100 Days With You

Our Beautiful Love

 

 

It was their 100 days anniversary and they were spending it by Cheonggyecheon Stream. They were quietly enjoying the moment when Luhan says, “Since it’s our 100 days anniversary I think she should celebrate with a kiss.”

“Ommo!” Sa-rang expresses. “Yah~ you seemed so innocent. You fooled me with that baby face of yours, but you’re still a guy.”

“Can’t I kiss my girlfriend?” he asks with his trademark smile.

“NO! Holding hands is the only skinship you’re allowed until there’s a ring on this finger.”

“If that’s the case then..” Luhan reaches into his pocket and pulls out a promise ring. “This isn’t your engagement ring because it’s not ready yet, but in the mean time wear this promise ring.”

Sa-rang smiles. The ring is so beautiful, simple yet elegant. There’s a small bow in the middle made out of tiny aquamarines. She reaches for the ring and puts it on.

“I see how guys look at you and they have to know that you’re not available.” He says with a proud look on his face, “Ok now I deserve a kiss!”

“Hey! Just because you gave me promise ring doesn’t mean you deserve a kiss.”

“Agh ok,” Luhan turns completely towards Sa-rang, takes her hand and says, “Will you marry me Sa-rang?”

“No” she says flat out.

“No?”

“I see your intentions and I say ‘no’.” Sa-rang had grown fond of teasing since she started dating Luhan.

“What intentions?” He says with a chuckle.

“You’re only proposing because you want to kiss me.”

“I had this planned before any of that!” He says defensively, “I was just teasing with the kiss. Although that would be nice.”

“I think you’re lying~” she singsongs as she continues teasing.

“You tease me, I will tease you.” She thinks to herself.

 

“I’m not!” Luhan is laughing at the unbelievable situation.

“For now I say ‘no’. Ask me again when you really mean it.” She says while crossing her arms.

“Ok” after a few seconds Luhan asks, “Will you please marry me?”

“No!”

“But I really mean it!”

 

~~

 

“Hang up, you have to sleep.” Says Sa-rang, “I know you’re tired.”

“I’m not tired.” Luhan says in a sleepy voice. “I want to talk to you. We didn’t get to talk today.”

They had already been talking for about an hour on the phone and Luhan was really tired. He was so busy with school he didn’t get a chance to see Sa-rang at all that day.

“We’re going to see each other tomorrow.”

“That’s too long from now.” He says.

“Yes but you have to sleep.” She didn’t wan to hang up on him. It felt too cruel. Besides she wanted to talk to him too, but she also wanted him to rest.

“Ok then sing to me and then I’ll sleep.” He says.

“What!? No!” she says. Luhan knew how shy Sa-rang could get and he just loved pushing her to the limit.

In a singsong voice he says, “That’s the only way I’ll hang up.”

Aish Luhan~.” she whines. “Why do you tease me~? Why don’t you act your age?”

“Because its fun.”

“What if I come up with something else?”

“Like what?” he asks.

“I don’t know..let me think.”

“It has to be good.” Again he teases her for his amusement.

“Ok I think I got it.” She says.

“Remember if I don’t like it. I won’t hang up and you have to sing for me.”

“Luhan go to sleep because…wo ai ni.”

While they had plans for marriage; but those words had not appeared in their vocabulary before. Those words, although meaningless just a few months ago, but he had come to realize how beautiful they could feel.

All of a sudden Luhan was no longer sleepy. He sits up and smiles.

“Say it again.” He says.

Wo ai ni.”

 

~~

 

She sends a text.

“I know you’re studying, but have you eaten?”

He responds.

“Not yet.”

She replies.

“Ok I’ll take you some food.”

 

School was keeping Luhan a little too busy. They hardly saw or talked to each other. Sa-rang had realized how attached she had grown to Luhan. She was missing him.

The butterflies were not as intense as they were in the beginning. Their relationship had grown to one of caring for each other selflessly.

She worried about him. Has he eaten? Is he getting enough sleep? She wanted to protect and care for him as much as possible.

“Is this ‘the motherly instinct’ that everyone is always talking about?” she thought to herself. It was a new feeling that she had never experienced before until Luhan came into her life.

She had always thought that having a family could be burdensome, but surprisingly enough she didn’t mind the idea anymore.