Chapter 9

Officially in Relationship!

*** Hi everyone!! ^_^ How are you?!! Let me tell you something before you start reading, this chapter was one hard chapter for me, I revealed something in this chapter that can make the story more exciting in the future or will make it a failure! You see, I had a hard time choosing to do this or not! Anyway, I hope you like it! :) And don’t forget to tell me what you think in comments! Thanks! ^_^***

 

Next morning, Jieun got a call from company, she thought to herself why they want her to go there when she has no schedule. Jieun called her manager and she told her she will meet Jieun at company, The first thing Jieun asked from her manager after meeting her was: Why do they want to meet me?
- I’m not sure… let’s go and see! That was all unnie told her!
At Mr Oh’s office, Mr oh through something like a script in front of Jieun and said: they want you in their drama!
- what?! Said surprised Jieun.
- it’s a sitcom. Mr Oh sat down in front of Jieun and continued: you gonna be main character’s friend! They are 4 people, 2 of them live in the same house with main character, you are one the two…
Jieun started reading some pages of the script and didn’t say anything, Mr oh put his hand under his chin and said: It’s a sitcom, you know what does it mean?
Jieun looked at him and said: no! does it have any special meaning?
- It means you can make it a moment of silence for your fans and a party for your anti fans and a painful memory for yourself or… Mr Oh pointed at jieun and leaned forward and continued: Or you can make it big!!! You understand?
Jieun stared at Mr Oh’s face and then said: Do you know how I can make it big?!
- Yes! Work hard!
What?! Work hard? Jieun thought Mr Oh is going to tell her a big secret of how she can become a successful actress, but all he told her was: work hard!
Disappointed Jieun picked up the script and said: I understand, when we’re going to start? Who are the other casts?
- They will start when they confirm the final cast, it look likes they want to cast Lee Minhyuk as lead…
- Minhyuk-shi? You sure?
- Yes, I am. You have lots of time to prepare, work hard!
- I will! Said Jieun as she was leaving.
- By the way Jieun-ah, about the accident, you should have told us the truth…
- ah, accident… I think I was just so afraid…
- No matter how much afraid you were or how much guilty you felt, you should have told the company, you should let us take care of these things…

Jieun smiled and because she didn’t want to talk about it more, said: you are right, I’m sorry to make you worried!
- Ok, go and work hard!!!

*

When Jieun was so excited about getting her first role, Seung-hyun was busy being worried about his mom’s call. That morning, right when Jieun got a call from company, Seung-hyun got a call from his mom asking him to give her a visit. It’s been a while, but Seung-hyun accepted and so now he was once again at home…
- Seung-hyuna, you came early… have you eaten? Said mom with a smile.
- Yes mom… Seung-hyun looked around, mom asked: it’s good to be here, isn’t it? Here is still the same!
- Not that much!
Mom didn’t smile this time, instead she said: let me tell them to bring you something, do you want some tea? Coffee maybe? I think we have some cookies left…
Seung-hyun said: No mom, I’m alright! Sit down please… you said you wanna meet me, is there something you want to tell me?
Mom and Seung-hyun both sat down and mom said with an awkward smile: No, I just wanted to meet you… are you alright? How are things going? You are not busy these days, are you?
Seung-hyun simply said: No, I’m not. I’m resting.
- Ah… Mom hesitated and then continued: I heard your dad wanted to meet you…
- So it was about him, I should have known… you never call unless it’s something important!
- You are being rude! Why didn’t you meet him?
- What was he going to say? He said everything to Jieun!
- I don’t know what “that girl” has told you and I don’t care! Your dad wanted to talk to you, don’t you think you had to at least listen to him?
- What did he want to say? To come to my sense?
Mom got angry and said: Yes, come to your sense! You are seriously getting out of control! How much longer should we wait for you to stop this?
Mom talked like nothing had “ever” happened, Seung-hyun had enough already, he said: don’t wait for me, I’m not going to stop!
He said that and got up to leave, mom said with a loud voice: Are you this far sad because of “her”?
Seung-hyun stopped, Just a mention of “her” was enough for him to get tears in his eyes, mom continued: Ok, I get it… you don’t want to be part of this family, but if you think I let you bring just anyone into this family you are so wrong! I will never accept just anyone! If I have to warn her myself, I will do that!
Seung-hyun turned toward his mom once again and said: If you think I let you make her hurt herself like you did before, you are so wrong, I will protect her!

*

Seung-hyun was so deep in his thought when he entered the company’s building, so he didn’t see Jieun when she started waving at him and then ran toward him…
Jieun stopped right in front of Seung-hyun chest and smiled brightly and said: Where were you all the day, Mr Choi Seung-hyun?
- I was busy!
Jieun smiled even wider and cutely said: me too!!
- good for you! Seung-hyun said that and continued walking his way.
Jieun but, stopped him and brought the script in front of his eyes and said: Ta-Daaa!!!
Seung-hyun focused on the cover and then said: So what?
- I’m officially debuting as an actress! Said the very excited Jieun.
Seung-hyun hesitated and then said: I don’t find it exciting!
Jieun Smile faded and she said: You can at least congratulate me!
- First role is important but you must wait and see if you get better offers after that…
- It’s really a good role! Said offended Jieun and added: It’s second lead!
- really?! Asked unsure Seung-hyun.
Jieun thought for a moment and then corrected: Well… not officially…
- That means no?
- Whatever, It’s important for me!
- That meant no! Seung-hyun said that and again start walking.
Jieun went after him and said: But I believe it’s gonna be a good drama, Minhyuk-shi is playing too!!!
- Minhyuk?!! Seung-hyun stopped, Why there was always Minhyuk there?
- Hum! CEO said they want to cast him as well, as the lead actor…
- So he may not accept!
- You think so? Should I call him then? I was so happy with the thought of working with him!
- Just forget it! If he says no, then it’s no! maybe his company doesn’t approve and maybe he has got a better offer…
- It’s not good! He is my friend I prefer to work with him…
- What’s the big deal?! There are plenty good actors which are friendly, you can become close with them in no time…
- No, I can’t! That’s hard! But wait, it’ll be ok if you play the role!
- Me? Are you day dreaming or something?!
- Why? You haven’t seen the script yet, it’s a good drama!
- Forget it, I’m resting!
- Resting? Why? Are you feeling ill?
- Now what? Are you worried because of me?
- You don’t look ill, but you don’t look good either! You look down these days…
Seung-hyun got surprise and said: Ya! Wait, What’s wrong with you? You observe my mood? By any chance, Are you in love with me Kang Jieun?
- By any chance, Have you gone crazy?!!! If you don’t want to talk about it, then Just say so! What’s the nonsense talk!
- By the way, have you seen my manager?
- Are you searching for him? Is that important?
- Somehow!
- Can I help?
- Yes! Have you eaten? It’s almost lunch time!
- What did you say?
- I’m hungry! I hate eating alone! Hyung is missing, so you come with me!
Jieun narrowed her eyes and said: You are a weird person! I can’t see how it’s important in any way!
Offended Seung-hyun said: Of course it’s important! It’s about food!!! Are you coming or not?
- I’m not paying!
Seung-hyun turned his head and said: Let’s go!

 

