Chapter 3

UnMemorized

“Actually, you know it, right? That the man Taehyung called ‘father’… is not his real ‘father’.”

The maid didn’t look back. She didn’t lift her head to make contact with Hoseok’s serious eyes. She didn’t even nod. But there wasn’t any shock on her movement, which made Hoseok sure that she knew.

“Okay. Sorry for scaring you. I’ll take my leave now.” Hoseok said to her, smiled and waved goodbye.

Realizing that Hoseok has left, the maid finally lifted her head. She exhaled the breath she held.

Then the other maids went back to her again.

“What did he say? Did he threaten you?” Said one of them. She replied with a wondering face.

“No…. He didn’t. But…,”

“But??”

“…how did he know that he wasn’t Taehyung’s real father?”

---

The next day, Hoseok still came to Taehyung’s house. Yet this time, he came through the front door.

“Taehyung?” He called. Taehyung ran from upstairs after hearing the voice of Hoseok. He greeted Hoseok with a wide smile.

“Hoseok! You finally came!” Hoseok smiled back and rubbed Taehyung’s head. Taehyung pulled Hoseok’s clothes like a 5-years old kid. He pulled Hoseok upstairs, to one of the room (since Taehyung never remembered where his own room is).

“Come here!! I have something to show you!” Taehyung said. Hoseok chuckled and followed him. He came inside the room, and saw many crayons around a paper on the floor. It was indeed very messy.

“Taehyung? What did you do?” Hoseok asked, holding his laugh. Taehyung pointed on the paper while jumping up and down.

“Look! Look! I just drew something just now!”

Hoseok looked at the paper he pointed. On top of the paper was a scribbling done by Taehyung, which pictured 2 stick man holding hands. Yes, it was literally a ‘stick man’.

“Wow. It’s unique.” Hoseok joked. “Who is it? Your parents?”

Taehyung shook his head while pulling Hoseok’s hands to let him sit on the floor.

“No, no! It’s not mom and dad!” Taehyung said. He lifted the picture, which was actually colourful even though the ‘men’ there weren’t clear.

Hoseok stared at it longer, trying to figure who is it. Both of the faces were the same, two dots of eye and a smile. So it was pretty hard to guess.

“Your maids?”

“No!”

“Your driver?”

“No! Wait, I have a driver?”

“A couple?” Hoseok said, really trying to hold his laughter from Taehyung’s question. Then suddenly Taehyung nodded quickly.

“Yes, yes!! But…, it’s not really a couple…” Taehyung said, starting to feel embarrassed. Hoseok was still searching for the answer, but couldn’t find it.

“It wasn’t your mom and dad..., and I’m an orphanage so…”

“What? Orphanage?”

Hoseok realized he slipped his tongue. He made Taehyung make a wondering face.

“Oh, no. Nevermind about that.” Hoseok urgently said. “By the way, who is it? I really can’t guess it…”

Taehyung smiled widely again and brought forward the drawing in front of Hoseok’s eyes.

“It’s us!!”

Hoseok was surprised hearing that. First, he tried to find the similarities between the drawing and them. Second, he didn’t know that Taehyung really felt like that.

“Us? Isn’t it a couple?” Hoseok still acting like he didn’t realize the meaning of the drawing. Taehyung pouted and complained.

“I told you it wasn’t really a couple…”

Hoseok carved a smile on his face, seeing the mischievous Taehyung. Deep inside, he was happy, which was something he shouldn’t felt.

“I love your drawing, Tae.” Hoseok complimented. “But are we really like that in your eye?”

Instead of agreeing or nodding, Taehyung made a confused face.

“Are we not?”

That question sparked a red blush on Hoseok’s face. Then he was back to the shy Hoseok.

“Yaaa! Kim Taehyung!!” Hoseok shouted as he lifted Taehyung body and pushed his shoulders the bed beside them. Taehyung fell on his back and opened his arms, letting Hoseok lean his head on it. Then they stayed quiet for a moment. They only stared at the empty celling. There were a few slight laughter, before finally Taehyung moved his body to look at Hoseok.

He looked at Hoseok with a childish smile. Hoseok replied that smile while patting Taehyung's head.

"Hoseok, I will never forget you." He said.

 

Hoseok let out a few seconds of silence before answering the question.

"No, Taehyung." He said calmly. "I won't always be there for you, so you don't have to force yourself to remember me."

Taehyung pouted his mouth, showing disagreement with Hoseok's words.

