Chapter 5

When Souls Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark POV

When I woke up, she was gone nothing showing that she had been here other than a sticky note on the little table.

I was supposed to be the only one you dream about

I didn't understand what she meant.  Everything was perfect when we fell asleep last night.  I grabbed my phone from the table and called her but there was no answer.  I called again but there was still no answer.  I wasn't sure if she wasn't answering because she was upset or if she ran into Hyun Su when she left.  I feared the absolute worst. I quickly threw shoes on and ran to her apartment.  Once I was there, I headed up to her apartment and saw the door was half open.

"Hana?" I called out but didn't get a response.  I walked further in only hearing her groaning. I followed the soung into her room where she was laying on the floor bruised and bloody. "Hana!" I just wanted to hold her but I couldn't.  I couldn't let Hyun Su get away after hurting her like that.  I turned around seeing him try to leave and ran towards him slamming him into a wall.  I punched him one good time and he was unconscious.  I called 119 and went back to Ye Rin.  I kneeled next to her lifting her upper half from the ground and cradling her close.

"Why did you come back here?" Tears were on my cheeks.  "Why didn't you wake me up and let me explain?" What I would explain I'm not exactly sure.

"You...." her voice was raspy. I could tell she had been screaming. "dreamt..about..Isabelle." That's what she meant? What did she think I was dreaming about because I can guarantee it's not what I really dreamt.

"I'm sorry Hana."  I held her close feeling her get weaker and weaker by the second.  "Hana you have to stay awake."

"But...I'm tired."

"I know but, babe, if you sleep it could get worse. Just squeeze my hand and don't let go until I say so.  Okay?" No response. "Okay!?" She began squeezing my hand.

Minutes passed and just as her grip started to loosen the paramedics swarmed in.  Two handled Hyun Su as he began waking up and one came back to help Ye Rin.  He lifted her from the floor and laid her on the stretcher.  They wheeled her out to the elevator then out to the ambulance.  I climbed in the back with her and tried to keep my composure as we drove to the hospital. 

Once we were there, they wheeled her back and I was left waiting by myself.  Stares and gasps came from all directions but, fortunately, no one came over to me.  I don't know what I would have done if that happened at a moment like this.

About an hour passed before a nurse came to get me.

"Mark-ssi.  Can you follow me this way?" I nodded and stood up.

I walked in and felt my stomach tie itself into knots.

"She'll be fine.  She just has a couple fractured ribs and a broken arm.  She's on pain medicine so she will sleep for a while." I could hear the nurse but I couldn't register what was being said.  I was too focused on the helpless girl laying in the bed.  "Is she your friend?"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah.  I was going to visit her and that's when I found her on the floor and him trying to leave.  They caught him right?"

"They did.  They treated him for a minor concussion and sent him off to jail."

"Good."

"She's lucky to have a friend like you." She said smiling. "Make sure you stay here so she isn't scared when she wakes up.  I'm sure she's had enough scares today."  I just nodded my head and walked over to her.  "If you need anything just press the green button."  I nodded again and she left.

"Hana.   I'm so sorry.  I shouldn't have let this happen."  I kneeled next to her bed.  "But you should have trusted me."

"Ayeee~ I'm trying to sleep."  She whined. 

"Hana."

"Shhh~ jaja."

"But I'm not tired."

"I am.  I woke up at 6 o'clock to you calling out for Isabelle. And these pain meds are making me sleepy."

"I wasn't calling out for..."

"Babe~" She whined again.  I couldn't help but smile.

"Fine.  Sleep.  But we are talking about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter