Chapter 2

UnMemorized

After getting out from Taehyung's big house, Hoseok took his hands and brought him to the city. When Taehyung saw the scenery he never saw before, he was clearly amazed. His eyes and mouth widened, saying 'wow...' again and again. 

Then they arrived at the center of the city.

"Hoseok, where are we?" Taehyung asked, scanning his surroundings.

Hoseok chuckled and Taehyung's hair.

"We just came here yesterday. How can you forget?" He said. "This is the center of the city. And in a few miles we will arrive at a large market place."

Taehyung nodded, a little embarassed with his stupid question before. He didn't realize the people that were looking at them. 

"Look at them.... Don't you think they're really handsome?"

"Yes.... I never saw them before..., yet they were so handsome."

Taehyung felt chills on his body because of their stare. He approached his body closer to Hoseok, as if he's a little puppy asking for protection.

"Hoseok, why are they staring at us?"

Hoseok saw Taehyung's reaction and turned towards the girls on the other side of the street. When the girls (who talked about them) caught Hoseok's eyes, they immediately bowed down their heads in embarrassment. Hoseok smiled at them, looking really friendly. One of them who saw Hoseok did that, instantly blushed. They quickly brushed off, leaving Hoseok's and Taehyung's sight.

"It's okay, Taehyung. They weren't staring at us because we did anything wrong." Hoseok said to Taehyung with an adult-like tone. Even though he wasn't.

Taehyung sighed in relief. After that, Hoseok pulled Taehyung's hands and brought him to their destination, the market place.

 

The market place was really a place to look forward to. There were many peoples, many stores, many foods, etc. It was really crowded and noisy. But it was more like a music to Taehyung.

Taehyung looked around in amaze, he unconsciously turned around and around. Hoseok felt like laughing when he looked Taehyung do that childish things. He then stopped Taehyung's turning-event and held his hand.

"Okay. With this, I won't lose sight of you."

Taehyung was shocked when Hoseok did that. 

"Ho-Hoseok? What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm holding you tight. So that you won't suddenly disappear from me."

"But..., I'm fine. I promise I won't leave your side."

"No, I will still hold you." Hoseok said, his tone getting more gentler. "I won't let you go off by yourself." 

Taehyung still nagged Hoseok to just release his hand. Taehyung wanted to let go of Hoseok's hands, so that he can run around with ease. And so he won't have this uncomfortable flutter inside his heart.

"Taehyung, since it's your first time coming here, at least you have to stay by my side, okay?" Hoseok said, ending their debate. Hoseok pulled Taehyung who was still nagging. Taehyung finally bowed down, feeling the red blush growing on his face.

Hoseok took Taehyung to some food stands, letting him enjoy the meal. From ddeokbokki, bibimbap, until a taste of kimbap. Those were things that Taehyung never went past. As Taehyung would remember, it was his first time tasting things like that.

And of course, he enjoyed it.

"Hoseok! Hoseok! Let's try that one!" "How about this?" "This one looks so delicious!" 

Hoseok started to get flustered when Taehyung pulled him left and right. Now, the one holding more tight is Taehyung, not him. Hoseok could only follow around and lend out money to pay. He didn't really mind with Taehyung's attitude, and how people started talking about them. He knew that Taehyung was as childish as this. Taehyung looked worst than a 5-years-old kid.

"Wa, Tae, slow down." Hoseok suddenly called Taehyung. Taehyung turned around and smiled wide.

"How can I slow down? It's really interesting here! There's so many people, many food, many things I never went past before!" 

"But you're making me go bankrupt!" Hoseok said, making a joke. Yet Taehyung took it seriously.

"Then...., we should stop now?" 

Hoseok could only stare at the sad Taehyung. He felt like hugging this little puppy, telling him that he was kidding. He just felt like doing it.

But at the end, Hoseok only patted his head. 

"The sun's going down, so I guess yes, we have to stop. We have to go home now."

Taehyung nodded. And with that, they went back to Taehyung's house.

 

As the sun sets, Taehyung and Hoseok talked along their way home. Taehyung jumped happily, telling about his feelings about today. Hoseok laughed and replied him, saying the same thing. 

And then it arrive to the point that Taehyung felt 'too-happy'.

"Hoseok, I really really like you."

Hoseok snapped. He was shocked. He didn't know what to feel. But his mouth was still smiling.

"Tae? What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I like you."

"You can't say you like someone you just met for a few weeks."

"But I still like you. You were the only one who really approached me when I'm alone." Hearing Taehyung said that, Hoseok gave another comforting smile.

"How can I let you alone? You were crying so hard that time." Hoseok said, remembering the first day they met. But Taehyung didn't seem to remember.

"That time?" 

"Yes. Don't you remember? You were crying really bad, and you looked so confused. I could saw you walking around the room, then you suddenly sat on the floor. I thought you were going to stop, but you didn't. You stood up and walked around again." Hoseok explained. "How can I not approach you? I'd feel bad if I just let you like that. That's why I decided to climb up and meet you."

Taehyung tried to summarize what Hoseok said but he still couldn't remember it. When was he like that? Why was he crying? Why was he so confused?

"I... I don't remember, Hoseok." Taehyung said in regret. Hoseok shook his head.

"You don't have to. At least you remember who I am."

Taehyung looked up at Hoseok. Hoseok was smiling, as always. Taehyung could feel the warm atmosphere surrounding them. He could feel happiness and joy knowing that the one standing in front of him now was Hoseok. The Hoseok he liked.

"Hoseok, I won't forget about you." He murmured.

 

Hoseok heard that and chuckled.

"Good to hear."

---

 

The next morning came. Hoseok, waking up from his bed, quickly went for a jog around his house. He tuned on his ipod and placed the earphones on his ear. He was using his usual clothes.

After turning around a few blocks, he decided to go back home. Then from afar, suddenly he saw a black limo closing by his house. The black limo stopped in front of his gates and a man in black suit went out from the driver's seat. 

Hoseok wondered who it was. He's not coming to ask directions, right?

"Excuse me, sir." The man called Hoseok. Hoseok was stunned. 

"I'm sorry?" He replied.

"Can you follow me and get in the car?"

Hoseok was surprised by his statement. How can a stranger ask another stranger to get into his car?

"What if I say no?" Hoseok said, declining.

That man stayed silent for a while. Then finally used strength. He pulled Hoseok's hands, forcing him to get in the car.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Hoseok shouted. He tried to pull out his hands but it didn't work. Their body size difference were to big.

That man opened the door of the limo and forced Hoseok in. He didn't give Hoseok a chance to escape. He slammed the door, trapping Hoseok inside.

"I'm going to call the police!" Hoseok said. He was about to roll down the window of the car or maybe just run away, but suddenly a voice called him.

"Are you always this noisy?" 

Hoseok turned.

He saw the man sitting on the other side of the car. The man was wearing a formal-business-man clothes. He looked pretty old, around 40-50. On his hand was a very expensive watch. It looked as expensive as his suit.

Hoseok kept scanning without answering his question. Which made him ask again.

"I said, are you always this noisy?" This time, Hoseok looked straight at his eyes.

"Who are you?" 

That mysterious man didn't even look back at Hoseok. Yet Hoseok wasn't even afraid. He looked confident, unlike some people.

"Who I am is not important."

"It is to me."

That man didn't answer. Instead, he turned at Hoseok and stared at him with a fierce look.

"Then let me ask you this. What relations do you have with Kim Taehyung?"

Hoseok was shocked when he brought that up. He didn't know that this was related to Taehyung.

"I'm his friend, why?"

"No. He doesn't have any."

"Well you just met his first one."

Hoseok's answers seemed braver and braver. He wasn't afraid of the man in front of him, or the man outside.

"Your name is.... Jung Hoseok?" 

Hoseok reacted. He nodded with confidence. But deep inside, that man's voice was slowly lurking on his heart. He had glimpse of fear, since he couldn't outlook what will happen.

"Jung Hoseok... Do you know what you're facing?"

Hoseok shook his head. He tried to act all-cool.

"Do you know the consequences of getting close to Taehyung?"

Hoseok didn't reply for a while. He bowed down his head, thinking of the best 'answer'. Then he looked back up at him.

"No. And I don't need to know."

That man stayed quiet too. Hoseok waited for a while, but he still didn't reply. Then Hoseok decided to end this conversation.

"I'm going out." He turned around and realized that the door wasn't locked. He pulled the handle and opened the door. 

But right before he stepped out, that man finally spoke out.

"You're going to hurt Taehyung."

Hoseok stopped when he heart that sentence. Hoseok turned to look at the man once more. He was actually convincing himself to not believe this 'stranger'.

"No. You're lying."

"I'm not. You're going to hurt Taehyung. And if you count yourself as his friend, you should stop continuing what you're doing now."

"I'm not doing anything. I'm just being kind."

"That type of kindness hurt the most, you know."

Hoseok was speechless. Yet he still didn't want to believe.

"You're lying. I don't even know who you are, so I'm not going to believe what you said. Goodbye, mister."

And looks like conversation's over.

 

---

 

That afternoon, Hoseok still came to Taehyung's house. They escaped together, this time through the windows.

"Hoseok, don't let go of me, okay?" Taehyung shouted. Hoseok laughed at how fool Taehyung was. They were secretly escaping but Taehyung made it too obvious.

"Yes, I get it. Now just jump off and keep your voice down." Hoseok said, actually doing the same stupid thing as Taehyung.

Taehyung finally jumped to Hoseok. Hoseok didn't perfectly catch Taehyung, but at least they were safe. Taehyung was even tough enough to immediately run.

Hoseok used some time to catch a breath before chasing Taehyung again.

 

Unlike days before, this time Hoseok brought Taehyung to somewhere quiet: the beach.

