I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Our Beautiful Love

 

AN: I really liked this one. Hope you all like it too~ ^^

 


 

Luhan and Sa-rang are walking together as they always did after finishing school for the day. They reach her house and Luhan says goodbye. Sa-rang stands there for a few seconds watching him walk away as she always did; it had become somewhat of a custom, she’s waiting for him to turn around and when he finally does they both wave goodbye.

 

“You got yourself a good boyfriend. Rich and handsome.” She hears.

Sa-rang never really liked her landlady. She was always so nosy.

“Thank you, but how do you know he’s rich?” Sa-rang asks.

“Aigoo he paid a years rent for you.”

“He what?”

“Don’t let him go.” The landlady continues talking while she’s cleaning, “Those type of men don’t come around.”

“Excuse me. I have to go.”

Sa-rang is rushing home while coming up with questions in her mind. When she finally reaches her doorstep she rushes in and yells, “Mom!?…Mom!”

“What is it? What’s the problem?” Her mom asks in a worried tone.

“Is it true?”

“What is?” Her mom is confused.

“Luhan is paying our rent?”

“We told the landlady to keep it a secret.”

“So it’s true?”

“Luhan paid for a years rent so that I could pay for your school.” Her mother finally says.

“And you let him?”

“I didn’t want to, but I only had enough saved up for a year of university.”

“Mom he may be my boyfriend, but I don’t want him to think we’re taking advantage of him.”

“I understand.” Her mother says with an embarrassed face, “I feel the same, but he insisted. Be happy I got it down for a year. He wanted to pay for all four years of university!”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me?”

“Yes. I told him I was going to pay him back. He insisted not to, but I will.” Mrs. Park says in a reassuring tone.

“Good.” Says Sa-rang, “I’m going out.”

“Are you going to tell Luhan? He told me not to tell you.”

Sa-rang doesn’t respond, gathers her things, and walks outside.

 

She gets a hold of Luhan and tells him to meet at the neighborhood playground.

 

She’s sitting on a swing when he arrives. He says hello, but she just tells him to sit on the swing next to hers.

They’re sitting in silence, but this wasn’t uncommon. It seems as though their relationship was based on silence. However, this silence was lasting longer than usual. Finally Luhan grows curious and asks, “Are you mad at me or something? You seem quiet.”

“Luhan.” She finally says, “I really appreciate what you’re doing, but you’re spending too much money on us. It makes me feel uncomfortable.”

“So you found out?” He asks, “Don’t get mad. I’m just practicing my future role as a husband.”

Sa-rang must have looked surprised because Luhan says, “Why are you so surprised? You know we’re going to get married.”

“Are we getting married?” she thinks to herself. It was still hard to believe that this gorgeous man was going to be her husband.

“Yes Sa-rang we’re getting married.” He answers.

She’s in shock because it’s as if he’s reading her mind.

“How did you..” she starts asking.

“I know what you’re thinking. It’s obvious.” He says with a mischievous smile, “If it makes you feel better we can do this. You can support me while I’m still going to school. Because you know that’s going to take a while.” The cutest smile forms on his face. That smile was Sa-rang’s weakness.

“Come on don’t be mad.” He says.

“That’s not fair.” She says as she turns the opposite direction on her swing, “You always do that so I don’t get mad you.”

“Do what?” he asks although knowing the answer, “You can’t stay mad at me.”

Aigoo” she sighs, gets up, and starts walking away. Luhan smiles and starts walking after her. At that moment she feels an odd yet warm feeling in her hand. It’s something that she had not experienced before. It felt strange yet so right. She looks down towards her hand and sees that Luhan is holding her hand.

“We’ve been together for 97 days. I think I’m allowed to hold my girlfriends hand.”

Sa-rang has to turn away because she’s smiling like a fool. Luhan notices and smiles while keeping his sight straight ahead.

They walk hand in hand and although it still feels a little odd, but it’s a wonderful feeling she doesn’t want to end.