Six: Confession

Melting a Frozen Heart

Minhyuk POV:

I put the tin box back on my desk and sit down on my chair. For a moment I was immobile, what Kina said about love struck me hard in the chest. I sigh and ruffle through my hair, "Damn...this is gonna be harder than I thought." I murmur. I place my hands on my desk and look back at the tin box. Everything was going so well until she saw the last photo. How am I going to confess to her when she's being so stubborn?! I thought. I sigh again, and place my head on my desk.

I hear a knock on my door knowing it was probably Kina, "Minhyuk oppa..." she says through the door, "I'm sorry, but I have to go back to study. Thank you for showing me the photos. I want to hear more stories from you someday...." she waits for me to respond, but I was too tired to answer. When she hears nothing from me, she quietly says, "Well, I'm going to go. Oh! And thank you for the hot chocolate too. It was really good, well anyways, bye-bye." Her footsteps softly leave the hall to my room and I hear her put on her coat and boots to go out the door.

When I heard the door open, I suddnenly bolt from my desk to catch her before she leaves, 

"Kina!" I shout.

She jumps for a bit and turns back to me. "Don't scare me like that! God, I might get a heart attack!" she says to me. I walk closer to her to where I was almost a foot away from her. She back up slowly, only to have her back against the door, "Yo, you alright? What are you doing?" she asks nervously. I walk a few more inches closer to her and look at her straight in her eyes,

"How long are you going to be like this Kina?" I ask.

A terrified and puzzled expression appeared on her face, "Be like what?" she asks as she clutches onto the door knob tightly, "Yah, stop trying to scare me, or I will punch you in the face!" she threatens me, but I didn't care. I walk closer, and stop at a point where our bodies were merely inches away from each other. I place my hand over her hand that was holding the doorknob,

"Let it go Kina." I say gently. She doesn't budge, "I said...let it go." I repeat.

I put my hand away when she slowly lossens her grip on the doorknob and places it back to her side.

"Yah Minhyuk oppa what's wrong with you? Why are you suddenly like this?" she asks. I look into her eyes and didn't answer. For a moment neither one of us said anything to each other. Silence filled up the atmosphere as the tension between us began to rise. She averts her eyes to the floor and breaks the silence, "Minhyuk oppa..." she murmurs. I slowly place my arms around her short body and pull her towards me. My heart was beating a hundred times a minute, but I didn't care,

"Kina...when will you let it go?" I ask her again. I could feel her body tense up when she heard this question.

"Let what go?"

"Let go of the idea that love is a lie." I answer. I release her from my grasp and look back into her eyes, "Are you going to keep pretending that you hate this world and continue to close yourself off? Are you going to keep ignoring those who try to reach out to you?" I interogate her, but she says nothing. Her eyes though, began to form tears while her body begins to shake.

She pushes away my hands that were resting on her shoulders, "Why are you saying these things to me? What if I told you that I'm not pretending and I firmly believe it's a lie! It's all A FREAKING LIE!" she yells, with tears now streaming down her face, "You don't understand! Ever since my parents got divorced, I've only seen it fail! I will NEVER be like that! I will NEVER let anyone hurt me the way my father hurt my mother! I will NEVER let myself be misguided by anyone, even if I do like them! I will shut myself away until I die!" she screams in my face. She grabs the doorknob and flings the door open, turning her back on me.

"You'll never understand Minhyuk oppa... you just don't get it." she mumbles softly.

"Kina...this is probably a bad time to say this, but I have something to tell you." I say.

She turns her head to me, "What is it?" she asks. I take a deep breath before I speak, building up all the courage I could to say it right,

"If I told you that I love you, will you change your mind then?"