In the car, Seung-hyun had just started to drive that his cellphone ringed…
- Hello? …Yes, why? …(Seung-hyun’s eyes grow slightly bigger and he continued: ) Where? …I’ll be there soon, ok, bye!
- Who was it?! Asked curious Jieun.
- My dad personal assistant!
- Why are you changing the direction? Did he ask you to visit him? Right now?
- Dad is in hospital…
Jieun Hold her breath as loud as possible and said: Jin jja?!!! Eottoke?! Seung-hyun-shi, is that because of us? Isn’t it, right?!
- Don’t worry, it’s not the first time. He get better soon…
*
At the hospital, When Seung-hyun saw his mother and some other people from far, he stopped Jieun from coming closer and said: Wait for me! Then went to them.
Jieun knew it’s better to do as Seung-hyun asked and stayed right there and watched Seung-hyun talking to a middle age man a little and then he went into a room.
Jieun didn’t know any of those people and didn’t want to face any family member, so she just tried to make herself busy with other things, but in the hospital there was nothing to get Jieun’s attention, so she just started walking around a circle…
- Kang Jieun-shi?
Jieun turned her head toward the calling person, in front of her was a young elegant girl, Jieun couldn’t stop staring at her, maybe Jessica noticed that too, Cause she said: Hi, I’m Jessica Jung.
Jessica smiled but Jieun was confused, Who is she? Is she… a fan?!!! No-way!
- Whooo…?
- I’m Seung-hyun’s friend, somehow, I’m his only childhood friend! My family and I came back to korea recently, I saw your pictures in the newspaper, you look better in person…
Jieun thought to herself, whoever this girl was she was well educated, she knew how to talk! Very-well!
Jieun smiled back this time and said: Sorry, I didn’t know about you so I couldn’t recognize you…
- That’s weird, oppah never talked about me? You must not be that close yet…
Oppah?!!! What?! Jieun was getting annoyed, she said: You’re right, That’s weird! But actually we decided to only talk about “important” part of past!
Did you hear me? “important”!!!! Jieun thought to herself.
Jessica kept her smile and said: and maybe there are some secrets in the past that he just doesn’t want to tell anyone!
Jieun finally decided who Jessica Jung was: Jieun didn’t care who she was!!! The important thing was, right now it was WAR!!!
Both girl kept staring at each other, finally Jieun forced a friendly smile and said: Maybe! Who knows! We’ll see?
and then laughed.
Jessica smiled too, Jieun couldn’t find anything else to say, so she looked around and said: Well, I just remembered something, I… I should call someone, so… bye for now!
Jieun said that and left as fast as possible, and decided to wait for Seung-hyun in courtyard!
While Jieun was waiting in courtyard, Seung-hyun came out of the room, His mother went into the room after him, Seung-hyun told the middle age man: Call me if you needed anything, you don’t need to tell dad!
Middle age man that seemed to be Mr Choi’s personal assistant said: Ok, I will! Don’t worry!
Seung-hyun went toward Jessica and said: It’s been a long time!
Jessica smiled and answered: You’re right, I was upset when you didn’t come to meet me, are you ignoring me now that you are famous?
Seung-hyun smiled at Jessica’s joke and Jessica smiled back, then said: You have an interesting girlfriend…
- Jieun? You met her?
- hum, I met her sooner than yourself, isn’t it interesting, Choi Seung-hyun-shi?
- What did you talk about? Jieun is not good with strangers…
- No, she was right how I had imagined her! Jessica smiled and added: friendly!
Seung-hyun smiled back, Jessica said: Will you come and meet me?
- Ok, whenever you want!
Jessica smiled wider and said in English: Ok, deal!!!

Seung-hyun finally found Jieun in courtyard, he got near her and asked: I was wondering where did you go…
- I got tired in lobby, did you meet your father? Is he better now? What did Dr say?!
- He’s been having heart problem for years now, he just have to take his drug regularly. Let’s go!
Jieun got shocked and said: Are you crazy? You must stay here!
- They don’t need me here, I’m hungry! Let’s go!
- Ya!!! How can you be so carefree?
Jieun couldn’t understand Seung-hyun for sure, but for Seung-hyun staying there was the last thing he wanted. He didn’t tell Jieun about his meeting with his mother and didn’t want to tell Jieun what did his father told him when Seung-hyun went to his room. It was personal, so personal!
Seung-hyun once again said: Let’s go, I’m not in the mood to argue with you! Let’s buy something on the way and eat at my place!
- Why your place?!! I’m not coming!!!
Seung-hyun really got angry this time and said: I told you I’m not in the mood… Let’s go…
Seung-hyun said that and left, Jieun stayed there a little more, but then went after him.
*
- Wow, Don’t you come to your house usually?! Asked Jieun while looking around Seung-hyun’s house.
Seung-hyun put down the food and asked: What do you mean?
Jieun picked up a Cupid statue of book shell and murmured: Nothing, it just doesn’t look like your house!
- What are you saying to yourself over there?
Seung-hyun sat on the sofa and opened one of the food’s bag and said: Aren’t you coming?
Jieun put down the Cupid statue on it place and said: I’m coming. And then went and sat down on the ground, next to Seung-hyun.

They started eating their chicken and fries in silent. Jien realized Seung-hyun has bought a lot of beers and drank so much too. Seung-hyun felt uncomfortable on the sofa, so came down and sat next to Jieun. After eating half of the food Jieun said: Aaaah, I really wanted to eat chicken! Don’t you like chicken?
Jieun looked at Seung-hyun, Seung-hyun but didn’t look at Jieun, instead he smiled at chicken and said: Yes, when I was a child!
- Not now? Jieun asked that and bit a chicken leg.
- I like it now too!
It looked like Jieun was satisfied with Seung-hyun answer, She said: So you like chicken, that’s good! We need to know about each other more…
- Why?
- They might ask us about each other preferences! What if we don’t be able to answer even simple questions? That’s not good!
- No one will ask me! I don’t do interviews that much, plus I’m free right now… they might ask you, you can just act like you are shy about talking about your dating life!
- No way! It’s not that easy! Jieun said that, and opened another beer. Jieun added: Plus, I think we need to talk about some stuffs… I know we are not in a real relationship, but still there are things which bother me and I’m sure there are things which bother you too!
Seung-hyun thought about Jieun’s words and said: You are right!
Jieun got surprised and asked: There are really things which bothers you?!!!
Seung-hyun looked straight into Jieun’s eyes and said: Yes, there are!
- What?!
- You say first!
- Me? Ok! Jieun said that, and stretched her legs then continued: Hmm, for example, today, that friend of yours was really annoying!
Surprised Seung-hyun said: Jessica?!!! Ya!!! How can you say that, While she said nice things about you?
- Really? But I didn’t find her that nice! What did she say about me?
- Ya!!! What’s wrong with you?! Jessica said you were friendly!
- Really?! But I didn’t find her friendly!
- Ya!! Be careful of what you say about my friend!
- Really? But I thought you are not that close now!
- Who says?
- Why I didn’t know anything about her?! Jieun asked this and this time, she looked straight into Seung-hyun eyes.
Seung-hyun laughed in disbelief and answered: Should I introduce all my friends to you?
Jieun wanted to say yes, but she knew she didn’t have this right, so she just said: Whatever! Now you say, What’s bothering you?
- Minhyuk is annoying!
This time, it was Jieun’s turn to get surprised, she asked in disbelief: What did you say?
- You always talk about him, it almost looks like there is no other one in your life! Ya! Is he your only friend?!
- What… Why is he annoying to you? Yes, he is my only friend! Satisfied? Are you jealous of him? Do you love me, by any chance?
Seung-hyun got offended by Jieun’s sudden two last questions and said anxiously: What do you mean? I… When did I say I’m jealous of him? There is nothing to be jealous of!
- So why is he annoying?
- I said, it’s just because you talk about him a lot! Like this morning, you want to act alongside him so much, Why? Are you his fan, by any chance?
- Yes, I am!!! I can be fan of celebrities too!
- Are you just his fan? There are plenty other actors out there!
- No! I like others too, I’m fan of a lot of people! I like you too!
That last sentence came out of Jieun mouth unintentionally. Jieun’s eyed got wider and she stopped talking. Jieun and Seung-hyun stared at each other for a second and then Jieun turned her head to opposite side, Seung-hyun asked: what did you say?
Jieun felt embarrassed but confidently turned toward Seung-hyun and screamed: I’m your fan! What’s wrong with that? Then added in low voice: You look so cool in your movies… I…  Jieun once again felt embarrassed, so she turned her head to opposite side again. Seung-hyun Smiled and turned his head to opposite side as well. For a long moment there was just silence between them, Jieun face had turned red and Seung-hyun was smiling while playing with beer’s can. Now that he was silent, that was obvious that he was a little bit drunk… just a little bit!
At the end, Seung-hyun finally broke the silence and called: Kang Jieun…
Jieun immediately turned her head toward Seung-hyun, at the same time Seung-hyun turned his head toward Jieun too… Jieun eyes got wide and Seung-hyun smirked, for a second there was a small space between their lips and then Seung-hyun leaned completely forward and there was no more space in between!!!!!!!! :P

 

Finally!!! End of Chapter 9!!! One hard Chapter to write!!! This time I'm finger crossing that you like this chapter, cause I was so unsure about everything!!! I'm excited about the last part so much!!!
Thanks everyone for reading!! I will try my best like always!!!^_^