Chapter Two: Finally Here

Safekeeping

Chapter 2: Finally Here

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/68371047/original.gif

curlyline.gif

        "Why aren't you joining us?"


        You turned to see the person speaking, managing a smile. "Honestly, I don't know." You leaned by the counter over the window, enjoying the breeze that brushed your soft skin.


        "If you trust me..."


        "Of course I trust you Lay," you interrupted as soon as he began, turning your face immediately towards him, "you and Minhye the most out of anyone. But I don't even know what it is." His expressionlessness, like all the others said, was priceless, and before you knew it, you found yourself trying not to laugh over how seriously Lay was taking in all of this. "At least give me a hint?" His simple question made you give a small chuckle, all the complex thoughts leaving your head while you walked forth to hang your arm over his neck, "You would never stop asking questions would you..." you mumbled, noticing him dropping his head with a smile as you led him back into your noisy little crowd.

 

        "Celeste is back!" the one and only reaction king of your circle jubilated as he rushed beside you, practically forcing your other spare arm around his shoulder. You gave a mischievous smirk, sending Minhye a small glance while she smiled to herself, already noticing your calculative eyes. "It's always great seeing you being your normal happy self!" You turned and relaxed your weight over him, letting go of Lay in your other arm. "However, a little bird told me about that little laugh you did while I was busy saving Sehun from his misery," you glimpsed at Xiumin's way, the two of you exchanging small winks. Sehun not faraway glanced immediately towards Chanyeol, appearing nearly offended when he heard the word "laugh". And before he even had the second to react, Chanyeol had already sped away out the classroom, and behind him Sehun and Chen went together, chasing him down the hallways. Everyone who remained clapped their hands during their laughs, the environment growing noisy once more.


        "So what is it for you after school today?" Suho managed to squeeze himself to your side along with Baekhyun. These two were your best study buddies, for all three of you were known as the top straight A students in the class. "I've had enough for a week," Baekhyun answered before you had the chance to.


        "All this study was quite tiring." Suho agreed after him, "but it wouldn't hurt just to take half an hour to do a small pre-study before tomorrow. You two care to join me?"


        "Another study right after that catastrophic test?" the kung fu panda, Tao's voice called from behind you all, as he ran forth to linger his elbows over yours and Suho's shoulders, "Come on, live for once my friends and join us at the soccer field for a match!" 


        "Minhye?" you wondered, not determining what you wanted until you would hear of your best friend's choice. "She says she'd pass for today and get home early," Tao was quick to answer, "And speaking of her, I don't know if it's just me or something else, but she's been awfully quiet this whole day. I mean yes, she usually is like that, but there is just something different about today." He peered curiously to her direction, and all your eyes around him followed to her direction. But then followed the weird coincidence, when another unknown person came between the crowd and blocked your views right during that very moment. He wasn't one from the school, yet he was heading straight towards your direction. "Are you Celeste?"


        You answered yes, not fully sure of his purpose, until he handed you a neatly sealed envelope with one single blue rose. "Someone has asked me to send this to you." Bowing quickly, he hurried away. Many eyes were upon you, while they mumbled over you having a secret admirer, and how it was still not Valentine's Day for something like this. No one noticed that a mysterious smile had already sealed your lips, as you could already smell the familiar scent all over the envelope of a person you've not seen for ages, yet would never forget of. Lowering the blue rose, you opened the small plain card and read:

Long time no seen. Be prepared, for the one you've been expecting will arrive soon. - KW
 
http://www.tattoobite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/celtic-knot-band-tattoo-design.png

        The classroom grew so loud to the state that nearly no one had heard the bell that signaled the end of recess. "Shush everyone! Silence! Your free time's over!" the man used his loudest voice to order you all back to your seats. You called for Kai who was busy having his arm over Minhye, warning him to get back to the desk the two of you shared. And then you realized, your nose had grown so weak when your attention was shifted. At last when you notice the presence of an unknown other beside the professor, you began to sense something strange in the air. You could smell it, and the scent of it made you clench your own wrist to cover the mark that shined uncontrollably over your hand. He had said the one you awaited would arrive soon, but never did he mention, this soon...


        Closing your eyes briefly as you felt it flash red once more, you opened them to the sight of the boy standing rigidly beside the professor. His dark eyes glanced nervously around the room, as though he too had sensed another of his kind's presence...but no, he did not know it was you. His skin appeared extremely pale, even with the comparison of his white hair almost covering his eyebrows. Chanyeol by the side pointed curiously towards him while mumbling something towards D.O and Chen, yet you could only notice the expression over Minhye's features, growing more and more tensioned. Her eyes were fixed upon the new one, as if she had known him from somewhere.


http://media.giphy.com/media/4dELesF2jeW9G/giphy.gif

        "Welcome to our new student everyone," the teacher spoke formerly, gesturing the lad more towards the front, while everyone bowed their heads in unison. "Luhan?"


        A stranger's name you've never heard before...you whipped away all extra thoughts as you watched him bow quickly to all of you, not uttering a word.


        "Celeste and Suho," the teacher called, and you two to the opposite sides of the room immediately stood. "Luhan, any early problems you have, you will speak to these two about it, the class president and vice president. These two kids take care of practically everything and everyone."


        "We will try to be of help as much as possible," Suho gave one of his most sincere smiles, nodding ardently towards Luhan who still stood awkwardly. Finally, you who stood silently in meditation for a while also took the moment to speak, "It's been a while since we've had a new comer," your voice fell flat and slow, and you gazed upon him in wonder of what was so special about this one, this one who was one of your kind. "Welcome, Luhan. There's a seat by Minhye if you'd like to take it." You gestured him towards her direction, your eyes tentatively remaining on him as you somehow expected the almost unnoticeable shock within his expression. His eyes lingered by her, and before forgetting, he nodded at you quickly in thanks, not giving you one more second of attention as he moved to sit.


        The closer he was to you, the stronger the scent grew. He was the one, the one that's been chosen, the one you awaited for a year...he was finally here...


        He knew someone would be waiting for him, but at last, he did not know that person was you. Not yet...

 


I also need to specify some background information. Since this school would be a Korean one, class presidents in Asian countries play a different role than they do in the US or European countries. In Asian schools, students are not expected to move around and switch classrooms for different subjects, while the same teacher usually teaches math and language (like English for us). As for the other subjects, the teachers come to the classrooms to teach. So for each class, it would be the same students the whole day and the whole year, while the class presidents are expected to lead and organize many things for studying purposes. There will be only one president per class, and one vice president.