunt " .Hearing this Yoon Mi paused for sometime "Yes! please call me Yoon Mi." she smiled and turned to me ."Let's go " I opened the door for her."Please Take care of me Yoon Mi."she turned and smiled back at mom who was so happily looking at her. 

**
    Yoon Mi's POV


                           I can't believe that I was standing in front of his door again ,I am so worried how he will react if he see me here? Will he get angry at me again? But nurse Oh said she'll get me a part time job ,I never knew it would be here although i agreed to do this but I never knew that Mrs Choi Joon Ho is Min Ki's mother ,now that I am standing in front of his home I realized what a terrible fate I have .I moved up  the steps to the door but then came back "Should I go?" My mind was not responding me ,once more I tried to rang the bell but my hand stopped before reaching the button "He hate me right?" I was feeling like I should run away but I can't this is only job I got to keep up with my expenses "Am not here to see him ...am here for job,yes! I have a job to do." This time I managed to rang the door bell ."Please Min Ki don't come to open the door"  I prayed with all my heart .I thought I should leave today and come back again tomorrow ,but someone asked "Who is it?" I trembled on hearing the voice cause even if you put me in a dark room where I cannot see a thing, a single thing but if i hear This voice I will recognize it right away even if I lose all of my memory I will still turn when I'll hear this voice it was Min Ki my savior and my first ever friend.The very next moment the door was wide opened and he was standing in front of me calling my name loudly ,I didn't knew how to react so I just stared at ground trying not to look at him ,"What should I ask?? Oh yeah be professional..." I tried not to let him know I was sad cause of his attitude ."Is this Mrs Song Joon Ho's house ?" I pretended that its first time I see him. "Y__e__s" he replied in kinda shocked voice yup he might be shocked seeing me there."I think you just want to be with me cause you think am handsome and cool like other girls think ,you will be famous without me trust me you don't need to hangout with me cause You will be in trouble if you do"That's what he said to me ...I am being close to him cause I want something like ...never mind wait why my eyes ..am crying  to hide this "Can you please tell her that Nurse Oh send assistant for her" I kept looking down ,I waited for his answer but instead I hear his apology ,I was so shocked now even if I try not to cry it will be useless cause I looked up at him and "I got busted" he knew it that I was crying .I don't know from where did it come but before I knew it he was hugging me tightly like he was really regretting what he said to me that day ,I started crying a bit louder and he was comforting me my bad I felt I will faint but I didn't casue I have someone who won't let me faint "Min Ki" the one who'll put himself in bad situation just to keep me from being scolded the one who'll pluck the treasured flowers his mother brought just to divert the attention of someone who was going to scold me badly.I was happy it was him .I started to tell him all of my thoughts and in no time I made him feel horrible for hurting me .
 *                                 

Mrs Choi is extremely good person she greeted me warmly despite of her sickness she is a polite person .I was very happy cause I was once more able to see my friend .Is he just friend for me or.... no no no it can't happen ,He is my only friend and I'll treasure this relation.
                                                      *****************************************

Min Ki's POV


"So! Yoon Mi..!! what you think about studying for exams together .Am really bad at English you know." I sat beside her while she was writing some thing about some Disease that she was spreading awareness for ."Okay I'll teach you ...! " she didn't looked up from her work " But...... " she looked up at me in a funny way "You always score best in English ...without trying ? Is it possible?" I laughed at her question ."But still I think i need to study ," I bend to look at her note ,I felt shocked very shocked she was writing about HIV ."Why are you writing about this disease?" I asked her hurriedly .She didn't replied for sometime ,I asked her again this time my tune was very rude .She turned and looked at me with unpredictable expressions was she hurt or was she smiling.I don't get it ,"Min Ki! why are you peeking at my stuff?"  she hide her written note from me ."Tell me ?" I want to hear something from her something  like her thoughts .A long pause and no reply "Yoon Mi !!" I was feeling terrible but she spoke up "I think it's not mostly people's fault who have it ,I think these people deserve sympathy and hope ,support .But it's horrible ,scary and ....and I don't wanna see people dying in front of me cause of it anymore ,I'd rather run away from those  people and never see them " she said rudely and got up leaving me hating myself once more ."I am going " I said in my same old cold tune and left I felt she turned to look at me but i don't care anymore she want to run away either way when she'll come to know about me .I can see she like me she confess it or not it's better to maintain a distance from start and prevent her to develop feelings towards me cause she is gonna hurt in the end ...............yeah In the end .
   **                             