"But why? Why are everyone like this?" 

When Taehyung said that, Hoseok's smile disappeared.

Immediately he switched the topic. He didn't want Taehyung to suspect anything. Because knowing more and more further will only bring pain.

And yes, Taehyung didn’t suspect it. His body was a teenager but his mind was still like a 5 years old kid. He thought that he should believe in Hoseok, that all of Hoseok’s words are the truth. Since Hoseok was the only one next to him. The only one to hear all his babblers without complain. The only one who would never lie.

 

They were enjoying the talk which was full of laughter until suddenly a voice called out to Taehyung.

“Tae? Where are you, Tae? Come here!”

A voice which was familiar to both Taehyung and Hoseok. The voice was high pitch, a voice of a ‘madam’.

Taehyung reacted to that voice and immediately stood up. He jumped off the bed and opened the door.

“Yes, mom! Wait a minute!” He shouted. Hoseok also went down from the bed and approached Taehyung.

“Who is it?” Hoseok asked. Taehyung turned and looked at Hoseok. Taehyung used a minute to think before answering him.

“It’s my mom! Do you want to meet her?”

 

Hoseok didn’t answer. He only gave a friendly look to Taehyung. Honestly, he didn’t know what was the best answer.

But Taehyung couldn’t wait longer. Taehyung instantly reached Hoseok’s hands and pulled it away. Hoseok made a face when Taehyung did that. His jaws were dropping together with his eyes. Like, seriously, what is on Taehyung’s mind?

When they reached the living room, they could see a charming figure standing. She was wearing high quality coat and expensive clothes. On her hand was a sparkling ring made by pure gold. Her face looked spotless clean.

Taehyung took Hoseok and stood in front of his mom. His mother greeted him with a happy expression.

“Taehyung! How are you?”

Taehyung made an eye smile and replied with excitement.

“I’m totally fine! How about you? You know, I really miss you…” His mom smiled, full of care.

“I’m fine. And I miss you too, Tae. The business trip this time took longer time than expected.”

When she reached her hand to pat Taehyung’s shoulders, he realized the man standing behind him.

When their eyes met, it created a cold atmosphere. An atmosphere filled with misunderstanding and doubts.

Hoseok could only lift his head that was bowing down. He didn’t know what to do, what to say. Well, at least do a greeting.

“Good morning…, ma’am.”

Taehyung realized her mother’s change in expression. He looked back at Hoseok, realizing the same thing.

“Huh? Do you know each other?”

When his mother heard that, she immediately switched back to normal.

“Oh, no! I just felt like I’ve seen her before…”  She said. Taehyung still stared at them, wondering their real relationship.

“Ah, what is your name, boy?” She said, covering up. Hoseok finally smiled, trying to be friendly.

“Jung Hoseok. You can call me Hoseok.”

She nodded, then looked back at Taehyung.

“Is he your friend?” She asked. Taehyung replied happily.

“Yes! Really good friend!”

“Wow… I wonder how you both met.”

When her mother said that, Taehyung gave a blank face. He couldn’t remember how they met. He tried, but he still couldn’t. Thank goodness, Hoseok interrupted and explained.

“About that… Well, I saw Taehyung crying inside his room from the streets. It wasn’t the first time I saw him like that, so I decided to climb up and greet him. At least, to cheer him up.”

She stared at Hoseok. An ordinary mother would feel thankful for Hoseok or maybe ask why Taehyung was crying. But she didn’t. She only lifted up the ends of , trying to smile.

“Oh, good then. I’m thankful for you.” She said. “Now, will both of you excuse me? I’m going to rest. And Tae, we need to talk later.”

Taehyung nodded to her. Letting her kiss his cheeks before leaving. Then she walked away from both of them. But she didn’t even glance at Hoseok.

After she disappeared from their sight, Hoseok sighed heavily.

“Why do I feel like your mother is giving me the cold shoulder?” Hoseok said. Taehyung turned around and wondered.

“Really?”

“Can’t you see?”

“See what?”

Hoseok sighed heavier than before. But he still chuckled and patted Taehyung’s head.

“Never mind.” He said.

 

After afternoon passed, Hoseok took his leave. This time, he also left through the front door. Meanwhile, Taehyung stared at him from his room, thinking about the boy who were always on his side.

“Hoseok is really something… He’s the only one who would want to approach and be friends with me…”

Suddenly, 2 maids were chatting while sweeping in front of his room. Their conversation attracted Taehyung’s ears.

