Bliss

Our Beautiful Love

 

AN: The long awaited first chapter is here!

I hope you all like it^^


 

 

“Congratulations Sa-rang~!” Ju-ah says. “How long has it been now?”

 

Five years earlier

 

“So are you going to marry me?” Luhan asks.

“That’s it? That’s your proposal?” Sa-rang raises an eyebrow, “You didn’t even try to make it special!”

“I’ve made it special before!” he exclaims.

 

A year plus earlier

 

“I’m nervous.” Sa-rang whispers, “What if I fall or something and embarrass myself in front of him?” her eyes widen as all these possibilities run through her head.

Aigoo Sa-rang, you two have been dating for two months now and you’re still shy?” asks Ju-ah.

“That’s exactly why. We’re dating now. I don’t want him to think I’m a klutz or a loser.”

“You’re right, he might come to his senses and dump you.”

Ju-ah was the only one that got away with teasing Sa-rang. They’ve known each other so long that Sa-rang was immune to all the teasing Ju-ah threw her way.

“Sometimes I can’t believe he’s my boyfriend. He’s so gorgeous!” Sa-rang exclaims.

The girls are too busy whispering they don’t hear Sa-rang’s name being called.

“Park Sa-rang!” the teacher finally yells.

“Neh?” Sa-rang responds and realizes she is next in receiving her diploma. She gets up and starts walking towards the front of the class.

Her teacher says, “Still talking even on your graduation.”

“This is so embarrassing!” She thinks to herself. She turns towards where Luhan is and sees him smiling. “I can’t believe he saw me getting scolded.” She feels her face turn red and accepts the diploma from her teacher and walks back to her seat. Ju-ah is trying her best not to laugh at the situation and Sa-rang is embarrassed, she just sits in silence.

The ceremony finishes and the students meet up with their family members. Sa-rang is congratulated by her mother and Luhan.

“My beautiful daughter has finally graduated! I no longer have a baby.” Her mom says.

“Mom. Please don’t embarrass me.” Sa-rang pleads her mother.

“Congratulations Sa-rang.” Luhan says as he hands over a bouquet of beautiful alstroemerias, Sa-rang’s favorite flower.

“They’re so pretty! Thank you.”

“We have to get going before we’re too late for our reservation,” he says.

“Luhan did you make plans without telling us again?” Mrs. Park asks.

“I’m sorry, but I wanted it to be a surprise.” He says, “And this is a special occasion.”

“You have to save your money,” Says Mrs. Park, “You’re spoiling Sa-rang too much.”

“I’m not doing much.” He says shyly.

“The only way I can forgive you is if we treat you when you graduate.” Mrs. Park says with a smile.

Neh Mrs. Park.” Luhan smiles back.

“And don’t call me Mrs. Park. Call me omonim.”

Neh omonim.”

 

~~

 

A week after graduation Sa-rang and Luhan are at the airport.

“I’m going to miss you Ju-ah. I can’t believe we’re going to be separated for all these years.” Sa-rang starts to tear up. Ju-ah was her long time friend and now she was leaving for the States.

“Don’t you dare cry!,” Ju-ah says.

“I’m sorry I can’t help it. It’s going to be a long time before we see each other again.”

“Well~ get married soon so you can see me again.” Ju-ah says with a big smile, “But make sure you get married when I’m on vacation that way I can come to your wedding.”

Sa-rang and Luhan look at each other and smile shyly.

Yah” Sa-rang says softly.

A few seconds later they hear Ju-ah’s flight being announced over the loudspeaker.

“Ok well I have to go now.”

They get up from their seats and Ju-ah starts gathering her luggage.

"Here let me help you with that." says Luhan as he takes her luggage.

"Thank you oppa." Ju-ah responds.

"You're welcome." Luhan was always well mannered and helpful.

"Ok this is it." Ju-ah says as she turns towards Sa-rang. The girls give each other one last hug before walking towards the gate. Ju-ah hands over her passport and ticket to the attendant and is given the signal to continue.

She walks in but stops and turns around.

“Take care Sa-rang and oppa take care of Sa-rang. If you don’t you’ll be hearing from me.”

“I will.” he says.

She waves one last time and continues walking.

And just like that a chapter ends and a new one begins for Sa-rang.

As Sa-rang and Luhan start making their way back home from the airport their walk is silent. But then the silence is broken by Luhan who says, “I decided to move close to where you live so we can walk to school together.”

Sa-rang was accepted into Yang University as well, majoring in psychology. They were in different departments, but in the same school.

“You don’t have to do that.” She responds. Although she really did want him to move closer, but for some reason she had become shy about expressing her thoughts.

“You don’t want me to move close to you?” he asks.

“That’s not it.”

“You’ve become shy since I became your boyfriend.” He leans in and is only inches away from her face. Her eyes widen and she blushes, “You have to show that you care or I might start thinking you don’t like me.” He says.

Sa-rang doesn’t know where to look. “I’m sorry I’m still new to all of this. I’ve never had a boyfriend before.”

“Haha” he laughs, “You’re so cute.” He says as he ruffles her hair.

“Yes it would be nice if you moved closer” she says in a hushed tone.

“I’m sorry, what did you say? I couldn’t hear you?” Luhan was giving Sa-rang a hard time just for his amusement.

“I said I want you to move closer to us.”

“Well if that’s what you want.” He smiles.

Sa-rang can only scoff and smile at his cuteness. They continue walking, and silence falls over them again.

Luhan wants to hold her hand, but the opportunity doesn’t seem to present itself too easily. In spite of what he said earlier, he’s shy himself.

 


AN: Don't be shy! Let me know what you think so far^^