   "Min Ki! you wanna come to the park with me this Christmas eve .I heard there is a show or something ."She was on phone asking "Will you go?" When I didn't reply her she asked me again ."I don't know" I put my phone down ."Min Ki was it Yoon Mi?" Mom was sitting right next to me .I nodded "What she was saying?" now I don't know what to say her "She wants me to go to park with her tomorrow evening ."I replied ."You should go then It's good for you ." she smiled "But I don't want to mom ......." I looked at my phone ."She is a good girl you should not let her be alone all by herself of christmas." mom was teasing me now ." Mom.........!! I can't just  be more close to her we are just fine the way we are now,Friends " I got up and was about to leave when mom held my hand "Min Ki ! don't make yourself and outcast dear ,It hurts me " this time she has tears instead of smile it really hurt  to see her crying ."Mom ...! don't be like this ,I don't deserve to be with someone as good as her am just a burden and nothing more ." I left the lounge and went to my room lying on my bed drowned somewhere in the darkness of my room "I think it's not mostly people's fault who have it ,I think these people deserve sympathy and hope ,support .But it's horrible ,scary and ....and I don't wanna see people dying in front of me cause of it anymore ,I'd rather run away from  those people and never see them ".Her words echoed in my mind ."So you think like this ,without knowing how it feels to carry this deathly gift ."I smiled ."I'd rather run away from those people and never see them "so you won't see someone like me cause you hate it .....you are cruel Yoo Yoon Mi...Very cruel .
**

Yoo Yoon Mi's POV
             

                                       Why is he angry with me again? he didn't showed up at Christmas as its winter break I can't go to school .Where is He? I went to his home mostly  like every day I didn't saw him there either ,Is he out of town ? or did he went somewhere to spend his holidays .It's been 15 days now I haven't seen him .I go to his room like everyday for cleaning up it still feel that he was here few hours ago but not now ,His cologne smell  is still fresh there like he just put it on sometime ago,his guitar seem like he just put it in the corner a moment ago after playing it  the bed sheet is bit untidy like he was just lying here sometime ago but now there is no sign of him ."Ahh Aunt! Do you know where is Min Ki?" I asked her finally .She smiled brightly as usual "He went away to country side his some friend live there." she was knitting a sweater ." Ahh okay ..!" I don't know what to say anymore ."I'll be going now ..if you need anything just give me a call I live nearby so I'll come okay .Take care"I bowed and opened the door "Yoon Mi!" Mrs Choi called my name in a strangely worried tune "Y...es" I turned and saw she was really worried her peaceful smile was gone." what happened?" I ran to her." How you feel about Min Ki?" I don't know how to answer her this question "What you mean? I think he is a good guy." I try to smile ."Really? "  her smile came back .I nodded "You don't think he is odd or cold ....somewhat like a burden " I was so surprised to hear her but to be honest I think I really care about him more than anyone else, to me he is so important my only family after mom died ,How to say it but somewhere inside me I want to be with him always ."He might look cold but I think he is a very warm person inside ." I replied and Mrs Choi smiled more brightly ."Thank you for your  nice and good thoughts ...he has changed him a lot .You can go now  "she went back to her work.But her questions and her face keep bothering me for next whole week and even after a whole week he was missing .
   **                        