 

“Hey, don’t you think that Hoseok has gotten even braver?”

“Yeah…, I thought that he already warned him.”

“Is Hoseok trying to challenge him?”

“Or…, is there ‘something’? It’s almost impossible to defy that man.”

“I think so too. Hoseok even went in and out through the front door!”

“What is he trying to do?”

Taehyung who heard that, immediately slammed open the door. The maids were startled, both by his action and his presence. Why is he here?

“What is it? What happen to Hoseok? Is there any problem?” Taehyung blabbered. The maids looked at each other. It didn’t seem like they were going to speak. Which made Taehyung more impatient.

“Did someone threaten Hoseok? Who is it?? Tell me!”

The maids only shook their head while holding the broom tighter. Their hands were sweating. Not knowing what to answer. Until suddenly one of them decided to at least tell a fragment of the truth.

“No…, no one threatened him. It’s just, he wasn’t allowed to be here and that’s why he always came through the window or kitchen door. But suddenly now he’s coming through the front door.”

Taehyung imagined it for a while… wait, did Hoseok really came like that?

“I thought he always came through the front door. That’s what normal people do, right?”

“No. Ah, I mean, yes. But…,”

“Did someone threaten him to not get close to me?” Taehyung’s questioned it straight-forwardly. The maid stopped answering immediately. Now was the time where she really couldn’t answer it.

Yet Taehyung could see the answer right from her face. Deep inside his heart, not his mind, he knew that this wasn’t his first time. Some dejavu told him that this happened before, to someone else.

“Why do I have to be alone?”

Taehyung face grimed. He felt the blues spinning around. Another imagination where someone was hurt because of him. Then suddenly he could see that the person was Hoseok.

He could feel the pain in his chest. A throbbing savour, peeking his body. The strangling air was holding his breath.

What if Hoseok was really hurt all this time?

 

But then the silent Taehyung heard the last sentence of the maid.

“Honestly, I think somehow nothing really happened to Hoseok.”

Taehyung’s mind was enlighten knowing that. His smile couldn’t get any wider.

“Really? Then that means no one really threatened him, right?”

The maid smiled at Taehyung and nodded. She didn’t want to see Taehyung make that face again, so even a lie was okay. At least, let Taehyung feel content, even for a few days.

Taehyung bowed at them and turned around. He walked back to the room and laid on the bed. He looked at the celling they were looking this afternoon.

“I believe in Hoseok. He’s the only one I trust. I will never ever forget about him.” He said, letting a few clang of the bell into his ears, bringing his mind to sleep.

 

A few days later, Hoseok came with lots of food. He placed it inside a picnic basket. Taehyung, who was waiting for Hoseok, jumped out seeing the plentiful meal.

“Hoseok! Hoseok! What’s that?? Food??”

Hoseok nodded and lent it for Taehyung to see. Taehyung reached it and held it on his hands, amazed by the various of foods provided there.

“Where are we going?? Oh, please let me eat everything later!” Taehyung said, showing his spirit. Hoseok patted Taehyung’s head, giving a warm smile.

“We’re going picnic to the mountains!”

“Mountains?”

“Yeah, is there any problem?”

“Why mountains?”

“Cause the view there is good.”

“But it’s empty.”

“The air is good.”

“No one is going to the mountains…”

“We can have fun just by ourselves!”

“But…,” Taehyung kept complaining. Hoseok kept answering reasons for them to go to the mountain. Taehyung just couldn’t accept that fact. He honestly wanted to go to somewhere to see people walking, talking, and have fun. He didn’t even think about the food inside that basket again.

He always wanted to meet people.

So now since Hoseok is here, why can’t they just go out and interact to the world outside? Why?

“Can we go to the city again?” Taehyung begged. Hoseok stared at Taehyung, still wanting to reject it.

“No, Tae. We can’t. I mean, yes we can but let’s just go to the mountains this time…”

Taehyung shook his head.

“I want to go see people!” Taehyung pouted his mouth. Hoseok couldn’t get his own strength to say ‘no’.

“But Tae…”

Taehyung bowed down his head. He himself couldn’t resist Hoseok’s request.

“...okay then.” Hoseok said after sighing.

Taehyung lifted his head, looking at Hoseok with wide eyes. His smile carved up at what he just heard.

“Then we’re going to the city??”

“Yes…, since that’s what you want. But remember Tae, consequences are on your shoulder.” Taehyung didn’t understand what Hoseok meant by that so he only replied with a scream of ‘yes’.