The sun was still rising, it wasn't the perfect time, but Taehyung was still happy.

"What is this place called? It's really beautiful!" Taehyung shouted, opening his arms and letting the wind flow by his body.

Hoseok took off his shoes and ran to Taehyung. 

"It's called 'beach'!" He said out loud. When finally he reached Taehyung, Hoseok hugged from behind. Taehyung didn't really realize it. He kept opening his arms, smelling the air.

Hoseok placed his head on Taehyung's shoulders and smiled. Both of them looked at the beautiful blue ocean. With its shining reflection of the sun. The waves were quite large, but it was comforting to look at.

It was a quality time to enjoy. For both of them.

 

While waiting for the sun to set down, they sat at the beaches. They put their shoes next to them and stick out their legs in front. Their clothes were already full of sand.

"It's really beautiful." Taehyung suddenly said. Hoseok turned and looked at Taehyung.

"Yes, it is. Yet you haven't even seen the most beauti-" Suddenly, Taehyung's phone rang. Taehyung was shocked with his own phone's vibration, and were flustered trying to find were he kept it.

Hoseok pointed it out and opened it for Taehyung. And on the screen, it was written 'Dad'. Hoseok took some seconds to finally lend it to Taehyung. Taehyung took it and answered the phone.

"Hello? ... oh yes. Okay.... I'm coming home now." Taehyung said on the phone. After finally closing it, he turned back at Hoseok.

Hoseok knew before Taehyung said anything that it's time to end the day.

"Hoseok, we have to-"

"Yes, I know. Let's get going now." Hoseok cut off.

Hoseok stood up immediately. Taehyung followed after him.

Then they took a bus back to Taehyung's house.

---

 

Taehyung finally arrived home. He entered throught the kitchen door, silently towards his room. He tried to keep his steps as quiet as possible, so that his 'father' won't hear it.

But when he passed the living room, he could see the tall figure sitting on the couch.

It was a man, on his 40-50. He was wearing a formal-business-man clothes. On his hand was a very expensive watch. It looked as expensive as his suit. 

Taehyung stopped when the he saw him.

"Taehyung, come here." That man called.

Taehyung bowed down, still trying to smile.

"Yes, dad?" 

That man patted the space next to him, as if he's asking Taehyung to come and sit.

"Come here."

Taehyung approached his father and obeyed his words. 

"What is it, dad?" He asked. His father looked at Taehyung for a few seconds. Then he calmly rubbed Taehyung's head.

"No, it was nothing. I was just worried and I wanted to meet you."

Taehyung smiled at ease, thinking that his father didn't suspect anything. Taehyung felt happy too, seeing his father finally coming home earlier than usual. And even let Taehyung sat next to him.

Taehyung stayed silently next to the figure he wouldn't forget, besides his mom and Hoseok. That figure also stayed quiet. Maybe this was how they communicate to each other.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hoseok was about to leave the house when suddenly he saw some maids grouping together. It was like they were talking about something, and it looked interesting.

Hoseok approached them quietly....

... and surprised them!

"Bam! What are you guys doing?" He said, joking. The maids were shocked, they jumped out, looking at the familiar figure in front of them.

They were about to run away again, but Hoseok made them stay.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry... sorry for the surprise... I was just joking." 

One of the maid stayed at her position and nodded at Hoseok. Hoseok immediately smiled, as usual. 

"So..., what were you guys talking?"

The maid rolled her eyes.

"No..., it was nothing." That answer made Hoseok more curious. Even though curiousity kills the cat.

"Is it about.... Taehyung??"

That maid snapped and Hoseok could clearly see that. Hoseok knew that something was up with Taehyung.

"What? Did someone do something to Taehyung? Is he okay?"

The maid still didn't answer. He tried to avoid eye contact with Hoseok.

"Just tell me. You don't know how much I care for Taehyung."

She still didn't budge.

 

"Was it... his 'father'?"

This time, the maid really jumped off. She couldn't act like she didn't know. Or that it wasn't about 'his father'. 

Hoseok's expression changed instantly. His friendly smile disappeared. Instead, he looked that maid with a sharp stare.

 

"Yes, it is about his father."

 

The maid didn't answer. She felt like running away. Now, she regret not following the others, not brushing off from Hoseok like how they have to be.

But Hoseok wasn't threatening her or something. 

After he said that, he backed off and prepared to go away. Seeing that, the maid sighed in relief. 

Hoseok turned around. He landed the first step, and stopped.

 

He looked back at the maid. His expression was getting darker.

He finally said the last sentence of that day to the maid.

 

 

"Actually, you know it, right? That the man Taehyung called 'father'....

 

 

is not his real 'father'."

 


So?? do you like this chapter?? please comment your thoughts about the story so far! I'm really sorry if it gets confusing. and if the flow gets too fast. It's because I don't have any intention of making it too long.

I still hope you look forward for this story.

Thanks!!!