"Finally its Saturday ." I jumped out of my bed and ran to get fresh its so cold here temperature was below zero degree ,I have to go and see Mrs Song as she and her maids were only people at their huge home .I put all my stuff in my bag and hung it around my shoulder "Let's go we have to go out today." I opened the door of my house as i stepped out I saw someone familiar ,It was Dong Jo shi "Annoyoung ! Yoon Mi shi.." He smiled "Annoyoung hiseyo ! Dong Jo shii ...how are you doing?" I smiled back and bowed to greet him ."Can we talk a little ...Are you going to Min Ki's house?" .I nodded "Yeah am going there ." He turned around and walked to his car "Get in I'll drop you there we'll talk on the way." no am fine it's not far from here I can walk there ..." I hesitated a little ."Okay let's walk " he smiled warmly again ."So what you want to talk about?" I asked him seriously ."Hmm..it's bit complicated to tell you ."he looked at me as I get more curious " Then make it a bit simple " I replied calmly but inside I was worried .When he didn't replied I get even more worried "What is it about?" I asked after sometime."It's about Min Ki." now my concern was hard to hide "What happened is he okay? Please tell me...What about him? Did he hurt himself again.Tell me ?" I stood there staring hard at him ."You ....anyway Is there something you want to tell me ?" He looked straight at me ."Like what?"I was confused."Like about your life,He is your friend right " he sat on the wooden bench nearby "I am not getting what you exactly want to ask or to tell me." I stood infront of him." I saw you working in hospital and doing work for HIV patients ,You seem to care about these people a lot ,You work for other patients too but your focus are AIDS patients why?" He was very serious and he saw me there I have no choice left but to tell him.So I sat beside him "You know ....I was a victim ,;ike I don't have it but my mom does so I have it's affect ",He jumped in surprise "What you mean?" I took a deep breath ,it was fog around me cold and dead ....He was dragging me into the past my hard past and painful one ,I felt the cold air around me stabbing my heart and letting all the blood out "My Mom...................She....Died of ..HIV." no matter how much I try the pain brought tears to my eyes."She suffered ...she was a doctor ,she cured people but ...she got sick herself ,After dad and Joon she was my only family .I saw her getting thinner neglected by others ,People blaming her character ,Making her outcast " I started crying ."People said us to leave the town my mom grew there, she cared about their health and well being more then her own daughter's .I still remember she work late at hospital and come back home late I want to spend time with her but she say "Yoon Miah ! Umma will be with you always right now God made me guardian angel of people on earth so I have to look after them too " I never complained her that why she never come to parents meeting at school cause I know she is a hero saving lives ,but why people make her life living hell when she need their sympathy and kindness ."there was a river of tears flowing from my eyes ."Here.......!" He gave me tissues "Wipe your tears .Am sorry I shouldn't have asked you about it but it's important for me to know you ." He sat straight up ."Min Ki....he take you as a friend its been long he had a friend ,Three years ago he had a whole bunch of firends like all other teenagers but now see he is all alone ."He rubbed his hands and put them in his long coat pockets ."Three years ago he got into an accident and he was brought to hospital in a very serious condition he lost so much blood that it was hard for him to survive ,I don't know what happened but it was definitely because of some jealous boys ,you know he is quiet gifted with looks and other qualities so girls always trying to get close to him as he was quiet kind back then ,he used to smile a lot I miss his smile too sometime ,So .." he was telling me about Min Ki and my heart feel like its even more hurting ,Just because he was good looking they hurt him and beat him ." He was so serious so some doctor hurriedly gave him untested blood ." My heart stopped beating I felt like I won't be in my senses anymore,He paused ..."You okay Yoon Mi shi?" she put his hand over my shoulder ."I try to nod but I can't I just looked at him with teary eyes I can see his blurry image "You okay?" he held my wrist "Ye...s!" I finally spoke ."I think you should go to home and rest " He helped me to get up but I just stepped back "Tell me what happened to Min Ki?" TELL ME ...!"I didn't knew that I was being a bit rude ."He ....Got ...HIV.It's been three years he 's carrying it in his body .He made himself an outcast he never come to hospital he say "It's useless to get close to people when you are going to leave them with pain ,He said that he don't wanna hurt you so it's better not to let you get closer so he is hiding from you ." I don't think I can stay up at my feet anymore I just remember that I felt a pain in my head and then all was dark..."Yoon Mi...!there you are ...."I heard him.
                                                             ***********