Some Kind of Wonderful

Our Beautiful Love

A month later

 

Text from Luhan.

"Good morning

Did you sleep well?"

Sa-rang smiles at the message she just received.

"Neh~

How about you?"

A few seconds after sending the message her phone starts ringing.

 

“Hello?” she answers.

“I didn’t want to wake you with my call, but now I know you’re up.” He smiles through the phone

“Did you already eat?” she asks.

“Not yet.”

“Come over, we’ll have breakfast together. I’ll tell my mom to make extra.”

They hang up and Luhan finishes getting ready and starts making his way to Sa-rang’s house. He arrives after twenty minutes or so and let’s himself in.

“Good morning omonim” He says to Mrs. Park.

“Good morning Luhan. Have a seat.”

Luhan sits down while Mrs. Park is setting the table and calls out to Sa-rang.

“I’m almost done!” Sa-rang yells.

“This girl. She’s always so slow in the mornings. She’s going to take a while. Go ahead and start eating Luhan.”

“No it’s ok I’ll wait for Sa-rang.” He says.

“Believe me, she’s going to take a while. Don’t be shy, go ahead and eat.” Mrs. Park insists.

Neh, chalmokesumnida.” Luhan says as he starts eating.

Sa-rang finally comes down and only has minutes to eat.

“We have to go before we’re late.” Sa-rang says to Luhan.

“Sa-rang. Eat. You can't go to school without eating breakfast.” says her mom.

“Don’t worry. I’ll eat this on our way to school.”

“Make sure not to skip lunch." Mrs. Park says sharply, "Luhan make sure she eats.”

“Yes I will.” He responds.

“And give me the key to your house. I’ll take some food later.” she says.

“You don’t have to. I have enough.” Luhan didn't want to bother Mrs. Park.

“Don’t lie to me young man. I’m your mother now and I want my kids to be well fed.”

Luhan can only smile.

“Doctors have to eat well because lives depend on them.”

Mrs. Park was a strong women, but yet so caring. Exactly how a mother should be.

Neh omonim. Kamsamnida.”

 

~~

 

It’s almost one in the morning and Sa-rang is tossing and turning trying to go to sleep, but thoughts of Luhan invade her mind and she smiles like a fool.

“How am I supposed to sleep with these butterflies in my stomach?” She thinks to herself.

A few minutes later she receives a text.

It’s Luhan.

"Are you sleeping?"

She smiles at the message and replies.

"I can’t sleep."

He replies.

"Is this why you wake up late?"

She answers.

"Yes.

This is all your fault you know."

Luhan answers back.

"My fault? How is it my fault?"

Sa-rang answers.

"I'll tell you why next time. What are you doing up?"

He answers.

"I'm studying, but I was thinking of you too much so I decided to take a break."

Sa-rang can only smile as she reads the text.

Their chat lasts for about an hour before Luhan wishes her a good night.

 

~~

 

Luhan is waiting for Sa-rang at their regular spot.

She looks really pretty with the sundress she’s wearing and her long brown hair blowing in the wind.

Luhan notices she’s turning a few heads and feels uneasy. She reaches the bench and Luhan says, “You seem to have a few admirers.”

“Really, I haven’t noticed.” She replies.

“I don’t like it.” He says while furrowing his eyebrows, “I’m going to have to walk you to class everyday. I don't want someone snatching you away from me.”

“Stop exaggerating.” She says with a smile. She knew he was kidding. Luhan hardly ever got mad, but she liked the thought that he was a little jealous.