Chapter One: Soft-hearted

Safekeeping

Chapter 1: Soft Hearted

EXO-s-Comeback-XOXO-Pictures-exo-k-34488

http://erikanilsson.eu/images/curlyline.gif

         Tick tock tick tock...The clock was definitely not going to just stop for his sake.


        Kai gave a soundless sigh as his hand remained still while holding his pen. This test was a disaster, what did the teacher end up teaching all this time? After all, the man was sitting quite far away from him at the desk that was all the way to the front of the classroom, his eyes fixed upon a piece of newspaper. Better to try something than to just let it be...


        Squinting his eyes towards you who shared the long desk with him, he shifted his chair by the slightest to be close enough to eye the test paper which you were almost done with. Your teeth clenched quickly when you felt his movement. Your eyes turned to him with an angry glare, yet you sealed your lips to not make a sound as his pleading face was the first thing you saw. His fingers intertwined together under the desk in a begging manner as he mouthed his words carefully, Please help me, Celeste.


        Raising your chin, you ordered him off back to his place with your stabbing glances, leaving Kai to lower his head despairingly. He was nearly startled when he felt your fingers grab his hand under the desk, slipping inside his palm a small note. Which numbers? He read to himself, quietly rejoicing over his victory over his class president while he gave a mischievous grin. It was not only him, but everyone of them who would do this to you once in a while. After a small moment of pleading, you would always give in and offer whatever that was requested of you.


            "Celeste..."
            Your eyes shot away yet another time to catch up with the one who was brave enough to even make a sound. You bit your lips from the inside, wishing that you could only warn Sehun and ask that he turns back for his own sake. "Celeste what did you get for number..."


        "Oh Sehun!" The professor finally stood and called, standing from his seat. "Must I repeat a rule that even kindergarteners know? There is no talking during a test, and keep your eyes on your own paper!" His thick glasses slipped down his nose bridge while his expression hardened into an angry one. Everyone around the classroom turned to glance Sehun their sympathetic looks, knowing that he would not be getting out of this so easily. Chanyeol was the only one that covered his mouth to give off a small laugh, trying to hide the fact that he actually found the scene funny.


        "Mister," your voice pulled away all attention, "Don't blame Sehun. He was only returning the eraser that I lent him earlier during the test because I asked him for it." Your lips curved into a formal smile, and over your truthful-sounding words, he grimaced. At last he waved his hand. "Well well...very well, all of you, stop staring and continue on!"

 

http://www.tattoobite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/celtic-knot-band-tattoo-design.png
 
        After the frustrating test, the bell for recess seemed like a call from heaven. Within the second the professor walked out the door, the little maknae had already thrown himself over you. The classmates around you erupted into laughter, as all of them knew why Sehun felt so thankful of you. "Thank you thank you thank you...thank you Celeste! You're the reason I'm not being interrogated in the Principle's office right now!"

        Your startled expression gradually melting into a smile, you patted Sehun who still held tightly to you, "The wolf always protects its pack." You laughed softly while your small circle of friends gathered around you. And right when you two were about to pull apart, another big cry screamed from the side. From that direction, Kai came bursting into the two of you, even though, he was actually aiming for you only. His long arms grabbed onto both of you only to pull you and Sehun back together even tighter into a triple hug. "I think thanks to you, I actually passed!"

        "Kai gosh..." Sehun was barely able to mumble.

        "That can only teach you one thing," you moved for air, releasing both you and Sehun from Kai's hold, "Study harder for the next one!"

        "But you'd still help me won't you?" His eyes switched to its innocent mode, "You said a wolf always protects its pack. Aren't we all a part of your 'pack?'" He opened his arms and gestured you to all the other eight boys who had gathered by you, between them standing only one girl, and that is your very best friend - Han Minhye (the main girl in the Wolf Drama Ver.). 

        You pursed your lips to Lay closest to you, watching him give you an understanding look. "How did you do Kyungsoo?" you decided to answer Kai's question in another way. D.O moved his head immediately to your direction with his usual surprised expression, "Ju-just fine I guess, wasn't all that bad..." and before his voice even faded, Chen to his side already begin to laugh to himself, as he moved towards Kai and gave him a real, hard slap on the chest, "She's making a point here. Study more, and work harder, cause she won't be helping you ever again..."

        "I'm going to have a hard time believing that," Minhye smiled inwardly, "Which one of us doesn't know Celeste well enough to see it? She is soft-hearted, she won't ever leave us alone if we beg her for help. That's just the way you are," she turned to you, "and like you said, just like a wolf, you would never leave us unprotected." Her words barely finished, and almost everyone in the circle nodded in agreement. Only Chen sighed in surrender, being the only one who tried to support your point and help you rebuild your authority. You glanced him an appreciative look after all, "Sadly, Minhye is right." You leaned back to the corner once more, watching your friends continue to enjoy their short time of freedom, while several messy conversations continued on.

        Was it all just a delusion you were building up on purpose to fool them, or was it really becoming true? Celeste wasn't even your true name...________, you had almost forgotten the ring of that name, for no one has mentioned it or called you that for a year. Were you really becoming soft-hearted?

        You growled on the inside restlessly. You cannot be soft, you cannot afford that, not for what you're truly meant to do. You weren't sent here by him to make friends. You had a much greater purpose, one you've waited already a year to achieve, yet still, the one has not come...

        You glanced out the windows as your eyes flashed a bright red, and quickly faded away...