Hoseok then placed the picnic basket on the table near them. But Taehyung picked it up and opened it.

“Wait, I’ll finish this first.”

Hoseok chuckled at Taehyung’s words. But he himself also reached to the basket.

“Yeah, count me in.”

---

 

Taehyung and Hoseok walked together towards the city hall. It’s a place where Taehyung really wanted to go all this time. Hoseok couldn’t resist his demands so he only followed the disoriented Taehyung.

“Tae. Not that way. Here.” He said a few times. Taehyung only looked back at him and continue walking the wrong way. Hoseok had to pull Taehyung’s arm and go to the right direction. And at some times, Taehyung would stop at the sight of food.

It was indeed a hard journey for Hoseok. But he enjoyed it. He enjoyed staring at Taehyung’s happy face. Though the voice inside his heart said that he had to stop what he’s doing. Yet he still walked and walked.

They finally arrived at the city hall, around 20 minutes later. Taehyung was still energized by the foods, and by the sight of a building he has never seen before.

“Wow… where is this?” Taehyung said in amazement.

“It’s the city hall…, do you like it?”

Taehyung spaced out in awe. The building was bigger than what he ever imagined. It was probably bigger than those on the books or posters.

“Yes, I like it.” Taehyung said. Hoseok smiled and let Taehyung finish his excited feeling.

Hoseok sat on the grass, extending his tired legs. He looked at Taehyung, then pulled his hands slowly, asking him to sit down. But Taehyung still kept standing while looking around.

Hoseok has this instinct, telling him to quickly get a hold of Taehyung.

He had that feeling.

Yet he decided to ignore it.

Which was probably one of his biggest mistake.

 

Taehyung ran away from his spot. Hoseok jumped back, he was shocked. Taehyung looked like a boy running away from his mother. Hoseok panicked, but then he thought that maybe it was Taehyung’s instinct. Just like his own.

Or was it?

 

Taehyung approached the large building. He stood right in front of the main entrance. There was this big clock on the top, which rang clangs and bangs. It was some kind of music in Taehyung’s ears.

It naturally reminded Taehyung of his rose garden. People walking side by side, looked like they were having fun. The green grass behind him would impersonate the beautiful flower bed. And he would find himself, not being alone.

The silent wind on his side suddenly disappeared as an unfamiliar man approached Taehyung.

“Kim Taehyung?” He said. Taehyung turned around, seeing a short guy with well-build body. When that guy saw Taehyung’s face, he smiled immediately.

“Tae! It’s been so long since I last met you!”

Rather than replying, Taehyung seemed confused. He didn’t recognize the man. Who was it?

“Tae? It’s me, Jimin! Don’t you remember?”

Taehyung got more confused. Who is this ‘Jimin’ guy? Oh how he wished that he could ask Hoseok about it. But Hoseok wouldn’t know, and he would probably say to Taehyung again, “Why can’t you remember him?”

Which made Taehyung think harder.

“Can’t you memorize your own maids?” “…how we first met… Don’t you remember?” “It’s me, Jimin! Don’t you remember?”

Taehyung heart has already bottled it up enough. He couldn’t stand how he was feeling right now. The uneasy space, telling him that he could never remember anything.

Then that Jimin guy broke the silence.

“Tae? Did you forget about me?”

 

Forget.

 

Taehyung’s head suddenly felt heavier than usual. He overthought it, resulting a pain inside his chest. The pain was slowly slicing his happy smile. It made Taehyung look like a hopeless person.

Hopeless. Desperate. Why was he like this?

He could feel a drop of tears falling. As the pain reached his mind, not his heart. A slight of thunder cracked inside his head. The sonorous noise felt like it was destroying his ears. He held out his hand to cover it. He shouted as loud as possible, trying to release the pain.

Yet he himself couldn’t hear his own scream. How could he even hear the other desperate person coming to him?

 

“Taehyung!” He shouted.

It was the last word before Taehyung really lost his vision. His body had no longer strength to just stand up.

 

He wanted to look around. Look, as Hoseok reached him.

 

 

But it was all dark.

 


I didn't know who to add so I randomly chose Jimin. I hope you like my choice (he's just a side character though). 

Well?? Did you like the new update? Sorry if it's kinda rusty... 

 

A thing I learned from my own story...

V's way to make J-hope do what he want: Pout. 

Yeah no one can resist V when he's pouting.... 


 

upvotes are super well appreciated!