Chapter 3

When Souls Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

"Mark?"  I didn't know how to react. 

So many emotions were running through me, my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. Tears were forming from all of the emotion I was feeling.  I tried holding them back but it was inevitable that they were going to fall.  The only man I ever truly loved left me then managed to save my life.

"Don't cry." He said wiping my tears.  "Why are you crying?"

"You...I...we...how did you save me?"

"I saw you walking but saw him come over to you.  Figuring he was your boyfriend, I stood back but I saw him push you.  I know you can't swim so I ran over scaring him off then pulled you from the water."

"I never thought I'd see you again." I said standing myself up. A couple minutes passed while I gathered my thoughts.  "I never want to see you again."  I was hurt remembering when I'd first got to Korea.  I started walking away only to be pulled back.

"What do you mean?"

"I never want to see you again.  You didn't want to see me then so why do you want to see me now?"  I kept replaying the text message over and over. "When I told you I was here you didn't even respond.  Thinking you didn't get the message, I decided I would bring you some coffee and we could talk for a minute.  But when you saw me, you walked away as if I was invisible."

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't even smile, wave, anything.  You didn't do anything."

"Hana please." 

"No.  You called me Hana when I was the one you loved.  The one that made you smile.  The one you didn't want to leave."

"Hana~"

"When I was the one.  But I'm not now.  I'm Ye Rin." Say it one more time.  Hanbeonman.  One more time and I'll believe you still love me.  I'll stay and let you explain.  Just please say it one more time.

"Ye Rin~ please~." Just like when you left.  I was Ye Rin.  I wasn't Hana anymore.  I know now that our love died then.  That when you ignored me, it was because I wasn't your Hana anymore.  I get it.  I'm okay.  I'm...okay.  I fought the tears just enough to turn around and begin walking away.  "Hana~ please stay."  I stopped dead in my tracks.

Just as I was giving up he stopped me, the same as when we met.  The same as when I became Hana.  His arms wrapped around me sending me back to the past on top of the school building pills in hand.

Six and a Half Years Ago

Two days ago I walked into the school hoping no one heard the news.  Hoping no one knew my dad was a murderer.  Hoping no one knew he murdered my own brother and kept my mom quiet.  Hoping they understood I knew nothing about it.  But all hopes shattered with the opening of my locker.  Every hope I had flushed away with the fake blood and Halloween body parts spilling from my locker.

"Come on." Na In said pulling me from the mess.  She led me through the crowd into the nurse's office.

"Watch out for the murderer's daughter!" Isabella, the most popular girl in school, shouted from the center of the crowd. 

Everyone laughed and began chanting "the murderer's daughter" over and over again. I fought the tears until I was out of view of everyone. The nurse walked in then stepped away scared.  I dropped my head to the floor tears dropping beginning to form a small puddle.

"It's okay."  I heard a guy say.  He walked over putting a hand on my shoulder.  "What kind of school nurse doesn't help the students?"  The nurse scoffed at him and left.  "Give me your shoes." He said taking my sandals from my feet and rinsing them off.  He came back with a wet rag wiping the red substance from my feet.  "What happened?" He said smiling up at me.  His smile made me want to reveal everything, but I couldn't speak.  My voice was stuck behind the pain I was feeling.

"She was Isabella's victim." Na In said.

"Oh.  You're the girl everyone's talking about.  Ye Rin right?"  I nodded my head.  "Did you know?" I looked confused.  "That your Dad did that?" I shook my head.  I couldn't speak.

"It happened just after she was born." Na In spoke for me. "Wait.  Aren't you Isabella's boyfriend?  Why are being so nice?"

"Just because I date her, doesn't mean I'm like her."

"But why would you date someone so cruel?"

"Sometimes I ask the same question.  Maybe it's because of the popularity I gained.  I was always invisible until I started dating her." Na In gave that 'ohhh' nod then looked at me.  "There you go." He said handing me my sandals.  I put them on my feet and stood up.  "Maybe it's time I get over it and date the person I've wanted to date since middle school." He smiled and walked away.

"Well there was the highlight of your morning.  Enjoy it while it lasts." Na In said walking with me to class.

Yesterday was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter